mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 08-20-2019, 11:17 AM   #11 (permalink)
Grumpy Lurker

My in laws got a 30ish foot RV last year. We're going glamping with them this weekend. Should be interesting.

Personally I love tent camping and backpacking, but getting the wife on board with that is going to take a lot of work...

I think I could get sucked really deep down the overlanding rabbit hole if I'm not careful. Those teardrop adventure trailers look slick as hell. I'm not a fan of the rooftop tent thing.
Fred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 11:41 AM   #12 (permalink)
Previously blasdgag

We're full time RV'ing right now in a 38 ft bunkhouse Jayco Eagle. Loving it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred View Post
Personally I love tent camping and backpacking, but getting the wife on board with that is going to take a lot of work....
This exactly. I used to backpack multiple days at a time, very minimalist. But now with the wife and kids, haven't been for quite awhile. I'm just biding my time till my boys are a little older, and we'll do some farther/son backpacking trips
Rainmaker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 11:39 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred View Post
My in laws got a 30ish foot RV last year. We're going glamping with them this weekend. Should be interesting.

Personally I love tent camping and backpacking, but getting the wife on board with that is going to take a lot of work...

I think I could get sucked really deep down the overlanding rabbit hole if I'm not careful. Those teardrop adventure trailers look slick as hell. I'm not a fan of the rooftop tent thing.
cant tent camp anymore (old and semi handicapped) yes and wife loves all the amenities lol
Old 08-21-2019, 01:33 PM   #14 (permalink)
Trails Of Doom

I did it for years with my ex's family. We had quite the caravan. Big diesel pusher with a 30 foot trailer to hold our horses and carriage. I would drive the diesel F350 with another trailer with our motorcycles/golf cart/off road toys. We camped a ton around the country. Fun times, just a killer when it was time to fuel up. ($350 for a full tank of fuel on average)

But, we had a ton of fun.

Get one with slides if possible. More the better. We had a quad slide. It was easy to have all 6 of us in it without feeling very cramped. We also had the indoor and outdoor kitchen.
FreeEnterprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 02:22 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeEnterprise View Post
I did it for years with my ex's family. We had quite the caravan. Big diesel pusher with a 30 foot trailer to hold our horses and carriage. I would drive the diesel F350 with another trailer with our motorcycles/golf cart/off road toys. We camped a ton around the country. Fun times, just a killer when it was time to fuel up. ($350 for a full tank of fuel on average)

But, we had a ton of fun.

Get one with slides if possible. More the better. We had a quad slide. It was easy to have all 6 of us in it without feeling very cramped. We also had the indoor and outdoor kitchen.
we have a 24' bunkhouse with one slide....dying to upgrade tho lol
Old 08-22-2019, 10:50 AM   #16 (permalink)
Trails Of Doom

My ex brother in law has a bunkhouse pull behind and he loves it. Works great with his 4 kids. And he can pull it with his GMC Suburban.

Camping is fun, just ridiculous how much pricing has changed over the years for a spot. When I was a kid I always camped with my grandparents. Now the same sites they would pay $5 for a day back then on the beach are $75 a night... You can just about get a hotel for the cost of the site!
FreeEnterprise is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat