mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 03-10-2015, 09:30 PM   #1 (permalink)
Nerd

Formula 1 season starts this weekend! Anyone else excited?

Anyone other MCB'ers follow F1? First race is this weekend, very much looking forward to it.
Zombie Defense Force, Local 42 #61 "Darwin"
IT'S TIME TO TOSS THE DICE
DarwinZDF42<--YouTube channel. Subscribe! "Integrity is doing what's right, even if nobody is looking." My MCB feedback
Diomedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 09:48 PM   #2 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

PPS Fan
Yes! I'm a big Lewis Hamilton fan and I love me some Mclaren. Actually pulling for Alonso for once. Love the turbos but I wish they would allow more development on the aero side though. I understand they shut down all the crazy aero developments to help out the smaller teams but obviously that didn't work and will never work. Either way, the slim cars look fantastic this year

My Feedback!
ajohnson677 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 10:48 PM   #3 (permalink)
chuff chuff

Brass and Wood Fan
Might be going to f1 in Montreal woot
Hobbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 11:28 PM   #4 (permalink)
Nerd

I would love to see McLaren be competitive this year, but not looking good, is it? Still, maybe there'll be 2-4 teams competing for wins regularly this year.
DarwinZDF42<--YouTube channel. Subscribe! "Integrity is doing what's right, even if nobody is looking." My MCB feedback
Old 03-11-2015, 12:25 PM   #5 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diomedes View Post
I would love to see McLaren be competitive this year, but not looking good, is it? Still, maybe there'll be 2-4 teams competing for wins regularly this year.
I find it's usually hard to tell until a few races into the season. The first race doesn't always wind up showing what the season will actually look like.
CrowsFeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 01:09 PM   #6 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowsFeast View Post
I find it's usually hard to tell until a few races into the season. The first race doesn't always wind up showing what the season will actually look like.
Yeah, most teams don't seem to really get the car dialed in and where they want it for at least a few races.

I'm a big Hamilton fan, and was happy to see him win and Vettel not dominate, however my favorite of last year and this year is Magnussen, he seems promising and I hope he places well this year.
Old 03-11-2015, 02:36 PM   #7 (permalink)
Nerd

That is a good point. I'm really hoping Ricciardo has a good year, he's just so much fun to watch.
Old 03-11-2015, 10:21 PM   #8 (permalink)
Post Whore

been to all indy f1 race but one. will be up for this race.
Old 03-12-2015, 12:51 PM   #9 (permalink)
MCB Member

Hamilton is a lot better now that he's matured and settled in. I just can't really become a fan though since I remember how many stupid risks and cocky moves he was making in his first season. He seemed to have WAY too much attitude for my liking. I was cheering for Rosberg last year.

I've been a Williams fan for years (may have started before Villeneuve, but may have been because of Villeneuve) and Massa, so I hope they do well as well.

Does Magnussen have a drive this season?
CrowsFeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 02:41 PM   #10 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

PPS Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowsFeast View Post
Hamilton is a lot better now that he's matured and settled in. I just can't really become a fan though since I remember how many stupid risks and cocky moves he was making in his first season. He seemed to have WAY too much attitude for my liking. I was cheering for Rosberg last year.

I've been a Williams fan for years (may have started before Villeneuve, but may have been because of Villeneuve) and Massa, so I hope they do well as well.

Does Magnussen have a drive this season?
Magnussen is the reserve driver for Mclaren so he'll be racing until Alonso is back which may be in Malaysia.

Those stupid risks and cocky moves are why I like Hamilton! F1 has far too many boring races and boring drivers, its nice to see someone attempt to pass another car for once. I'm digging Ricciardo these days, he made several people (especially Vettel) look like fools with some ridiculous passes last year.

Anyone going to Austin this year? I'm thinking about heading down there again, I've been once and it was an absolute blast. Great atmosphere and those cars are unbelievable in person. TV just doesn't do it justice.

My Feedback!
ajohnson677 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat