mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 02-12-2018, 11:58 PM   #161 (permalink)

OK so what is the maxed bps limit set to now??? Local tourney player told me 10.5 bps over the weekend
AnthonyW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 12:50 AM   #162 (permalink)
MCB Member

10.5 BPS Millenium Ramp mode is standard. It is also called NXL mode now, but it is not the same as previous NXL modes of the same name. (Old NXL mode used to be 15 BPS full auto after the 3rd trigger pull). The new NXL mode requires the user maintain 5 BPS and stops ramping very quickly.

There is also a Mechanical division with no rate of fire cap, but reactive/response/reflex triggers are not allowed. Pneumag triggers have been argued, and I don't know if there has been a ruling on them. This division is dominated by cockers and GoG eNMEys.

There is a growing interest in a new format of 10-man "mechanical" classic tournaments typically played on a mix of fields mounds/hyperpipe/woods/some airball. This format allowed electronic guns strictly capped at 5.5 BPS semi auto, or mechanical guns with no cap but still no reactive/response/reflex triggers. Many players still choose to use electronic guns in these events simply because of the reliability that eye systems offer and their ability to reliably shoot more fragile modern paintballs. Some players also don't have a high-end mechanical gun or any mechanical gun in their kit but don't want to be left out of the fun!

Planet Eclipse Tech and Planet Eclipse Service Center. Please PM me for any warranty work or other Planet Eclipse service needs.
jerryjjackson69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 01:43 AM   #163 (permalink)
Closer to home.....

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryjjackson69 View Post
10.5 BPS Millenium Ramp mode is standard. It is also called NXL mode now, but it is not the same as previous NXL modes of the same name. (Old NXL mode used to be 15 BPS full auto after the 3rd trigger pull). The new NXL mode requires the user maintain 5 BPS and stops ramping very quickly.

There is also a Mechanical division with no rate of fire cap, but reactive/response/reflex triggers are not allowed. Pneumag triggers have been argued, and I don't know if there has been a ruling on them. This division is dominated by cockers and GoG eNMEys.

There is a growing interest in a new format of 10-man "mechanical" classic tournaments typically played on a mix of fields mounds/hyperpipe/woods/some airball. This format allowed electronic guns strictly capped at 5.5 BPS semi auto, or mechanical guns with no cap but still no reactive/response/reflex triggers. Many players still choose to use electronic guns in these events simply because of the reliability that eye systems offer and their ability to reliably shoot more fragile modern paintballs. Some players also don't have a high-end mechanical gun or any mechanical gun in their kit but don't want to be left out of the fun!
So pneumatic triggers are still good?

My Feedback: Here on MCB BigEvilOnline Automags.org PaintBallNation
Zondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 12:59 PM   #164 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zondo View Post
So pneumatic triggers are still good?
That's still a debatable topic. SOME pneumatic triggers are allowed. Basically ones that can't be "walked" for high rates of fire. GoG enmeys, gmeks, etc are all pneumatic triggers and are good to go. But if you show up with something that is ripping 10+ BPS with no hiccups like a walkable pnuemag then they probably won't allow it. Even though it isn't RT'ing, and it is literally one shot per pull completely semi-auto. Basically, if it has some fancy internal mechanism that is giving an additional pneumatic assist (like an LPR and ram in the trigger mech) then it probably won't be allowed. The rules don't state this, but I think it's because they haven't come up with a way to write them that accurately encompasses all the different guns out there. You might get by if it has a single trigger.

Planet Eclipse Tech and Planet Eclipse Service Center. Please PM me for any warranty work or other Planet Eclipse service needs.
jerryjjackson69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 01:54 PM   #165 (permalink)
Mar
Carter's wife's boyfriend

Brass and Wood Fan
WOW!

AGD_Retro, FRINK!, JAde Monkey! SOme of my favourite members!

And of course my mostest favourite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbinger[TG] View Post
you could try putting it on MCBTV
love ya big guy.
Mar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 02:18 PM   #166 (permalink)
MCB Member

Local guys are joking around with playing the 5.5 BPS with a pump just for giggles. I have half a mind to get a phantom revolution or similar to play it. Should be a hoot.
somethingbenign is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 01:25 AM   #167 (permalink)

Figures they gotta pick on the Pneumags!!!
AnthonyW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 02:56 PM   #168 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyW View Post
Figures they gotta pick on the Pneumags!!!
And pneucockers!
Marker Engineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 03:39 PM   #169 (permalink)
Grumpy Lurker

My old SS25 and Proline Sterling were capable of some decent BPS when wailing on the Autotrigger. I even fed the Sterling with a Warp Feed for Castle Conquest once, that was a hoot! My stabilizer (female in bottomline config) iced over a couple times. I don't think it was ever more than 5 or 6 though.

My current pneumag is definitely a walkable mouse click like trigger... with no bounce at all, and is thoroughly enjoyable.

I haven't seen the Phantom Revolution in person yet.
Fred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 05:22 PM   #170 (permalink)
Post Whore

Omg I started this thread?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone