mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   General Chat (https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/general-chat/)
-   -   Game of Thrones (https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/general-chat/232789-game-thrones.html)

heinous 05-05-2013 05:20 AM

Game of Thrones

i just started watching episode 1. it has breasts and puppies, i don't think this show can ever fail.

man, if carl from walking dead was in this show, he would have died in the first episode. :rolleyes:

i don't know why that blonde was so sad about getting married off. that dude probably would treat her better than her own scumbag brother has shown to have treated her.

PistolRogue 05-05-2013 05:42 AM

Dude, hold on to your pants because that blonde becomes one of the best characters on the show.

Also, I hope you don't get attached to characters easily.... *evil laugh*

I was kind of surprised there wasn't a thread about this show already in existence, to be honest...

dundadun 05-05-2013 06:07 AM

I just started reading it today!
Should I try and watch at the same time for a bit or just wait now? It's kinda hard keeping track of the names already. I'd like to have some faces to put names to.

heinous 05-05-2013 06:49 AM

lol this malfoy lookalike got slapped by a midget. why does the redhead even like him

martix_agent 05-05-2013 07:32 AM

is this on netflix now?

OPBN 05-05-2013 08:36 AM

Im on book 5 now. Reading the books and watching the show can be a little confusing as there are definitely some variances in the story lines. The tv show even has some characters that do not appear in the books. I watched seasons 1 and 2, but havent started in on 3 yet as by the time all the kids are asleep I'm too tired/unmotivated to stay up and watch them.

Heinous, not only does it have puppies and boobies, it eventually has zombies and dragons to boot!

Rain-Man005 05-05-2013 08:52 AM

It is on Netflix. It's really easy to waste a day on lol

chrislognshot 05-05-2013 09:06 AM

what suck for me. is i was able to find season 2 on blue ray but can not get season 1 on blue ray. will not watch season 2 in till i get season 1.

Bored383 05-05-2013 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heinous (Post 2701175)
lol this malfoy lookalike got slapped by a midget. why does the redhead even like him

that midget is the best character on the show, IMO

I am part way into season 2 right now - good stuff

but for some reason the intro animation / music and the whole basic tenor of the show really make me want to reinstall Civ on my computer. must resist

heinous 05-05-2013 10:10 AM

you guys are right. i am 4 episodes in, glad to see blondie has her life turn relatively positive.

character development. character development everywhere. watching this show makes me realize just how bad the walking dead writers are, and that was supposed to be one of the better shows these days.

and i keep waiting for boromir to kick ***.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bored383 (Post 2701209)
but for some reason the intro animation / music and the whole basic tenor of the show really make me want to reinstall Civ on my computer. must resist

i once was in a conversation about government when one person used "cultural victory" as an actual intellectual term. i cringed so hard i didn't talk for the rest of that conversation, and have not played the game since then out of embarrassment.