mcarterbrown.com  

New To The Sport Just started playing? Been playing for a while, but you have a question you should have asked years ago? Drop a line, we answer

Old 12-01-2019, 02:08 PM   #41 (permalink)
Mrs. Harbinger the void

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberpyr8 View Post
Sorry, yeah they wouldn't play with me using my Etek. They were shooting too fast on each other for me to feel comfortable to play against them with the pump. I also find it ironic that because I'm older that many people feel intimidated by that. Like rathbaster I am getting too slow (old in my case) to get out quickly by charging to the front.
This feeling passes. Eventually you walk out into open games confident that you have the ability to shoot a couple players each game which is likely how you felt before with your electro setup.

As far as rentals, dressing down is key. No jerseys ever. You can get away with good pants if you wear a beat up long sleeve shirt over any elbow pads. Or join the Hawaiian shirt revolution! Look chill, help out with kids at the field, strike up conversations.
Old 12-01-2019, 04:51 PM   #42 (permalink)
Co-Owner NoDak Spud LLC

If you really want to be stealth, buy the cheapest mask on the market and play with some old spray painted thingy.

ETA: make sure you use Home Depot hose clamps also.

SL-68 stickfeed.jpg

https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/...-feedback.html
Mike@NDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 12:10 PM   #43 (permalink)
Legal Eagle

Location: Fort Erie and Occassionally St. Catharines Ontario Canada
Send a message via MSN to Falcon16 Send a message via Skype™ to Falcon16

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
Pump paintball is the absolute hands down most fun I've ever had. SC even more so.

A friend of mine introduced me to pump play in 07, first time I ever tried it was with an SL-68 II and then from there I progressed on. I've tried it all, Phantoms, PGPs a BE Nightmare, multiple snipers and PPS stuff. Current pumps are a trilogy, a PGP and a PPS tuned LB + a super stocker. I rarely play with a semi anymore and if I do it's normally for a mech airball game or sometimes for scenarios where a pump would be a significant disadvantage due to field layout.

That said 99% of my playing is with a pump and I wouldn't want it any other way.

Feedback +38/-0
Click here to email me
My youtube channel
Click here to pay me via Paypal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApoC_101 View Post
Pump paintball is cheaper than any drug habit I've ever heard of.
Falcon16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 01:25 AM   #44 (permalink)
Banned

I haven't experience the thrill of this yet. It definitely sounds fun though.
snivy18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 10:49 PM   #45 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Picked up a CCM S6 Oct 2009, almost all I play with, when you can snap shoot, you will rarely be intimidated against other players...I think a good player with a pump is just as good (probably better) than a good player with a electro. Lighter set up and playing with a pump forces you to consider your field position and movement more.
Old 12-10-2019, 04:26 PM   #46 (permalink)
Co-Owner NoDak Spud LLC

I'm even going to try pumping at the indoor airball this Friday. It's "mech night", but the games are pretty intense and fast paced.

We'll see................. LOL

https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/...-feedback.html
Mike@NDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 02:24 PM   #47 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to Cunha Send a message via MSN to Cunha Send a message via Yahoo to Cunha

One of the best parts of using a pump is when you briefly use an electro and you have hyper mega overpower invincibility vibes.

PSA: To post direct images when using imgur or other hosting site, copy the "direct link" url in between these image tags [img]yoururlhere[/img]
Cunha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 06:47 AM   #48 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunha View Post
One of the best parts of using a pump is when you briefly use an electro and you have hyper mega overpower invincibility vibes.
Last time I used an electo I had hell of a hard time using the double trigger ...

I gave it back to his rightful owner and picked bqck up my pump ... Felt instantly right

If you start to feel overwhelmed with a pump, it's time to move ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macdave06 View Post
I think for most here, I'd use the term "collect" loosely. It's more like hoarding.
ATS Screw Kit
Splatmaster Figure 8 Replacement
My Feedback
XEMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 05:32 PM   #49 (permalink)
I wear the big hat

Quote:
Originally Posted by XEMON View Post
Last time I used an electo I had hell of a hard time using the double trigger ...

I gave it back to his rightful owner and picked bqck up my pump ... Felt instantly right
I get this way once in a while. My performance seens to drop as well 'cuz my brain tries to enter ROF mode and I tend to leave myself open. I usually shoot a single trigger mech.

I wish someone still made a single trigger electro. I've been meaning to mod my BKO frame for single trigger use. Perhaps I'll get off my lazy butt and do it this winter.
Old 02-26-2020, 12:23 AM   #50 (permalink)

Got into the sport in '06 and I remember watching TYGERWDR's videos (which are still on youtube) with him playing a centerfeed phantom with a revvy and he was killing it on both woods/airball. He would sometimes have to resort to the auto trigger on airball fields but usually it was so he could move a teammate up field.

I've always wanted to try pump... After this thread, I'm going for it. Probably get a phantom myself!
cj.mal is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » New To The Sport