mcarterbrown.com  

Mag Fed A special section just for all your magazine fed guns and projects

Old 10-27-2015, 04:46 PM   #1 (permalink)

Are Fazmags still awesome?

Hello.

I'm about to get myself another TiPX and I'm looking at Fazmags to hold my mags. A couple of years ago when I had my first TiPX, a lot of users were raving about the Fazmags. Do people still love them and how have they held up durability wise compared to just a regular molle pouch?
deadbox323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 06:11 PM   #2 (permalink)
Post Whore

For use as a primary i just love em. Cant go wrong with fazmags.
Old 10-28-2015, 12:45 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridingmac View Post
For use as a primary i just love em. Cant go wrong with fazmags.
How long have you had them? Do they seem pretty durable?
Old 10-28-2015, 01:11 PM   #4 (permalink)
Goin for it

Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
I've had mine for 2 seasons now. Use my tpx 50% of the time.

Love them.
As far as durability. I have had zero issues so far. They feel like you could literally run them over with a light truck. And they'd be fine. Only thing I see that could possibly wear out is the rubber.

Only thing I suggest is. If running zeta mags. Take that little black cap they give you,, and a short piece of string (I used elastic from an old barrel bag),,, and tie it to your rig. I cap the tops of my zetas when they are in the Faz mags. If you don't you'll loose a few balls and when you release the spring it'll slam the remaining balls into the breech (possibly breaking one). Adds a step to changing mags but they pop off easy and you don't have to worry about capping the empty mag. Or dropping the caps if they are tied. And it'll save you allot of aggervation in game.

My Feedback

Last edited by Ant Assassin; 10-28-2015 at 03:34 PM.
Ant Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 04:48 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant Assassin View Post
I've had mine for 2 seasons now. Use my tpx 50% of the time.

Love them.
As far as durability. I have had zero issues so far. They feel like you could literally run them over with a light truck. And they'd be fine. Only thing I see that could possibly wear out is the rubber.

Only thing I suggest is. If running zeta mags. Take that little black cap they give you,, and a short piece of string (I used elastic from an old barrel bag),,, and tie it to your rig. I cap the tops of my zetas when they are in the Faz mags. If you don't you'll loose a few balls and when you release the spring it'll slam the remaining balls into the breech (possibly breaking one). Adds a step to changing mags but they pop off easy and you don't have to worry about capping the empty mag. Or dropping the caps if they are tied. And it'll save you allot of aggervation in game.
Good to hear you've gotten some good use out of them! I was pretty set on getting myself some Fazmags before I had to sell my TiPX.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to use the 12 round mags this time around. I had Gen1 Zetamags and loved them. I tried out a friends Gen2 and wasn't a fan of how easy it was to release the follower. Sure my Gen1s had the spring binding issue, but I never lost any balls using them without the dust boot. I only played 2 games with his Gen2s and I think I lost 3 stacks that released prematurely lol.
Old 10-28-2015, 06:38 PM   #6 (permalink)

Using faz mag and a mix of gen 1 and gen 2 follower zeta mags since both came out. TIPX is my primary.
Only issue I have run with faz mag is they hold a bit to snugly, and the rubber strap that threads through the Molle vest will become somewhat strained after a while. Causing it to slip off the little hook that keeps it in place. I have to cycle my fazmag around my body, because ones on my chest and right side get used first/most they see the most action. And more then one time the fazmag has popped off my vest and was attached to the mag I was retrieving.
scribbleheli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 06:39 PM   #7 (permalink)
Paintball Fox

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Zeta's are now Gen3

I use fazmag but didn't play enoufh with them yet.
I had one issue wich one of the zeta kept popping out of it when running but I reconfigured my stack to be front instead on my back.

Le Renard Youtube Channel
BenoitOWN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 12:34 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scribbleheli View Post
Using faz mag and a mix of gen 1 and gen 2 follower zeta mags since both came out. TIPX is my primary.
Only issue I have run with faz mag is they hold a bit to snugly, and the rubber strap that threads through the Molle vest will become somewhat strained after a while. Causing it to slip off the little hook that keeps it in place. I have to cycle my fazmag around my body, because ones on my chest and right side get used first/most they see the most action. And more then one time the fazmag has popped off my vest and was attached to the mag I was retrieving.
Do you mean the strap starts to stretch out so it doesn't hold as well? If so, do they "tighten" back up when not in use for awhile? I was kind of wondering about that rubber strap keeping its hold.
Old 10-29-2015, 07:13 PM   #9 (permalink)

I don't really know how to explain it. Its not warn out, or stretched out. But more like deformed.

This strap, that is held on by the hook.

I believe they might return to normal after a while. Like I said, when I run into the issue where the fazmag comes off my fest when I pull a mag. I change it out with one that is less used on my body.
scribbleheli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 03:12 PM   #10 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

Any mag pouch you select should always depend on what you're using it for. For indoor, or mostly stand-up play (fields with lots of tall bunkers), I'm sure Fazmags are awesome.

For me, and playing in all types of weather and a lot of sandy fields (the NJ Pine Barrens has this black sand that is super fine and wreaks havoc on even open-class, hopper-fed guns), Fazmags are probably the last thing I'd select. When I had a TPX with open pouches and both Zetas and TruFeeds I would have a lot of trouble with crawling up to a front bunker, only to find my mags got the tiniest bit of that pesky sand in them and they'd stop feeding. I've also had issues with rain and humidity getting in there and turning the ball stack into a stick deformed mess. I'm also not a fan of a solid inch or two of plastic that doesn't collapse attached to my body. As fabric pouches get emptied they also collapse down when you bump against something. Empty FazMags won't.

So for me, the better "any situation" pouch would probably be an MP5/UMP45 mag pouch with fuller coverage. Just some things to think about before you make a decision.
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Mag Fed