mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   General Chat (https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/general-chat/)
-   -   IF YOU think you're about to die, you might as well grab a cold one before you go. (https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/general-chat/252797-if-you-think-youre-about-die-you-might-well-grab-cold-one-before-you-go.html)

Bored383 03-08-2014 11:16 PM

IF YOU think you're about to die, you might as well grab a cold one before you go.

Rod bitten by deadly snake, grabs beer and hopes for the best | Rockhampton Morning Bulletin

martix_agent 03-08-2014 11:19 PM

I'd like to meet this man. He seems like such a down to earth and rational person.

Axel 03-08-2014 11:22 PM

I resolve to incorporate "cark it" into my regular vocabulary.

Bored383 03-08-2014 11:26 PM

a friend of mine is a transplanted bogan and I read the story in his voice

which made it even funnier

Arson24 03-10-2014 01:18 PM

Quote:

The 54-year-old was moving a few pot plants in his yard when the two and half foot snake nipped him on the finger.
a "Goldie" and a "Greeny"

lol

DashHopes 03-10-2014 01:33 PM

Quote:The 54-year-old was moving a few pot plants in his yard when the two and half foot snake nipped him on the finger.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arson24 (Post 2917453)
a "Goldie" and a "Greeny" lol

Hence the calm demeanor.

Brother Jerry 03-10-2014 03:27 PM

Should anyone point out that it should be a Coldie not a Goldie?

martix_agent 03-10-2014 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brother Jerry (Post 2917543)

Aussies say funny things. I just figured that was one of them.

Jaccen 03-11-2014 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brother Jerry (Post 2917543)

Quote:

Originally Posted by martix_agent (Post 2917673)
Aussies say funny things. I just figured that was one of them.

He, basically, grabbed a "Bud."

Quote:

XXXX Gold is one of the many beers manufactured in the Australian state of Queensland by Castlemaine Perkins and is one of Australia's most popular beers.[1] Victoria Bitter held the highest market share of all beer sold in Australia for more than two decades. However in 2012 this mantle passed to the Lion Nathan's Queensland XXXX Gold.[2] XXXX Gold is also produced in the Boags Bewery in Launceston Tasmania
XXXX Gold - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

XXXX_Gold aka "Goldie."

Think I would have at least wrote my son a note or something if I felt I was on my way out. Yeah, the kid's napping but this is one of those "Whelp, better say my last words" moments.

Bored383 03-11-2014 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaccen (Post 2917895)
He, basically, grabbed a "Bud."

XXXX Gold - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

XXXX_Gold aka "Goldie."

Think I would have at least wrote my son a note or something if I felt I was on my way out. Yeah, the kid's napping but this is one of those "Whelp, better say my last words" moments.

Context is important. Example, I have a beer snob friend who readily admits the best beer he ever had was a desert warm Budwieser after wrenching for some time to fix his truck out in the middle of nowhere. Some strangers had stopped to help and that was all they had, and he said it was gloriously delicious

I imagine if I was facing The Moment I would not be particular about the beer - just give me a beer, dammit