mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 01-24-2020, 09:36 AM   #1 (permalink)

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
PPS Fan
My 2020 goals

I bought my first Phantom when I was 14 (1999). A year later I had to sell the Phantom to fund an Automag (money was tight back then). My buddy, I sold it to, put it through the ringer. Lots
Of heavy use/love and then chopped it up to try to throw a block on the back and make it semi-automatic. Valiant effort that never quite worked out. The pile of parts was tossed in a box and presumably lost.
Over 20 years later, he shoots me a message saying he found all those old parts and asked if I wanted them. I couldn’t have been more excited at the idea of resurrecting my first marker !
I plan to bring it back to exactly how it was when I used it (nothing fancy) aside from some asp detents. So far I had to get a replacement trigger frame and am on the hunt for an older cci barrel (the newer ones don’t fit the older breaches).

This past year my daughter, and her cheerleading team, qualified for nationals and had to go to Disney to compete. Basically I had to come up with $1000’s in a few weeks to make this happen. My T2 I had purchased in 2013, in memory of my mom, lost a few parts to help fund this anyway that I could. Every few dollars helped. She went, did great, and had a blast! Now it’s time to
Get this beast running again. Was considering a PPS stabilizer (just to try something different).

So basically, goals for 2020 are to get both these markers going again and show them the proper amount of field time they deserve.. starting with Slim’s game in a couple months.

I’d love to see more projects everyone has going on for this year !

-Allan
Old 01-24-2020, 09:51 AM   #2 (permalink)

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
PPS Fan
Reserved for updates.
Old 01-24-2020, 10:12 AM   #3 (permalink)
MCB Member

If I took a picture of the threads on a barrel would you recognize them? I have a phantom with a serial number in the 7000's and I have been wondering why the barrels I have didn't fit anything. They are brass so I figured that it was a custom job, now I think it might just be old style threads.
Old 01-24-2020, 10:31 AM   #4 (permalink)

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
PPS Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by autococker04 View Post
If I took a picture of the threads on a barrel would you recognize them? I have a phantom with a serial number in the 7000's and I have been wondering why the barrels I have didn't fit anything. They are brass so I figured that it was a custom job, now I think it might just be old style threads.
Hey, thanks for the response, i'll have to check the serial number when I get home. I am pretty sure the threads look identical, but it may have something to do w/ an outer diameter change somewhere along the line.. someone may chime in with the correct explanation. I know I read somewhere, awhile back, that the newer threads could be filed down to fit the older breaches. but I am not sure if that's correct either
Old 01-24-2020, 10:38 AM   #5 (permalink)
MCB Member

Hmm, that makes sense, I never tried to put a newer barrel into the old gun, just the other way around. Good luck with your project!

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone