mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 04-30-2018, 01:05 AM   #11 (permalink)
Never Productive

[QUOTE=YBBPI;3480186]Child Gamorah in the Water Temple might be Death in disguise.[QUOTE]

I like that.
I personally feel that everything after the snap is happening through the reality stone. Everyone thinks everyone else is disintegrating, but it is just an altered reality.

The Clams down in Clamville
All scootered and skittled-
"The three is no more"
The Clam fiddler fiddled.
Clam-I-Am is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 10:12 AM   #12 (permalink)
MCB Member

Brass and Wood Fan
The producers have actually come out and said that Death doesn't exist in this version of the Marvel universe. They felt that she would be another undeveloped character and that they really didn't want to get into the whole Thanos loving death storyline.
Old 04-30-2018, 10:29 PM   #13 (permalink)

I gave it an 8.5/10

The only death I was surprised by was one that actually didn't happen. I went into the movie fully expecting either Cap or Stark to die.

I've seen a lot of reviews bashing the scene in which Thanos sacrificed Gamora to obtain the Soul Stone but I thought it was remarkable.

The Vision/Scarlet Witch storyline was agonizing to watch though. They didn't really do a great job of explaining why they needed to hold the army at bay while Shuri tried to extract the stone from Vision.

Thor's character development from Ragnarok and Infinity War has been amazing.
Boathouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 01:33 PM   #14 (permalink)
Mar
Carter's wife's boyfriend

Brass and Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
The scope of the losses we saw are telling me that there's no way they're permanent - especially considering that some of them still have movies of their own slated to come out. I suspect that the solution to this problem lies within the soul stone itself. I also have a suspicion that Ant-Man may play a part in the next movie to undo the damage done by entering the quantum realm inside the stone and somehow reverse its effects.
Dr. Strange: I went to eight billion other universes and we only won once.

Dr. Strange: Take the stone, spare his life

Dr. Strange: Tony: it was the only way
Mar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 01:45 PM   #15 (permalink)
MCB Member

Brass and Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar View Post
Dr. Strange: I went to eight billion other universes and we only won once.

Dr. Strange: Take the stone, spare his life

Dr. Strange: Tony: it was the only way
I think you're right. If we go by canon, Iron Man actually wielded the Infinity Gauntlet in the comics. So, by putting Thanos into a position where he spares Iron Man's life, Tony gets to live to fight another day (and possibly undo the damage done by the finger snap). Lose the battle, win the war.
Old 05-01-2018, 02:43 PM   #16 (permalink)
Hug Supplier

Am I the only one not completely blown away by this movie? To me it seems as if it was a bit too rushed or too jam packed and jumped around a lot, like don't get me wrong it was a good solid movie but it seemed like they felt rushed to reach the end of a 10 year build up, like I figure the extended cut will be what 3 1/2 hours long why not break Thanos acquiring the Infitiy Gems across a three film deal and call it the Thanos Trilogy,. Like let's say they take the Guardians and Thor plot and make that film ending with the soul gem, then make the second featuring Iron Man and Spidey ending with the Time Gem, and then the third film Captain America ending with the final snap, it seems as if it would lay down a lot more groundwork for the build up to the snap and make the deaths more meaningful plus I'd like to see more of the opening scene with Hulk smashing more and I'd like to see the Reality Gem get acquired
Old 05-02-2018, 12:24 AM   #17 (permalink)
Deplorable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha_q_up View Post
I'd like to see more of the opening scene with Hulk smashing more and I'd like to see the Reality Gem get acquired
even-though i didn't know this was a two-part movie, i agree with that ^^

it easily could've been a trilogy

past & present https://www.freewebs.com/non-inflammable/

my feedback: https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html

Barrack Hussein Obama: The biggest fraud ever perpetrated upon the American people

freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 01:38 AM   #18 (permalink)

But we kind of did see how he got it. He altered reality to replay what he was doing before the GOTG got there.

I think a trilogy is out of the question because of contractual agreements on how many movies each actor will be in and contract renewals.
You can consider the first avengers movie as IW 0, if you really want a Trilogy.
Age of Ultron was inconsequential, nobody cares about Vision and it was a weak set up for Civil war.
Winter Soldier and Civil War had pretty much nothing to do with the infinity stones.

Atleast it doesn't suffer from lazy writing like in Harry Potter where they destroyed all the horcruxes in the last book. Dumbledore knew about them and didn't do diddly for a jillion years.
Whereas in MCU, everyone knows about the stones and know that it's a good idea to keep them far apart and that they're too valuable to destroy, if it's even possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boathouse View Post
Thor's character development from Ragnarok and Infinity War has been amazing.
Agree on Thor. He was a boring turd in the first 2 movies, they let him do a lot of adlibbing in Thor 3.
It's a nice improvement like how RDJ made Tony Stark more likeable than his original comic versions.
It's a shame they didn't have Thor tell everyone to back off, so he can go full nuclear on those aliens and one-shot Proxima Midnight, Cull Obsidian, and Corvus Glaive.

MCB Feedback
YBBPI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 02:54 AM   #19 (permalink)

really? nobodys gonna say it?

Im sorry, they couldnt come up with a better large scale battle at the end so they had to straight up copy the one from Phantom menace (ep 1)? even down to the shield cape colors and troop locations. Hell I expected jarjar to hop outta the hulk buster armor at one point.
hostiletek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 03:41 AM   #20 (permalink)
MCB Member

Lol, I mean invaders streaming through broken defenses is pretty much a staple of any kind of mythological story. You could just as easily say the same thing about the Battle of Helm's Deep, the Battle of Hoth, or the machines invading Zion.

As for the color, it's basic color theory. Blue is associated with faith, truth, and protection which is why energy shields across all sorts of media are blue.

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat