mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 04-29-2013, 06:20 PM   #41 (permalink)
more gooder

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullofpaint View Post
How about the infamous Crowdbuster:

https://i1181.photobucket.com/albums/...62/inline1.jpg

Did anyone ever actually get these? DOn't think I've ever seen of photo of one in the wild.
I think there is one crowdbuster floating around. there might even have been a couple that made them out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Mercy Ever View Post
I would have to be another to pipe in about chplnstone and WALZ. There are too many threads to go track down pictures of WALZ's stuff, but chplnstone has this thread: https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/a...ml#post2095803

I would also include stuff from dukie, since he pretty much only seems to sell them through here, and Palmers stuff, which also seems to be more prevalent here than all of the other sites combined.
This is the only site i sell from. if people want them they have to come here. if they come here, they seem to stay. if they stay, they bring add revenue to the site which is good for everyone

As an added bonus MCB has a much lower proportion of idiots than other places. I have very little patience for that lol.

Im going to have to say the iconic factor applies to pretty much everything custom here. Everyhting is just over the top custom. If you want brass outside of mcb your choice is palmers. Come to mcb and you have your choice of 2 currently active smiths that produce amazing creations all the way from scratch body builds right up to including custom stock fabrications. Plus there are at least 6 others that have produced and are currently innactive or only producing as time permits.

We have airsmiths that can, will and have produced amazing off off creations from scratch or remilled exisitng to suit.

You want custom grips? 3 guys have you covered!

How about furniture? there are probably 10 that can cover that!

Pneumatic conversions for electros? at least 3 can hook you up with parts or drop in kits.

Refurbs and rebuilds for stuff that hasnt been manufactured in 20 years? sure! mind you most of us can do that just by opening the parts bin lol.

Want a double barreled whatever? sure, 4 guys do that!

Leather/kydex/webbing goods custom made to fit that custom goodie you just had made? sure! 3 guys here can help you, plus a bunch more that are here regularly.

MCB really is a place where anyhting custom is possible, and where custom really does mean something!
dukie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 06:25 PM   #42 (permalink)
random probability waves

Brass and Wood Fan
Quote:

Did anyone ever actually get these? DOn't think I've ever seen of photo of one in the wild.

that brings back bad memories. but I parlayed my paid in full in advance vaporware crowdbuster into a series of trades that ended up with me having a nice palmerized KP2. I took a hit, all things told, but it was not a total loss.
TANSTAAFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by matteekay
I agree with Don.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stimpy
don is on the path to everlasting coolness
Quote:
Originally Posted by DashHopes
OMG boobs, beers and Chad Thompson. Nothing could be better.
Drum called me a snowflake and it made me cry
Bored383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 06:38 PM   #43 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:

https://i1181.photobucket.com/albums/...62/inline1.jpg

i don't think a scammer's gun should be considered iconic for anything.
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 06:39 PM   #44 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to blackrain

I just over all the custom work I can never have. Anything custom here is ICONIC to me. This is the place for CUSTOM

Later,
Blackrain
blackrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 06:42 PM   #45 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

when I think of MCB I think of Sheridans and Duckslides everywhere lol
Old 04-29-2013, 07:09 PM   #46 (permalink)
Money Spending Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patar View Post
when I think of MCB I think of Sheridans and Duckslides everywhere lol
For me it's probably quantity. I think there are a few people that have had more guns pass through their hands without even playing with them than some people have ever had. There are probably a handful who have conducted trades without ever laying their hands on the gun.

Gearcave Clearout!

#MarIsAwesome
Keys_JR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 07:19 PM   #47 (permalink)

I would split it between a classic nelson (grey ghost?) and a sheridan (kp2?).

In a sport where many people choose newer, shiny technology over learning basic skills and a properly tuning a marker MCB to me is a refuge of reality. We show that pumps and electros can co-exist, and that new players are more than just targets. I choose the above classics for that reason.
wespe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 07:42 PM   #48 (permalink)
Aggalicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keys_JR View Post
For me it's probably quantity. I think there are a few people that have had more guns pass through their hands without even playing with them than some people have ever had. There are probably a handful who have conducted trades without ever laying their hands on the gun.
Guilty
AbeShip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:07 PM   #49 (permalink)
MCB Member

Add Rainmakers, Rainman, and the whole concept of elevating any marker, even a Splatmaster.

some things are stickier than others
Spider! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:30 PM   #50 (permalink)
Mar
Carter's wife's boyfriend

Brass and Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by pk5 View Post
I think Iconic MCB gun should be a gun that almost all members can afford yet represent the collecting mentality of MCB, not one off unicorns since those are few and far in between with a price tag to match.

So by the criteria above it would have to be one of the P series or a Nelspot. Market price for them are still in the affordable range, and that is something a new member is likely to pickup.
AHA! That's the ticket! SHOW ME YOUR UNICORNS!

LIke what Stilgar did!
Mar is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat