mcarterbrown.com  

Featuring Death Team Featuring Death

Old 04-09-2017, 09:25 PM   #11 (permalink)
Money Spending Enthusiast

Basically, if I want to play, I have to purge. Mine is a monetary restriction more than anything. But I have been seriously considering just stepping out completely given how hard it is for me to get out an play these days, which sucks since I do really enjoy playing with everyone.

Gearcave Clearout!

#MarIsAwesome
Keys_JR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 10:17 PM   #12 (permalink)
Post Whore

I don't think you should purge for a two reasons:
1. If you sell those guns, they will just be wall hangers for other people. They aren't really players guns.
2. They are cooler than their market price. It looks like you carefully curated these markers.
I recently purged a CCM marker. It was a great marker, but it was $700 not getting played with. It allowed me to get a clone of my favorite marker as a backup gun and buy an vintage garden tractor. I wouldn't sell these unless you have a definite plan for the money that is as cool.
Old 04-09-2017, 10:51 PM   #13 (permalink)
Mr. Hoity Toity

The vector is a player's gun, our team had one on the field today.
No one is judge/jury/executioner here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbinger[TG] View Post
I must have missed that memo

Feedback

Kinda Loves DPrekel
The Flounder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 11:50 PM   #14 (permalink)
Money Spending Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellyghost View Post
I don't think you should purge for a two reasons:
1. If you sell those guns, they will just be wall hangers for other people. They aren't really players guns.
2. They are cooler than their market price. It looks like you carefully curated these markers.
I recently purged a CCM marker. It was a great marker, but it was $700 not getting played with. It allowed me to get a clone of my favorite marker as a backup gun and buy an vintage garden tractor. I wouldn't sell these unless you have a definite plan for the money that is as cool.
That's a good point actually.

Gearcave Clearout!

#MarIsAwesome
Keys_JR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 03:20 AM   #15 (permalink)
phantom phanatic

Send a message via AIM to Phantom1313

I think it is fair to keep whatever brings you pleasure. I think collecting is half the fun of any hobby....I mean, I can name several hobbies/games/pastimes that actually REQUIRE collecting in order to be feasible or competitive in the hobby...I'm thinking specifically of certain unnamed card games *cough*magicthegathering*cough* .....also, I frankly don't know anyone who doesn't have a collection, or a desire for one, of whatever they love.... even the sneaker kids got several pairs of jordans....right?

butttttttttt, I do think it would be cool for you to bust those guns out once in awhile and get some gameplay footage...since you know, most of those guns came out when it was not convenient to film games...so it would be neat to make a video library/archive (kind of like bacci's paintball vids on youtube) of older/rare/out of production guns in use.....just my two cents.

I make carbon fiber feed tubes & ghostrings for phantoms:https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/...ost-rings.html

My feedback: https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/...-feedback.html
Phantom1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 12:10 AM   #16 (permalink)
MCB Member

I say keep them unless you really, REALLY, need the cash. I sold most of my makers when I first started playing in order to upgrade. I really wish I hadn't. If for no other reason than nostalgia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300z View Post
when you go out, play to have fun, play to get better, and be someone people want to play with.
Fudge is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball Teams » Team Forums » Featuring Death