mcarterbrown.com  

New To The Sport Just started playing? Been playing for a while, but you have a question you should have asked years ago? Drop a line, we answer

Old 03-13-2017, 08:46 PM   #11 (permalink)

I will probably get into pump also eventually but my abilities aren't what they used to be and the only field around me that I know of isn't really a good setup for pump. The rentals are even electros and more of a fast paced design to the fields. I will try pump soon though, always been an intriguing aspect that I haven't ever tried. How are those axis in pumps. I have never heard of the company before and they seem like a budget minded company but I don't know
Random Name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 11:57 PM   #12 (permalink)
Welcome home

Kilt Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Name View Post
I will probably get into pump also eventually but my abilities aren't what they used to be and the only field around me that I know of isn't really a good setup for pump.
I bet the field is just fine for pumps, it's you that's unsure

Pump is intimidating to get into, but once you suck a few times you'll be good.
Old 03-14-2017, 06:13 AM   #13 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

I remember going with the flow of the electro arms race and getting the latest and greatest.i got bored with it as well. We went to play a game one day and my gun wasn't working. I used a friends pump that day. I had a blast. That's when I got hooked on pumps. I started out with throwing a pump kit on my ANS GX4. I eventually moved to stock class. I mostly play with my pgp. Now I'm contemplating getting another pgp and turning it into a single shot. When I lived in an area that had speed ball fields, i would prefer to play on those. You can sneak up on people because everyone isn't paying attention to those single shots. It's hilarious to out snap shoot an electro with those tourney(wanna be's?) It's a challenge and a hurdle to get into pump play, but it is more rewarding in my opinion.

You ever try a pink golf ball, Wally? Why, the wind shear alone on a pink golf ball can take the head off a 90-pound midget at over 300 yards.-Six String Samurai.

Last edited by Psicko; 03-14-2017 at 06:21 AM.
Psicko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 07:36 AM   #14 (permalink)

Oh and my phone auto corrected me I meant azodin not axis. Is that company ok?
Old 03-14-2017, 08:27 AM   #15 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

I've never played with azodins guns, but they seem like a good entry level marker company.

You ever try a pink golf ball, Wally? Why, the wind shear alone on a pink golf ball can take the head off a 90-pound midget at over 300 yards.-Six String Samurai.
Old 03-14-2017, 08:35 AM   #16 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Oh, I just saw you are in Orlando according to your profile. Which fields do you play at? I used to live in Florida and played with the Florida Pump Chumps. Not sure if they are still around. Team trigger happy has a lot of people that play pump. Good group of people to play with.

Old 03-14-2017, 08:48 AM   #17 (permalink)
Welcome home

Kilt Club
Azodin pumps are decent, but I see many people wanting something different after a short time.
Old 03-14-2017, 09:26 AM   #18 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCI Phantom Fan
Yo Random guy! I am in Orlando too! If you want to try out my Azodin KP3 (friggen love it by the way) go to the 24 hour game at Battlefield Orlando on March 25th and 26th. So far we are looking at a 200+ player count for the event. Your Shocker will have plenty of competition at this event, so you can put it through its paces (Just got myself a Shocker RSX, going to be doing the same)

Event Page

I had a custom built cocker pump, but moved over to my KP3 and am very happy with it. The trigger isn't as nice but everything else is right on.

BTW, I play pump all the time with the semis and electros. You just play with a different mindset but I find that I can still do some damage with a pump. Going to play some stock(ish) class pump on the 26th before the final battle for fun

Last edited by paintzapper; 03-14-2017 at 09:34 AM.
paintzapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 02:13 PM   #19 (permalink)

@paintzapper and psicko
I currently only played at Orlando paintball. Paintball world shut down and those were really the only places I know of besides Wayne's world but that's too far for it to be worth it unless I do a 24 hour game.
Old 03-14-2017, 02:22 PM   #20 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCI Phantom Fan
Battlefield Orlando is only 40 min away from OP and I have enjoyed the field immensely. They also have 24 hour games every couple months too. Like I said, a 24 hour game at the end of this month

Battlefield reminds me of Paintball World (still sucks they are gone) with field layouts but with better staff. Battlefield also has been getting large numbers of players showing up as well, good days to be had.
paintzapper is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » New To The Sport