mcarterbrown.com  

New To The Sport Just started playing? Been playing for a while, but you have a question you should have asked years ago? Drop a line, we answer

Old 12-09-2017, 11:13 PM   #31 (permalink)
MCB Member

Have not shot a lv1 myself but have heard lots of good things about it.

If we have to stick to your choices, etek. And personally I'd pick up a 3 or 4. There really are no advantages to the 5 over the 3 or 4.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

^^^ If you are new to the sport and need help finding gear, click here!!!^^^

feedback: https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Trbo323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 07:03 AM   #32 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

It's all preference and you really can't go wrong in any major way.

LV1
JT Impulse
G6R
Cyborg RX
Cyborg 6
Etek 5

If you want bulletproof, minimal fuss, minimal maintenance (just keep it clean) and vast parts availability, go PE. I've got a mint black LV1 available, just saying.

If you want to be a little different but get most of what's mentioned above, G6R. Lovely, lovely markers and one of my all-around favorites.

The JT Impulse is a gem and really worth considering. Hell, for the prices they're going for you can pick up a 'spare' for future parts availability.
imped4now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 12:28 PM   #33 (permalink)

The LV is the only one out of that bunch with a truly unique feature.
uglyduckling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 10:10 PM   #34 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by uglyduckling View Post
The LV is the only one out of that bunch with a truly unique feature.
I don't necessarily disagree with you but since I like to play devil's advocate:

JT Impulse - the valve is actually balanced (albeit not 100%) and uses a really nice, replaceable (015 IIRC) face seal to make that valve essentially impervious to leaking. It's a really nice valve if you've never taken it apart.

G6R - The way in which air is routed allows it to retain a very small height and width profile while obviously allowing a total hoseless design. Additionally, the cupseal area is really large, which allows it to close very fast. Combine that with the huge flow ability and it's no wonder the thing is so efficient.

Cyborg RX - The bolt is enclosed and the ram/valve cartridge makes maintenance and disassembly a breeze. Both really neat features that make the RX a truly unique poppet valve marker in the history of poppets.

Cyborg 6 - Dual transducers (yes, they work now) and an improved version of the RX's ram/valve cartridge. The LPR is mounted vertically in the foregrip and the connection between the frame and body is wireless. All pretty neat features, especially when combined into one marker.
imped4now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 10:43 PM   #35 (permalink)
Bow Chicka Honk Honk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trbo323 View Post

If we have to stick to your choices, etek. And personally I'd pick up a 3 or 4. There really are no advantages to the 5 over the 3 or 4.

I had an Etek 4 at LLX this year, I was running with my Gtek, and loaned the Etek to a buddy. That thing absolutely HATED that paint, there was paint everywhere, with the hush bolt on mine. Another guy in our group had a stock bolt in his, and it was the same result. 3 cases and 1 broken ball out of the Gtek, but the two people running the Etek 4s were not having much luck, although the eyes didn't clog up somehow.

Edit: Also, it is pretty loud, the 4 is probably going to be loud just like the Impulse
"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"
- The New Colossus, Emma Lazarus

This is what the Statue of Liberty is supposed to mean. But what does she mean now? How have we strayed so far?

My feedback
Jahnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 03:16 AM   #36 (permalink)
MCB Member

Performance wise, the Etek5 is miles ahead of any previous Etek, or any mid-end stack tube poppet. It's not going to be full metal or feel as nice as the JT Impulse or even the Dangerous Power competitors, but it will outperform both of them. And if you're buying one new before the end of the year they come with the OLED board upgrade free of charge. Keep the stock bolt in it, throw whatever barrel you want on it and you can add a POPs ASA, aftermarket trigger, or an Inception or Eclipse feedneck if you really want to upgrade it. Also, the retail price for a new one recently dropped from $550 to $500.

Planet Eclipse Tech and Planet Eclipse Service Center. Please PM me for any warranty work or other Planet Eclipse service needs.
jerryjjackson69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 08:26 AM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by imped4now View Post
I don't necessarily disagree with you but since I like to play devil's advocate:

JT Impulse - the valve is actually balanced (albeit not 100%) and uses a really nice, replaceable (015 IIRC) face seal to make that valve essentially impervious to leaking. It's a really nice valve if you've never taken it apart.

G6R - The way in which air is routed allows it to retain a very small height and width profile while obviously allowing a total hoseless design. Additionally, the cupseal area is really large, which allows it to close very fast. Combine that with the huge flow ability and it's no wonder the thing is so efficient.

Cyborg RX - The bolt is enclosed and the ram/valve cartridge makes maintenance and disassembly a breeze. Both really neat features that make the RX a truly unique poppet valve marker in the history of poppets.

Cyborg 6 - Dual transducers (yes, they work now) and an improved version of the RX's ram/valve cartridge. The LPR is mounted vertically in the foregrip and the connection between the frame and body is wireless. All pretty neat features, especially when combined into one marker.
Wow man, I can now say I learned several new things today. Good info.
uglyduckling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 12:42 PM   #38 (permalink)
Perfection will suffice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trbo323 View Post

Would it be safe to guess you've not actually shot the Etek 5?

It is miles better than any Etek before, and better than any non-lever Ego, as well.

Ridiculously smooth, two-stage rammer/bolt profile, unbelievably easy on fragile paint (better than most markers at any price range), quiet, etc., etc.

Easily one of the most underrated markers ever.

My Feedback: https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html

Have you seen That Paintball Channel?
Menace is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » New To The Sport