mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 08-02-2008, 01:47 AM   #21 (permalink)
Let's Go Mountaineers!

Send a message via MSN to SHOOT3R USA

Well I have half of PbN ST believing that Xenu is doing this....

MCB Feedback

Harb: SHOOT3R is genetically predisposed to be an idiot
Harb: he saves most of the idiocy for in here
SHOOT3R: so i was butt naked in this corn field right?
SHOOT3R USA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 11:09 AM   #22 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to ThePixelGuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sly1 View Post
its the "don't know what's gona happen" bit that scares the **** out of me..
We've had particle accelerators for a while and the planet is still here - all we're doing by making this bigger one is upping an infinitesimally small chance to a minutely less infinitesimally small chance. Odds are nothing bad is going to happen, and even if it did it probably wouldn't happen the first time the thing was turned on.

Of course, you can take comfort in the fact that if anything goes wrong you'll never know.
Old 08-02-2008, 11:20 AM   #23 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Site is down? Maybe an intern decided to start the thing beforehand and *poof*
Old 08-02-2008, 11:29 AM   #24 (permalink)
Slowly making progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by thkyle View Post
It takes a stream of protons and accelerates them to nearly the speed of light, and slams it into another stream of protons going nearly the speed of light in the opposite direction.

They spent billions of dollars to do this!!

Each stream of protons has energy of an aircraft carrier going full tilt slamming into another aircraft carrier going full tilt, but focused into a point smaller than the diameter of a human hair.

The guy on the science channel last night said that it releases an ENORMOUS amount of energy, and then he said "but no one really knows what it is going to do!!!!"

The reason they have gone to all this trouble is to prove a theory called the Higgs field or the Higgs boson. They believe that it is a particle with immense mass that function to give mass to the other particles in an atom. The math involved declares that these particles have no mass, which they also know can't be true.

As the dude on the science channel said.........with a Liverpool accent........."we don't know what makes stuff, stuff!!

Some people think that it could form black hole or a "strangelet." Most don't think there isn't any danger...........but they really don't know for sure.

So if you have any money in a Swiss bank, you might want to transfer it to the Cayman Islands before the end of next week!

I just love this "stuff!" But for philosophical/religious reason. For example, another name scientists have given to the Higgs boson is the "God particle."

Everything in your room around you is made up of the same particles, but no one knows why some becomes one form of "stuff" and the same particles become other "stuff." Way too cool.
Caught that on discovery yesterday. Watched the whole thing and was slightly relieved when he said it probably wouldn't end the world. I would be pretty sad if I spent so much time on this, and was almost certain that the best chance I had at seeing what I was looking for involved leftover traces.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar View Post
I really like the picture posts, because I don't understand most of the word posts.
desertT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 02:34 PM   #25 (permalink)

Yup, it's probably not going to end the world. With the technology that we have at the moment, to start testing string theory would take an accelerator the size of the galaxy................but heck what's a better reason to raise taxes anyway!
thkyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 12:13 AM   #26 (permalink)
Bruins World Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by thkyle View Post
Yup, it's probably not going to end the world. With the technology that we have at the moment, to start testing string theory would take an accelerator the size of the galaxy................but heck what's a better reason to raise taxes anyway!
SEE!
Seconded. Hence forth this is to be the official nomenclature of marker sales. Violators will be violated.
StJimmy666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 12:22 AM   #27 (permalink)
(V) (o,,,o) (V) WOOP WOOP

It worries me that the potential to destroy humanity really doesnt make them think 'maybe we should just leave it alone.'
Old 08-03-2008, 12:31 AM   #28 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by foughtwolf View Post
It worries me that the potential to destroy humanity really doesnt make them think 'maybe we should just leave it alone.'
it didn't stop them the first time (nukes)

pile of poo, HARD MODE, automag pistol---S.P.E.W.II---What if this hurts me?---No, I'M sorry.---Semiautomatic Nelspot 007!---Decay of Nations 4
Camp Pendleton meetup 2010---Watch me fail at pump!---Clareball 2010 vid!---MCB Stock Class Meet!---HELMETCAM!
Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcandy1993 View Post
Before the first day Velcor said let there be Heinous and it was true. And then Heinous said "Let there be God" and it was true. And it was good
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 12:32 AM   #29 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

CCM Fan
would you not rather see them spend billions to see if frogs fart while under the water?
https://www.pballcentral.com/
https://www.mppgames.com/

https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Milkshake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 12:34 AM   #30 (permalink)
MCB Member

I'd rather they spend billions to see if GIRLS fart.

pile of poo, HARD MODE, automag pistol---S.P.E.W.II---What if this hurts me?---No, I'M sorry.---Semiautomatic Nelspot 007!---Decay of Nations 4
Camp Pendleton meetup 2010---Watch me fail at pump!---Clareball 2010 vid!---MCB Stock Class Meet!---HELMETCAM!
Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcandy1993 View Post
Before the first day Velcor said let there be Heinous and it was true. And then Heinous said "Let there be God" and it was true. And it was good
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat