mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 11-05-2017, 11:38 AM   #61 (permalink)
Baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by maninblack2k View Post
Instead of this milsim looking crap spend a little more and get a GTEK with a gamma core, Axe Pro, or an Etha 2. They actually shoot and work reliability. Cheap is always cheap. Don't expect a value.
I agree with some of the comments made above, and would like to add that tippys aren't 'cheap' (although the quality has gone downhill in the past 10 years). Not every marker can live in the trunk of a car for multiple years of summer and winter cycles without being used and then get picked up and played like it was serviced yesterday with just a bit of oil in the ASA. Tippmann can, though. While tippmanns typically dont provide a 'refined' playing experience, they are designed and built in a way where they almost enjoy being neglected and abused. Heck, my A5 RT works fine while completely submerged in water. Something is to be said for that.

Without getting into too much of a debate about what I view as 'value for your dollar', let's just say that I think you're going to find some differing views on whether a tippmann provides more or less value than a mid range electro... and that this particular thread may not be the best place to start that discussion... and on that note I'm going to shut up, because I really don't want to hijack this thread away from the new Tippmann Quasimodo or whatever it's called .

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
Old 11-05-2017, 11:54 AM   #62 (permalink)

Although it’s a ugly duckling for sure I don’t think it’s any uglier if you will than the empire defender. The big difference there is the defender ran you nearly $1k were as this is likely much cheaper while still getting the hopper out of your sight lines (essentially integrated warp feeds).

Will I be buying one no but then I never like warp feeds or the defender either.

I’m sure a few will be sold but I’m also sure just as previous attempts at this concept it will be a niche marker and not wide spread.
Old 11-05-2017, 12:18 PM   #63 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axel View Post
Referring more to some of the other guns pictured in this thread, including a bunch of Tippmann stuff. The last big incident in NYC our perpetrator was carrying a paint gun for some reason. Just give the politicians an excuse, it doesn't have to make much sense. We are not a large community with any kind of voting power so our only hope is to stay under the radar

It's not, by the way, the little boutiques like CCM that worry me, it's the Tippmanns of the world who can mass produce this stuff relatively cheap for WalMart
Your problem isn't realism.

It's living in NY. edit: made assumption.

In free America that sort of thing isn't an issue.
apamburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 02:08 PM   #64 (permalink)
MCB Member

Maybe part of the reason this new tippy is uggers is that it looks proportionally unbalanced. I bet if I throw on one of my barrel shrouds it will look fine.
paintzapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 02:49 PM   #65 (permalink)
FNG

Exactly! We’re probably looking at the “Basic” model. Tippmann would be smart to include a shroud with rails interfaced, but removable, with the body so that everything isn’t riding on the barrel.
Soolio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 03:23 PM   #66 (permalink)
Fire Avatar by Flounder

Fan of EMR
Brass and Wood Fan
Lol
A: Society sucks

Join us next time for another episode of Existential MCB
Feedback

CAX
Axel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 02:01 AM   #67 (permalink)
Back to paintball.

Send a message via AIM to Ir0nExpress

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintzapper View Post
Maybe part of the reason this new tippy is uggers is that it looks proportionally unbalanced. I bet if I throw on one of my barrel shrouds it will look fine.
Someone who owns a Tippmann Striker/Stryker (however you spell it) noticed it's the same gun minus the shroud and rip drive but with the dfender feed mounted to the back. You can probably go on ANS and buy a spare shroud and barrel for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsGunShow View Post
Tippmann can, though. While tippmanns typically dont provide a 'refined' playing experience, they are designed and built in a way where they almost enjoy being neglected and abused. Heck, my A5 RT works fine while completely submerged in water. Something is to be said for that.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
Their role in the mechanical market has waned greatly because frankly, their products are very low quality nowadays and do not qualify as "rental grade." You'll notice many fields nowadays using a mix of older tippmanns, gog enmeys, easy to maintain electros as "upgrades".

The brand direction is heading towards what JT and WGP became: a husk. GI is riding that name into the ground while casual players will not realize this until their new gun with the cheese grade sear has been chewed up. It's bound to happen nowadays with buyouts gutting companies of their resources and driving them into the ground.

Last edited by Ir0nExpress; 11-06-2017 at 02:11 AM.
Ir0nExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 02:27 AM   #68 (permalink)

Look lets get one "elephant in the room" out of the way....tippman hasn't been the same since GI bought them out as compared with the tippman of old.

But while it isnt as good as it used to be they still haven't sunk totally to the GI pit so until then I will not give up on them.....YET.

Second lets remember this isn't the final product and lets also be honest lately the paintball companies have put out (be by them or though some third party like ans for plausible deniability in testing the waters) alot of gear that either disappears (angel eyes ring a bell) or sometimes does come out .

Now on to this concept....I like it.
The defender was (from what I saw when at events) was a well handled and well wanted gun...but the 1k price basically doomed it to all but those with some very deep pockets.

but the concept of an integral hopper system is in part what fuels mag fed gun market...even with that as many have pointed out the cost of say a dye dam with a box mag suffers alot of the same desires but affordability problems of the defender.

this gives what many desire with a price many can afford.
add to that while the pics show a less than aesthetically pleasing product remember alot of how the basic/ stripped down a5/x7 looks like.
but those once you add shrouds, for grips, stocks, barrels, lights, rails, cameras ect WOW.

If (key word IF) they follow the tippman model this would be the basic stripped down model then you add whatever trips your trigger.

the only thing that could be a major fault is if they go to some really off the wall mechanical winding type hopper.....

overall gonna watch this closely and see what actually comes of it..
it shows promice

Scrounger
scrounger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 11:00 PM   #69 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
That is ugly.
BUTT ugly

Shaken......but not stirred. Licenced to paint.
bond commander bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 07:51 AM   #70 (permalink)
Perfection will suffice

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inflicted View Post
Probably because there's a good chance that "they" are the same people that designed the Defender.
Unless "they" are Simon, not very likely.

My Feedback: https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html

Have you seen That Paintball Channel?
Menace is online now   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News