mcarterbrown.com  

New To The Sport Just started playing? Been playing for a while, but you have a question you should have asked years ago? Drop a line, we answer

Old 12-01-2016, 04:24 PM   #1 (permalink)

Hide your old stuff ...

after about a 10 year break, my buddy found some old videos of us playing and put them on facebook. My daughters where like "whats up dad?" i then showed them my trophies and stuff - now they are like "we gotta do this!". So now i have to equip 3 girls myself and possibly the wife, because they don't just want to play out in the woods. After watching NXL and old NPPL videos on youtube they want to shoot boys in tournaments now! I have a buddy giving me a old bag with an eblade, and an old MiniMag. we are going to start off locally as a CO2 Crew to keep the cost down (if I go HPA, i will buy a compressor). we will see how this goes, it is more of a challenge to my coaching skills than then actual game. My biggest issue are masks. my 16 and 13 year old are good with whatever, but my 10yr old snake player is in a smallish format. we are 2 hours from a field/shop, but we have a nice place to put in 3 or 4 airfield if needed. Are there any goggle/mask measurements by hat size so i can take a good guess?
VM-68, Mags (Auto & Mini), Autococker ('99 FX Half Block, '99FX Full, '00 Custom Build, '01 Custom Build, '02 STO Eblade, '04 Xonik, & '05 ProStock), Angels (LED, Dye LCD, Adrenalin LCD, & Speed), Impulse, '02 Bushmater, Gameface Recon E5 (2), System-X NME, Lucky ION, PMR and i am sure more will come!
cynikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 04:47 PM   #2 (permalink)
Voted most ball-fondliest

All masks have adjustable headstraps, and are generally designed to be "one size fits all".... The only consensus I've seen as far as protection/coverage is -

small head=Dye i4
large head=JT Proflex

That being said, I have a giant melon head, and while I prefer the JT, I can still wear the i4. It just leaves my forehead, jawline, and earlobes exposed. But taking everyone to the proshop for a test fit is by far the best option. Comfort will be entirely subjective.

EDIT: This is a great resource from a member here, https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/d...ns-beware.html
Stuff for sale: Anti-rollout fingers
My feedback: MCB / eBay

Last edited by freedummy; 12-01-2016 at 04:53 PM.
freedummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 05:05 PM   #3 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedummy View Post
earlobes exposed
Ow! It's been many years since I was tagged in an ear. Head wraps are good for little exposed bits (like a neck).

some things are stickier than others
Spider! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 09:25 AM   #4 (permalink)

Yeah, I am more worried about face protection, and the curve of their head for a solid fit. The profit with the double strap looks promising. My favorite was the profiler for myself.
VM-68, Mags (Auto & Mini), Autococker ('99 FX Half Block, '99FX Full, '00 Custom Build, '01 Custom Build, '02 STO Eblade, '04 Xonik, & '05 ProStock), Angels (LED, Dye LCD, Adrenalin LCD, & Speed), Impulse, '02 Bushmater, Gameface Recon E5 (2), System-X NME, Lucky ION, PMR and i am sure more will come!
Old 12-05-2016, 04:07 PM   #5 (permalink)
pump master

Send a message via Yahoo to bsniper

CCM Fan
check out jt and events for masks

I would look into older jt mask only cause they are a thin face design not like a santa design you know how most old men get fat checks double and triple chin
now they have body armor too it's like a flack vest for a cop knee pads elbow pads man it must be nice now days lol I remember going out in just a tee shirt bright red camo pants and my gun when all you had were 10 rd tubes but if you need some paint pods that I have and will never use at a dollar each and if you like too start them out at a slower pace check into pump guns phantoms are a great gun and very light weight maybe 2 lbs vs autocockers at 5 to 8 lbs
and if your in fla we play a lot of 24 hr games and it's family ort check out team triggerhappy

https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...tml#post534580
www.teamtriggerhappy.com
https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...tml#post255333

this is old feedback 255333 before i lost everthing on my old computer)
new feedback = 1
old feedback = 5
bsniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 03:55 PM   #6 (permalink)

some of that new body protection looks good, all i had seen in the past is those plastic body panels. just ordered 3 packs (3+4) and tubes last weekend - cheap but good enough. a buddy of mine were talking and he said that he has a old gear bag from that day with my old Free Flow E-Blade (now we're talking), 2 minimags, and misc stuff. he'll just drop it off to me next time he swings thru town. now, i am getting excited.
Old 01-11-2017, 09:22 AM   #7 (permalink)
wookie in a mask

Send a message via Yahoo to p8ntballr68059

PPS Fan
The virtue vio and hk klr are pretty small as well. We have a 11 year old at our field that wears the i4. The sly goggle is small but can be hard to hear out of. I wear mine when I play in the woods and need to be sneaky sneaky.

What are you considering for markers for the girls. I would personally get the gog enmey to start them out to see if they even like it. This eay you buy 4 for the cost of a little more than one mid level electro.

p8ntballr68059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 10:24 PM   #8 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Empire Helix (the oldish one with more mouth holes to breathe through) with thermal lens

VERY PROTECTIVE

If you're lucky/persistent/patient you can nab them on eBay for $20-$25 free shipping as I have
Very wide field of view too

If the strap stretches over time, double up on hats/beanies/hoodies to take up the slack

And if you look hard enough you can find a microfiber protective bag to throw them in
But microfiber bags are hard to find
Pittsburgh Stinkbugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 10:27 PM   #9 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

This one however is hard to breathe through

notice the subtle difference:
Pittsburgh Stinkbugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 11:38 AM   #10 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to Cunha Send a message via MSN to Cunha Send a message via Yahoo to Cunha

Something with a jt elite or v force armor type lens is good for small head.

PSA: To post direct images when using imgur or other hosting site, copy the "direct link" url in between these image tags [img]yoururlhere[/img]
Cunha is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » New To The Sport