mcarterbrown.com  

Mag Fed A special section just for all your magazine fed guns and projects

Old 05-10-2019, 01:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Mag Fed Setup Suggestions

So I've gotten back into playing for the first time in years and I'd like to give mag fed a go. I don't want to make a huge investment and was thinking about the Tippmann TMC. What's everyones opinion of this marker? Any other suggestions on what to get (Milsig M17 maybe)? I know Planet Eclipse is supposed to be coming out with a mag fed marker but I have no idea when or how much it'll cost so I'm basing this on what I have available at the moment. Thanks folks.
eBay
username: bacreman, 100+, 100% positive
Tdotballers.com
https://www.tdotballers.com/forums/in...&#entry1062159
Mcarterbrown.com Feedback
https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html

Last edited by 240SX; 05-10-2019 at 01:14 PM.
240SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 01:25 PM   #2 (permalink)
President Ragnastock

CCI Phantom Fan
How about picking up a used phantom and getting the MAK adapter?
Old 05-10-2019, 01:27 PM   #3 (permalink)
Chuck E Ducky

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
Wait for the PE marker its based on the EMEK and takes Dye mags. Knowing PE it will crush everything performance and cost category. Should be dropping soon. I think jack was saying sub $400 with a mag.

Or the MAK kit on a Phantom I love mine. I just wanted a reliable setup to pay mag fed so I went this route (its not my primary play style). Works great no FS with this setup tho.

Last edited by Mr Idiot Box; 05-10-2019 at 01:31 PM.
Mr Idiot Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 01:40 PM   #4 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCI Phantom Fan
I guess, the question would also be if you want to only run roundball or FS rounds? If roundball is the only thing you want to shoot, the TMC is an excellent choice to get started with. It is basically a 98 Custom with a nice magfed body kit. I had one for a bit, shot great, super reliable, 98C barrels are readily available, just not FS compatible.

I too would tout the MAK adapter for the CCI pPhntom, but as I am one of the ones who made it.... I feel my recommendation would be a lil biased I will let others speak for me. Mind you, we will have a bit of a delay here for making them due to us both being quite busy at the same time.

I imagine the MG100 will be a bit more expensive than the EMek, maybe $350? Whatever the price is, I know it will be priced correctly and worth it. Hopefully it is released in the following months.

Other things you will have to think about are mags, mag holders, vests/rigs to hold mags, attachments like a dump pouch, optics(?), tank, Mask, ect.
paintzapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 01:49 PM   #5 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Quote:
Other things you will have to think about are mags, mag holders, vests/rigs to hold mags, attachments like a dump pouch, optics(?), tank, Mask, ect.
I have everything else I'll need besides mag holders and additional mags. This isn't going to be my only setup, I still have a phantom, resurrection, ego 11, Azodin KP3, Enmey.

Quote:
How about picking up a used phantom and getting the MAK adapter?
I like to keep my phantoms stockclass. That does look like a slick setup though.
eBay
Tdotballers.com
Old 05-10-2019, 01:59 PM   #6 (permalink)
here 4 the memes

If you're not in a hurry I'd wait for the release date/pricing on the MG100. If you want something now and don't want to spend a lot, the TMC or MCS Bolt/Blizzard are good platforms. TMC is regular paint only and mags can be a bit finicky, sometimes they stop feeding mid mag, not the highest end winding mech. Bolt/Blizzard are also 98 based but will work with regular paint or fsr, they aren't as light as the TMC but the helix is a better magazine.
Old 05-10-2019, 02:06 PM   #7 (permalink)

I'd go for the TMC if you don't wanna spend lots right away. Amazing marker super reliable. I added a stright riffled barrel and got more accuracy out of it but also tin graffiti paint. Didn't have it break down on the Feild with use every weekend just about last year. Asking the air in stock gives it a better Ballance
chris-str6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 02:09 PM   #8 (permalink)
Do your best & be kind!

Kilt Club
If you want to dip your magfed toes in the water I recommend the MCS Bolt line. They're cheap, the Helix mags are solid, and they can use roundball or FSR. I have the pump version and it's been solid.
JonnyDread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 02:14 PM   #9 (permalink)
MCB Member

Brass and Wood Fan
Personally, I'd wait for the MG100 to drop before making that call. Many existing magfed markers have issues (some big, some minor depending on the gun) due to the fact that they're trying to replicate real steel first and be a paintball marker second. PE is taking the opposite approach with the MG100. It's a very versatile platform too. Even if you don't feel like playing magfed on a given day, you can convert it to a PAL enabled Emek and run it that way.
Old 05-10-2019, 02:39 PM   #10 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Quote:
PE is taking the opposite approach with the MG100. It's a very versatile platform too. Even if you don't feel like playing magfed on a given day, you can convert it to a PAL enabled Emek and run it that way.
Wow, that's a nice feature for sure.

Also to the people suggesting mag fed pump markers, I should have mentioned that I'd like to keep this a semi auto. Thanks.
eBay
Tdotballers.com

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Mag Fed