mcarterbrown.com  

New To The Sport Just started playing? Been playing for a while, but you have a question you should have asked years ago? Drop a line, we answer

Old 07-31-2016, 10:07 PM   #1 (permalink)
10 round tubes for life!

Clothing articles

Heyo guys, been searching all over the net for this answer, but haven't really found any honest consensus for this, so here it goes:

Currently have V-Tac Pants, combat boots, elbow pads, GXG chest protector (I find myself crawling a lot) and a valken jersey. Normally I could take it easy and sit in the back, but since I've swapped over to pistol/pump play I'm finding myself running more, crawling a lot more (especially through thick brush), being way more active than I normally am. By the end of the day, I'm usually overheating everywhere and feel like I'm carrying a bunch of weights.

Simply put, I'm trying to figure out a way to lighten the load. Maybe swap out the boots and pants for sure (Pants are in good condition still, considering selling them) and figure out how to maximize weight with efficiency, as I still see myself crawling around a lot. Might swap out the jersey for something more breathable.

Does anyone have any recommendations on any of this stuff?
Zeren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 11:14 PM   #2 (permalink)
-

Soccer cleats, bdu's, planet eclipse knee and elbow pads, under armor undershirt and a jersey

Columbia makes those breathable Pgf long sleeves for drinking/fishing as well
Nice shirts that really help with the heat, but you'll rip them

Last edited by Dat Boi; 07-31-2016 at 11:17 PM.
Dat Boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 03:12 AM   #3 (permalink)
Daddy

Fan of EMR
Short sleeves and paintball pants.

My MCB Feedback:
https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/...-feedback.html

Magic Card Sale/Trade:
https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/...ollection.html

WTB Thread (Markers, parts, other) updated 12/26/18
https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/...ml#post3545757

Riot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 06:58 AM   #4 (permalink)
Post Whore

Shorts, T-shirt, Hawaiian.
Prepaid Lenin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 07:32 AM   #5 (permalink)
Freelance Aphorist

CCM Fan
I'd ditch the chest protector. Valken makes (or used to make) a breathable mesh jersey in all the colors of the camo rainbow. I bet that one of those plus elbow pads would be just fine for your needs.
Old 08-01-2016, 08:09 PM   #6 (permalink)
10 round tubes for life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prepaid Lenin View Post
Shorts, T-shirt, Hawaiian.
Can't go wrong with hawaiian :P

If I did go with shorts, I'd likely need some kind of wrapping around my leg due to the aforementioned crawling and such.

As for shoes, I'm still trying to figure it out. Cleats might work for Speedball, but I'm primarily a woodsballer, so the cleats would get ruined pretty quickly.
Zeren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 08:25 PM   #7 (permalink)
Stock class=the only way

I play in cleats and I play mostly woods ball never had a problem there's just no ankle support, and did I mention their $200 cleats as well and have held up for years of abuse, as far as being hot, any padding will be hot, I use only elbow forearm pads and they are hot, jeans and a t shirt or tank top, no need for all the fancy paintball clothing unless your a tourney player, a good breathable mask will help keep you cool as well, any head gear will not help either as most of your body heat escapes from your head

STOCK CLASS-the Jedi way of paintball
psycho91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 02:56 PM   #8 (permalink)
Post Whore

I am slightly still overweight(but have dropped 50 lbs so far...yeah me) and have always sweat profusely. To this end I have also been looking to lighten my playing gear and clothing...

Short sleeve cooling shirt ... UA or any moisture wicking type cooling shirt if you look they also come in CAMO choices...

Paintball Forearm pads of your choice

CAMO shorts of your choice I prefer something knee length+ with ties

Compression pants of the running/cooling variety these also come in CAMO choices if you look

Knee shin pads - look into the G-Form stuff or similar

Trail Running boots/shoes they are super breathable and work great in the woods or on the grass - Salomon or similar

As for your gear pump/stock class - gauntlet or similar and can be worn over the forearm pads

Pistol - battle belt with or without an h-harness or a custom bandolier
For most rec games this should be enough room to carry you through if you find you need a reload even a single pursuit pod can refill most people's full mag loadout.

Or. Look into something truly custom from pbtailor(Facebook) or the like

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCMachinist View Post
When I started doing shells for my revolvers the apparent thing i noticed was the hole size in the cartridge controlled the velocity of my paint.
TL;DR hole size controls how fast balls get spent
EL17E 76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 03:57 PM   #9 (permalink)
MCB Member

Here's a failure on my part;

Large fitting Duluth fire hose shorts. The idea was that they would take a hit, being baggy and thick, while being cooler. First problem was mosquitoes chewing on my legs. Next was dried mud, wet mud, rocks, cactus, briars, bunker splinters, etc. Then there is the sun that I don't need anymore on my lower legs. So, sunscreen, insect repellent, and kneepads. The rough material is no fun when you get sweaty. I went back to my DBD pants. I usually wear a long sleeve jersey for the same reasons. In the winter, it is usually cold enough that I want long sleeves anyway, so my winter t-shirt days are few.

Oh, other clothing failure, white t-shirt with a big red heart on it is not for stalking. I know white in general is a bad idea, but I forgot to care until I got tagged on a long shot by a newb right in the middle of my red heart. I looked down and noticed my shirt before I saw the paint. Doh!

some things are stickier than others
Spider! is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 04:37 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL17E 76 View Post
Trail Running boots/shoes they are super breathable and work great in the woods or on the grass - Salomon or similar
Came here specifically to recommend this. Tried cleats, they're just too unstable for me, especially on hard ground/roots/woods, you risk rolling an ankle or something.

I bought these, super comfy, breathable and light, with an aggressive enough tread to work on pretty much every surface:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » New To The Sport