mcarterbrown.com  

New To The Sport Just started playing? Been playing for a while, but you have a question you should have asked years ago? Drop a line, we answer

Old 12-16-2007, 08:12 PM   #51 (permalink)

K guys, I made a rain cover with a PVC pipe and some Pipe covering.
It worked well with air only and I ported it so that the air would go out, It worked like a charm, To my horror when I brought it out to the field and began shooting my PGP, It began Chopping mad so then I raised my hand and told the ref I was going to put away the Silencer, FOR GOOD

Anyone got a good Idea to make a raincover For a PGP2k1
Proud owner of a Phantom!
Proud owner Of an Automag!

pinesftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 12:31 AM   #52 (permalink)
The Furry Tailed One

I will help you out i just need the following info picture of said pgp and the raincover you made as well as what the supplies actually were

for instance:
2 inch pvc pipe

3 inch pvc pipe

etc.(you won't be using this big but you can

Quote:
Originally Posted by pizzaluvr View Post
Skiddish is an Elliot Spitzer, if you will.
Most people don't know that skittish is the proper spelling for "jittery". Don't believe me... Look it up.
skiddish9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 12:32 AM   #53 (permalink)
XYZZY

Send a message via Yahoo to Jaan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealtorTommy View Post
just to add...use stainless steel wool.......
I've used Scotch Brite myself to great effect.

The designs I studied I got from a book printed by the good ol' US Army..."Rain Covers; Principals and Evaluations". Of course, that might not be the exact title I used baffles and expansion chambers for my rail cover. Alas, that was pre-9/11, I don't know if you can still get such useful information from the Army print shops anymore.

I used to use that puppy on an old square 'Cocker back in the day...I could hold the 3 way rod and squeeze off one shot without cycling, then cock it manually if I so desired.

"My happiness doesn't depend on anything. My heart is always happy. I do have anger issues though."
Jaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 11:31 AM   #54 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

The wikipedia entry on raincovers has some diagrams showing baffle construction, etc.
Suppressor - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

pinesftw - Were the balls hitting the inside of the raincover? if they weren't I don't see how it could have been causing your problem.
You do know the PGP2k1 had some issues with breaking balls due to bolt design & paint overspray on the inside of the barrel, right?
Old 12-17-2007, 11:33 AM   #55 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiddish9999 View Post
I will help you out i just need the following info picture of said pgp and the raincover you made as well as what the supplies actually were

for instance:
2 inch pvc pipe

3 inch pvc pipe

etc.(you won't be using this big but you can
sadly, I tossed the Silencer away.

Quote:
pinesftw - Were the balls hitting the inside of the raincover? if they weren't I don't see how it could have been causing your problem.
You do know the PGP2k1 had some issues with breaking balls due to bolt design & paint overspray on the inside of the barrel, right?
I took out most of the overspray, I shot the silencer 4-5 times out of a gamr after, all my paintballs broke. after that I used 100 paintballs , No breaks, My PGP doesn't chop too much anymore
Proud owner of a Phantom!
Proud owner Of an Automag!

pinesftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 08:51 PM   #56 (permalink)
Post Whore

question what type of gun you have i have phantom with dye boomstick and it very quite. people complain at times they can hear me hit them or know where shot came from. you will still hear when you shoot but people at long range will not.
chrislognshot is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » New To The Sport