mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old Yesterday, 07:11 PM   #101 (permalink)
For Your Health

PPS Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by William the Third View Post
No idea why it took so long for someone to mention The Room, but this is a must watch. It's so bad that it's actually good. Also make sure to watch The Disaster Artist, which is the story of how The Room came to be. I have a lot of respect for Tommy Wiseau, and see him as one of my idols.
I've not only watched the room, I've watched it multiple times, and have tried studying the movie in detail.

Example, I think they only say Lisa's mothers name once in the whole film.

My favorite fun fact: the entire story takes place over only 7-8 days (it's a bit foggy) but the dialogue has all the details to place it around a week.

I think my favorite non main character is that counsellor guy Peter. Him and the mom are the only good actors in that whole movie. That being said, the rooftop scene with Denny is amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GanonsGrin View Post
Did you create an account on here JUST to talk about your fascination with Britney Spears, or do you play paintball on the side as well?
Wabaanimkii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:51 PM   #102 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GanonsGrin View Post
Sherlock Holmes’ Smarter Brother

Or anything else by Mel Brooks
yes mel brooks stuff is good but can not remake it anymore also fact not sure how this would go over if media blitz them movies beside spaceball
Old Yesterday, 10:13 PM   #103 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by William the Third View Post
No idea why it took so long for someone to mention The Room, but this is a must watch. It's so bad that it's actually good. Also make sure to watch The Disaster Artist, which is the story of how The Room came to be. I have a lot of respect for Tommy Wiseau, and see him as one of my idols.
You must be his financier if you look up to him that much lmao.

Talk about weird videos look up roomy wiseau’s “audition” for the joker. You might need a diaper cause you’ll pee from laughing.
d2thearkangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:33 PM   #104 (permalink)
Mad Science of Paintball

Mom and Dad Save The Universe. John Lovitz, screwball comedy. A major plot device is a hand grenade that makes people disappear when they pick it up. It's fiendishly engraved with the legend "Pick Me Up" on it. The opposing army is so stupid a single grenade stops them in their tracks and decimates their ranks.

Ninja Wars! Old kung-fu movie parody. features the longest completely-underwater battle scene ever filmed... from shore.

Moontrap. Walter "Chekov" Koenig without his pseudo-russian accent (which is weird enough) battles ancient aliens on the moon. It's actually low-budget terrible, and not the fun kind of terrible. It's just plain bad.

For quasi-Python fans, there's Clockwise. John Cleese is a British school headmaster who is extremely punctual- who of course goes on a screwball side trip where everything goes wrong and he's constantly being delayed. Not "Airplane" screwball, but more "decent Python sketch" screwball.

Darkstar- A spaceship on an interstellar mission to blow up a series of planets. Eventually they have to try and convince one of their artificially intelligent bombs not to explode, because they can't jetission it.

Red Rock West: Pre-crazy Nic Cage, Dennis Hopper. Cage is down on his luck, offered a job, finds out it's as a hitman.

Saturn-3. Kirk Douglas and Farrah Fawcett-Majors. A bad sci-fi with Harvey Kaitel as the bad guy, along with a 7-foot-tall robot on an isolated moon of Saturn. It has it's moments, but it's not good.

Steel Dawn. A cross between Mad Max and Conan, with Patrick Swayze.

And of course Star Crash! A low-budget hastily-done sci-fi space opera rushed out just after the original Star Wars came out, to take advantage of all the hype. A genuinely terrible movie, but has a few moments- like the big evil battle station is in the form of a giant hand. And "battle configuration" is to... close like a fist. It doesn't punch anything, it just closes- and so the attacking good guys have to do their version of a "trench run" through the middle of the fingers.

Oh, and the good guys are loaded into ships that look like torpedoes... that crash through the windows of the fist-ship, land, and they all pop out and start shooting. As in no space suits.

Doc.
The Definitive Guide to Paintball in the Movies!
DocsMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:37 AM   #105 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by d2thearkangel View Post
You must be his financier if you look up to him that much lmao.
I wish I had a bottomless bank account. But seriously, Tommy is just fscking awesome. He doesn't let people telling him he can't do something, or a complete lack of acting/writing talent keep him from doing what he loves. He just does his own thing, and doesn't give a frak. Inspirational really. The fact that he's a complete oddball just makes him that much more awesome.
William the Third is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:56 PM   #106 (permalink)
random probability waves

Brass and Wood Fan
mom and dad save the world is a good suggestion . . . here is a pic to entice people to see it

TANSTAAFL
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteekay
I agree with Don.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DashHopes
OMG boobs, beers and Chad Thompson. Nothing could be better.
he doesn't like the salad . . . it reminds him of death
Bored383 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat