mcarterbrown.com  

Europe Player to Player Connection

Old 05-02-2008, 06:42 PM   #1 (permalink)
Rec Poster

A new PUMP_ACTION team in POLAND :) and the pics from event :F

3rd Pump Day Mazovia

A new group of polish pump players finally rose up

An unofficial name of the team is "Pumpslingers" There are obout 18 pump players in and around the Warsaw

Here are the pics from today's event played on abandon post-military radiolocation base located near to Warsaw :F

A lot of trracers few sterlings one cocker pump and my phantom

There were 13 of us the game was just amazing the "field" very differentiated and the weather was good (a little bit of clouds but it wasn't raining :F) and what is most important --> the shots were accurate xD

Enjoy the pics

IT's me :F

Bloody :F

Going back to home :F

Last edited by ~Rascal'[POLAND]; 05-02-2008 at 07:07 PM.
~Rascal'[POLAND] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 06:53 PM   #2 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Awesome! Always good to hear more pumpers in Europe!

Maybe I should start a team of my own...
Old 05-03-2008, 03:19 AM   #3 (permalink)

damn, there are days (not that often though) I wish I lived in Warsaw :P
Rascal, you did a good work putting the team together!
rogalxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 06:53 AM   #4 (permalink)
Autotriggerhappy. :)

CCM Fan
Very nice! But i'm not too fond of the safety aspect... Where are the barrel condoms in the group pic?
Yes! I love being in battle! I love the moment when my marker stops being a machine and becomes part of me! My blood boils and my mind goes all white! It's an incredible high! There's no time to think, only action!

<-- Don't give in to this greedy company policy.
FiXeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 06:59 AM   #5 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Looks like you guys had a great day.
Lrrpie-CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 10:41 AM   #6 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Quote:
Where are the barrel condoms in the group pic?
Lost in action
Old 05-03-2008, 11:14 AM   #7 (permalink)

CCM Fan
Get some spares!

Not that i'm questioning how you guys handle safety, but i do find it important... Ever got shot by somebody that was teching his own marker? I was. I always carry about 3 socks when i go play. 2 are usually for my own guns that are "hot" (meaning they have air and paint in them) and 1 loaner.

Accidents will happen, according to murpheys law. I rather be safe, than sorry. I've learned this the hard way when i got shot with a .22 pellet gun 15 years ago. That pellet still remains inside my head.

Playing paintball is fun, but please let's keep it that way.
Yes! I love being in battle! I love the moment when my marker stops being a machine and becomes part of me! My blood boils and my mind goes all white! It's an incredible high! There's no time to think, only action!

Old 05-03-2008, 11:35 AM   #8 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Yes You are right. One of us had an accident in past --> He was standing in safezone but somehow a single paintball hit him to (fortunately closed) the eye He didn't saw for more than a week after that and the doctor said to him at first that he won't be able to see good for this eye in future even after recovery.... but fortunately his eye was healed and now he see just like every avarage man

personally I always carrying barrelbag with me... It's a good question why I didn't use it this time :F Probably I was so absorbed of playing that I didn't even think about it :F

Last edited by ~Rascal'[POLAND]; 05-03-2008 at 06:05 PM.
Old 05-04-2008, 11:50 AM   #9 (permalink)

That's the same kind of overkill that bomb squads display when handling not armed plastic explosive - designed to be safe enough to drive nails with.

Don't get me wrong - i'm all for safety, and using barrelbags on open-bolt semis, that are allways cocked with a paintball having free access to the barrel is a good idea - there is only the manual safety in the way of an accidental discharge. But an anal plug in a pump? that makes about the same difference that manual safety on or off does on a holstered colt 1911 without a round in the chamber.

At this point the fact that everybody, including the first-timer (oh yes, we had one) displayed perfect discipline and regular common sense when handling the gun makes little difference.

And back to the event - that was totally awesome - a long trip back to the roots of paintball. Starting with the trip through the city (no matter how You look at it, the capital of Poland is not a small village), that (completely accidentally) had 5 of us getting on the same bus (gradually, not all at once) with a crapload of gear and a large co2 tank, only to take a nice trek from the end of the line to the playing location.

Then it was poertry - no referees, no whistles, and no flags - we begun by general consent and ended with the last player off the field. Took us some 3 hours to play about fifteen games without any time pressure or bps maniacs spoiling the fun - the one time when i stormed a room with one opponent to go and one paintball to make him go with (of which i was aware beforehand) will forever remain in my memory (more so because I won that one).

The only thing i didn't like about friday (and everyone else will agree with me) were... the mosquitos - I have more mosquito bites than bruises (not difficult when you only got one bruise) but some things you just have to live with - guess a t-shirt is a sort of a "free meal" sign to them.

And between me and a helpful friend, who volounteered to operate the camera, we took 191 photos - it is a really wonderful feeling when you trust people enough to take a digital camera (and not exactly a cheap one but an EOS400D with a 70-300 lens) right into the thick of the action and take some cool pictures.

If You are in Poland, feel free to check our forum at paintball.info.pl :: Zobacz Forum - mazowieckie for any topic with "PUMP DAY" in the name and drop in anytime.
szary[PL] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 12:57 PM   #10 (permalink)

CCM Fan
There's a thing to say for that... A pump is far less dangerous when a ball isnt chambered and it isnt cocked. But a barrel bag gives me the assurance that i can be confident it won't shoot me by some freak accident, and it's clearly visible that the gun is safe. I can see the bag, not if the marker has a ball chambered or is cocked. There's the big difference. I've been playing for almost 3 years and i've seen some near misses. Granted, those were with semi's, but then again this also could happen with a pump. Safety on doesn't guarantee its actually safe. People forget their safety all the time, and unfortunatly i'm one of those people.

I'm not trying to be the morale hero here, but safety is something that should not be overlooked. I'm sure you guys play safe, and play hard as all pump players do. But please play it as safely as you can.

Will some of you go to mahlwinkel?

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Local Games » Europe