mcarterbrown.com  

Old 12-11-2019, 05:03 PM   #11 (permalink)
Skeet Surfer!

Brass and Wood Fan
Side cover $20
Rear cocking knob and cage $20
Mitey max $30-$40
Lightning bolt $20
Aka valve $50
Frame $50 (if it is a confirmed Lab)
Body $5-$10
Lab Asa $10-$15
Lapco VASA $10-$15
Wgp stock reg $10

If sold altogether, probably $150-$175

“Life is full of meetings and partings. That is the way of it.”

Ganon's Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by DashHopes View Post
Welcome back buddy! And GanonsGrin is your brother? He is the devil

Last edited by GanonsGrin; 12-11-2019 at 05:23 PM.
GanonsGrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 06:45 PM   #12 (permalink)
Class Clown

I was at work when I checked this earlier. Now that I am home, I'm looking at the frame a little more. So hard to identify. I'm holding up a double finger Benchmark frame to your pics as we speak. It looks pretty close, but just a tiny bit off. Benchmark did have some frames without the name milled into them. But the safety is different than you'd find on a Benchy frame. The anno is more akin to Diamond Labs as well, and the bottom most finger bumpout is slightly different from the Benchmark - this could just be the pic though. I'll dig up my Diamond Lab Spyder tonight and see how the frame matches this one.

Also, is that a Diamond Labs ASA on there?

My feedback
scottieb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 07:18 PM   #13 (permalink)

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
I had a similar spyder with AKA parts that I sold on eBay last year. Originally listed for $225 and it sat for a while; eventually I accepted a best offer for $175. It did not have an AKA valve, and had a dye double trigger frame.
Bubkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 10:24 PM   #14 (permalink)
Unlucky Tinkerer

Ok so the right valve assembly is what I pulled from the body and the one on the left was in the parts box. The right one has larger holes and more of the body hollowed out. But I thought the AKA valves had the weird looking cup seal things. So is this an AKA valve or some other low pressure valve?

Old 12-12-2019, 12:33 AM   #15 (permalink)
Blowback Throwback

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottieb View Post
I was at work when I checked this earlier. Now that I am home, I'm looking at the frame a little more. So hard to identify. I'm holding up a double finger Benchmark frame to your pics as we speak. It looks pretty close, but just a tiny bit off. Benchmark did have some frames without the name milled into them. But the safety is different than you'd find on a Benchy frame. The anno is more akin to Diamond Labs as well, and the bottom most finger bumpout is slightly different from the Benchmark - this could just be the pic though. I'll dig up my Diamond Lab Spyder tonight and see how the frame matches this one.

Also, is that a Diamond Labs ASA on there?
I checked my DL doubles and they don't match this. My guess is an early Benchmark double... from production before they milled their name in and added their own obnoxious version of the safety.
Old 12-12-2019, 12:33 AM   #16 (permalink)
Heart of Texas

Sweet

Need money? I buy old eclipse splash stuff..
cave_hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 07:32 AM   #17 (permalink)
Class Clown

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagmar31 View Post
Ok so the right valve assembly is what I pulled from the body and the one on the left was in the parts box. The right one has larger holes and more of the body hollowed out. But I thought the AKA valves had the weird looking cup seal things. So is this an AKA valve or some other low pressure valve?

https://i.imgur.com/z5SVudr.jpg
No wording on the valve itself? Also what do the faces of the valve look like?

As to the frame, I've to agree it's Benchmark. Diamond Lab frames have a longer back end where the frame screw is and a sharper curve line going down where the crotch of one's hand would be. They also differ in pin position having one much farther back, almost at the end of the frame. I wonder if this one's been re-anno'd.

My feedback

Last edited by scottieb; 12-12-2019 at 07:37 AM.
Old 12-12-2019, 07:44 AM   #18 (permalink)
Unlucky Tinkerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottieb View Post
No wording on the valve itself? Also what do the faces of the valve look like?

As to the frame, I've to agree it's Benchmark. Diamond Lab frames have a longer back end where the frame screw is and a sharper curve line going down where the crotch of one's hand would be. They also differ in pin position having one much farther back, almost at the end of the frame. I wonder if this one's been re-anno'd.
No wording on the valve that I can see. Valve faces here:
https://imgur.com/a/1AF82K1

Thanks for checking the frame
Old 12-12-2019, 09:13 AM   #19 (permalink)

did TASO ever make a non-hump back?

And that kind of looks like an old bruzer trigger frame.

the steep angle of the trigger guard and grip, the 2 hump trigger, and the thinner trigger guard compared to the grip.
Tarsun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 09:39 AM   #20 (permalink)
Class Clown

I see the resemblance to a Bruzer frame but this one is too close to a Benchmark to think it's anything else. That's good news as the Benchmark frames are excellent and worth more.

OP, I don't think the valve is an AKA valve. Mine have wording on them and is different on the face.

My feedback

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Kingman