mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   General Chat (https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/general-chat/)
-   -   Las Vegas Shooting (https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/general-chat/304600-las-vegas-shooting.html)

Jebus 10-02-2017 09:33 AM

Las Vegas Shooting

Just unbelievable. I can't imagine what drives someone to commit such a cowardly act.

What we know about the Las Vegas shooting - CNN

blitz121 10-02-2017 09:39 AM

Just terrible, hoping that all of our MCBers in Vegas are safe. I just don't understand the world anymore.

paintzapper 10-02-2017 09:48 AM

When can we actually start calling this crap terrorism? I know it mainly used to describe similar actions to promote a political stand, but aren't these people inciting terror upon innocent people? That to me sounds like what a terrorist does. No need to be "politically correct," they are what they are, a sick and evil pos terrorist.

Doesn't matter what their political stance or motive was and the title "shooter" that everyone uses does not fit the actual crime. It's almost like these sickos just want their name on a list and people to report about them.

Painthappy 10-02-2017 09:58 AM

It is nuts. Don't know much about the details yet...

dano_____ 10-02-2017 10:00 AM

This is terrible and my heart goes out to the victims and their families. Las Vegas is a favorite spot of my wife and I to visit and this hits close to home.

I have a feeling this is going to push some changes along the lines of gun control. Hearing the sound of his weapons firing I don't think it was a true full auto, it sounded an awful lot like the echo triggers for ARs that fire on the pull and release of the trigger. Totally legal without the need for any NFA stamps that go along with class 3 weapons. I enjoy shooting as much if not more than most, but even I admit that I could get along fine without having high cap mags and trigger enhancements like the echo.

Riot 10-02-2017 10:16 AM

I'm heading to Vegas in two days. I woke up with my phone blown up from people checking in on me. Luckily, still in Utah as of now.

theangrydragon 10-02-2017 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paintzapper (Post 3421121)
When can we actually start calling this crap terrorism? I know it mainly used to describe similar actions to promote a political stand, but aren't these people inciting terror upon innocent people? That to me sounds like what a terrorist does. No need to be "politically correct," they are what they are, a sick and evil pos terrorist.

If you call it terrorism you legitimize or at least make reality the cause that the sicko wants to prop up.

Anyone of any stripe (political, ethnic, religious, etc.) that would perpetrate an act like this is evil. They are not right in the head, and as soon as people politicize it they start assigning rational reasoning to a person that had no rational reason to do what they did. And it can further radicalize or empower a fringe movement or thought process.

They create terror so by definition a terrorist, but terrorists are often linked to an ideology. When you recognize that the ideology it only gets stronger and more dangerous.

Not saying to put your head in the sand, but i just don't think there is a solution. These acts of violence committed by crazy people have been perpetrated on American soil since the dawn of the country https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bath_School_disaster is a noted deadly attack that killed 44 people almost 90 years ago.

When you go looking for a solution it means taking away rights for security. Unfortunately both political sides use these incidents to take away rights. While it may work in other countries its not the American way.(anyone see the No Reservations last night about Singapore?)

DPrekel 10-02-2017 11:13 AM

Hearts go out for the victims and family.

Stay away from the political crap rants and comments and support the family/friends of the victims.

Mar 10-02-2017 11:16 AM

Why the **** are we talking about what to call it? What name to file this horrible act under? The bodies aren't even in the ground yet. Have some class and recognize the privilege that you have of being able to sit here and discuss semantics instead of having to bury someone. Save it for another time.

This is a tragedy, another horrible loss of life for no reason any of us will ever understand. My deepest condolence to anyone impacted by this, and my sincerest admiration for the rave men and women that ran towards the sound of gunfire, ending the horror and tending to the victims.

Rusty Brass 10-02-2017 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paintzapper (Post 3421121)
When can we actually start calling this crap terrorism?

Pretty sure the county sheriff already did. Hard to call it anything else.
Not to be all doom and gloom but it feels like we're just at the beginning of a "high score" era. There are a lot of unstable/detached/psychotically enraged people out there and they seem determined to spread their suffering and claim posthumous trophies. The media spectacle aspect of these events will continue to spawn copycats at faster and faster rates.
Large crowds have made me nervous for years, it sucks realizing I'm already marking cover and exits as I enter venues.