mcarterbrown.com  

Old 10-20-2019, 05:02 PM   #1 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via MSN to Gabe

Paging Bonesjackson

Hey man, tried to send you a PM but your inbox is full. Looking for some of the matrix history/info you have in your sig line.
Gabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 06:26 PM   #2 (permalink)
Where's Tug Contest Winner

Brass and Wood Fan
CCI Phantom Fan
Bones hasn't been active here in a while. You can probably get a hold of him on Reddit's /r/paintball sub. I believe he's a mod there.
Old 10-20-2019, 11:05 PM   #3 (permalink)
Tinkerer

What info are you looking for?
Macdave06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 11:41 PM   #4 (permalink)
MCB Member

Just any and all history I can dig up on the Matrix. I'm working on making an archive of some paintball history and would like to see a full history of the matrix all in one place if such a thing exists. Plus all the private label guns and all that. So...I guess just everything.
Old 10-20-2019, 11:43 PM   #5 (permalink)
Tinkerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabe View Post
Just any and all history I can dig up on the Matrix. I'm working on making an archive of some paintball history and would like to see a full history of the matrix all in one place if such a thing exists. Plus all the private label guns and all that. So...I guess just everything.
PBN should still have the "Uber matrix sticky"
Macdave06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 03:29 PM   #6 (permalink)
Patient Zero

Send a message via Yahoo to Tracker Send a message via Skype™ to Tracker

CCM Fan
what i CAN tell you is that the data is safe. when they took down the site, they saved everything.

as far as how to resurrect the data without resurrecting the whole site, i'm not 100% sure.. i'm not that well versed in website administration

and it would appear that the wayback machine and archives are failing this one was well..

and the uber matrix sticky is pretty standard old hat for sticky threads

what would you like to know specifically?, ill help you out as best i can

^And i did it while wearing a helmetcam^ in 1080P HD if you need proof
Trackers feedback
Tracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 03:48 PM   #7 (permalink)
MCB Member

That's the problem, the "uber matrix sticky" is pretty baseline information; not a lot of in depth info about minor differences between generations and stuff.

What I'm really trying to do is resurrect that specific entire page and make it available for public use. BUT I'm also not that good at web development/website stuff.
Old 10-21-2019, 05:55 PM   #8 (permalink)
Patient Zero

CCM Fan
well i don't know how giving they want to be with all the work that they did.. so that's going to be a big issue there.. they put a lot of time, effort, and energy into it. and it's their prerogative to do with it as they please

are people asking about them again? is there some need for this information to be re-distributed?

and do you want to step up to be the new bones jackson for every question, tech issue, and in-between? because they will find you, and they will ask you

i'm not trying to be combative here but my point is, the site is dead and the articles arent hosted for a reason. and a lack of time to stay on top of it constantly is a big contributor.

think of it like this (because i'm almost positive this is how bones looks at it), you did a big group project in college a few years ago, as a group effort everyone contributed, but 2 did a lot more work than the others, the project was a success, and everyone got an A, including the people who helped but never got recognised for it.. now your asking the guy whose name is on the project for his completed paper because you want to share it..

and im 100% positive that if/when bones sees this, i will be corrected in the areas i am wrong (as he's never missed an opportunity before)

so bones, if you ever get around to reading this, i apologize in the areas i am incorrect, i am just basing this on how i understand you as a person. as flawed as that maybe from reality

Trackers feedback
Old 10-21-2019, 06:47 PM   #9 (permalink)
MCB Member

And I totally get that, I would not want to present material that's not mine without giving any and all credit where due. And I also get the whole inundated with questions thing if/when I get around to putting together a webpage with some of this history written down. Right now it's in the very early stages of concept and I'm just trying to get some material together that would be worth presenting and storing.

What I'd like to avoid is the situation that the Sheridan guys have with PGP's where the timeline and history is pretty much lost because it was all oral and from people's memories. Now all we know about the PGP is the generational changes but not what years those changes were made or even the details of what all changes happened.

Again, I don't want to "rip off" anybody's hard work. It would just be nice to be able to get all of this information without having to do all the digging and footwork since it's already been done. It does sound selfish when put like that but if the site has been taken down and there are no plans to put it back up then what is the point of having gotten all that information compiled in the first place?
Old 10-21-2019, 07:10 PM   #10 (permalink)
Patient Zero

CCM Fan
all valid questions and points, and that was the original intent of the thing.. the site it was hosted on going down was inconvenient more than anything. o know that bones and his brother have every intention of bringing it back someday, but i know they wanted to do something a little "better" and unfortunately as passions and projects come and go, sometimes family things crop up that put all those other things off to the side.

and that's where they are at currently.

i can tell you for certain that i won't let the data disappear either as i was one of the people on the "group project" i just never bring it up

Trackers feedback

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Dye