mcarterbrown.com  

Paintball News The latest in paintball news brought to you by the oldest independent publication in paintball and the best paintball site on the web - The Paintball News and MCB

Old 09-17-2019, 10:33 AM   #1241 (permalink)
MCB Member

I played with mine for the first time saturday. I put 300 FSR through it. As expected, the gun shot great. No jams, no misfeeds, no flipped rounds, no breaks. A few of my magazines got dirty on the feeding end when they fell out of my pouch as well, and I still didn't have any isses. Really happy with the consistency, I was +/- 3 FPS over the chrono.

This was also my first time using the dye mags, and I really liked them compared to some of the previous magazine options I have used. I was playing somewhere pretty sandy, and the covers that go over the rounds when not in use are a great feature.

Here is how she sits right now, I was back and forth between the Hawke and a red dot, but I am really happy with the setup.

Name:  MG100.JPG
Views: 118
Size:  138.4 KB
Old 09-20-2019, 12:22 PM   #1242 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCI Phantom Fan
Got to run amuck with mine last weekend. Zero issues, shots were dead on, and I learned that I need to practice more with FSR to get use to how they fly

paintzapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 01:54 PM   #1243 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
Considering how those feeds are 3D printed to begin with, that shouldn't be too difficult. If there was enough demand for one, you might be able to convince him to design one.
I asked him and he's not interested.
I don't think the MG-100 feed would fit because the forward upper rail on the Mg-100's body would necessitate that the tube sits slightly higher.

I've been following the Facebook group off and on- does anyone know whether any of the upcoming 20+ round continuous magazines are ready?
The Inflicted is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 03:53 PM   #1244 (permalink)
Paroxysm

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inflicted View Post
I asked him and he's not interested.
I don't think the MG-100 feed would fit because the forward upper rail on the Mg-100's body would necessitate that the tube sits slightly higher.

I've been following the Facebook group off and on- does anyone know whether any of the upcoming 20+ round continuous magazines are ready?
There are AT LEAST 3 different versions.

1) Eric Flint designing some straight mags, 3D printed. So far testing shows they work well. But Eric wants to be sure (he is actually wants them to work right before selling anything)

2) Davy Flint curved mags. These are the one's that have been on and off for about 4 years. Finally seems like he is managing to get them to the injection molded stage, but no release date yet. Looks like a final prototype or sample of the magazine door was sent to George B (That runs the Dye DAM owners page on FB) to test... so we will see how that goes. Being frank, I'm not sure how close these are to being made, we will find out on the 'pre-order' sale.

3) Hari from Germany was creating some straight mags in 3D print, but have only seen them in videos/photos, and no dates or anything.

4) Other..

mcarterbrown.com » General » Paintball News