mcarterbrown.com  

Plugged in Online Gaming, and Technology

Old 09-10-2019, 01:58 PM   #5921 (permalink)
Patient Zero

Send a message via Yahoo to Tracker Send a message via Skype™ to Tracker

CCM Fan
i just kinda gave up a like a month ago, i have a crap ton of quests.. just the strike for thorn.. i just don't have the motivation anymore, the grind sucks.. 14 riven clears, no 1kv, never even got a decent roll on the black armory MG.

really am kinda sick of the raid mechanics, lets not just have some fun, no, lets make everything obscenely complicated and make it so no single raid can be completed without 100% voice communication, and let's add unneeded wipe mechanics (like the vacuum thing with the ramps in regular leviathan, is that REALLY necessary?) and to top it all off lets have bosses that have an amount of health that's better displayed as an exponent

i'm also awful at PvP, and that's nobody fault but mine, but there's just something about the flow and mechanics of it that i just don't "get". i was also never very good at PvP in halo, so i suspect those issues might be related..
but i'm not exactly fond of how many quests require a ton of PvP play, or worse, ranked PvP.. and the matchmaking is trash.. one team is a 5 stack, all players are max level, and then you got 7 singles, most of them are sub 500 light.. "lets put all those guys against the 5 stack!!" and invariably, i'm not on the side with the 5 stack
don't get me wrong i accept that i can't win them all, but when i can't win ANY.. it stops being fun.. and don't even get me started on gambit matchmaking.. its somehow worse..

sorry, i realize this has devolved into a rant of gripes..
but it's my motivation for not buying shadowkeep, leaving my clan that i helped form, and continuing to torture myself by playing a game i just don't enjoy anymore

^And i did it while wearing a helmetcam^ in 1080P HD if you need proof
Trackers feedback
Tracker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 12:15 AM   #5922 (permalink)
Tubular!

I understand, Tracker. PvP now is a grenade launcher parade. And raids take longer than I care to spend on them.

Which quest is the thorn one? I miss my thorn.
Old 09-11-2019, 03:02 AM   #5923 (permalink)
No Effects, just cooler

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdcore View Post
I understand, Tracker. PvP now is a grenade launcher parade. And raids take longer than I care to spend on them.

Which quest is the thorn one? I miss my thorn.
It's a multi step quest. The final strike is best tackled by a fireteam. A clan mate and I nearly 2 manned it, but theres just too much going on. Aside from Whisper, it was probably the hardest exotic to get... except maybe Malfeasance before they changed the quest..

-Dealings Feedback-
Proudly Playing For:
Wookie Dicks
Lucha Cabras
nofxkid2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 03:07 AM   #5924 (permalink)
No Effects, just cooler

Oh! And my gripe for the night...

Was doing Calus chests.. had one give me the exotic Apotheosis Veil. Ok cool. Been a while since I had an exotic randomly drop. I have it already, and it's kind of a weak exotic. Whatever.

Opened up the Bad Juju Adventure. I'm going along. Kill a major and an exotic engrams drops. Sweet! Potentially 3 in one night (Including the Bad Juju). Pick it up...Apotheosis Veil. Again..

-Dealings Feedback-
Proudly Playing For:
Wookie Dicks
Lucha Cabras
Old 09-11-2019, 08:29 AM   #5925 (permalink)
Memento mori.

Brass and Wood Fan
Kilt Club
I wonder if that's a bug. I recently saw a you tube personality get two jade rabbits drop in the same mission.

I haven't done a raid since Crota. I enjoy PVP though. It took me a while to find a loadout that really works for me; maybe because I'm getting old and my reflexes aren't what they used to be. I've found that running the MIDA multi-tool and Calus Mini-tool along with the Foetracer is really good for me. Between having all that invo (always have radar, and track a target) along with smarter playing (not charging into locations full of enemies) is actually seeing my KD go up.

This loadout is less than optimal for anything PvE or Gambit though. For that lately I run a masterworked Huckleberry, the Loaded Question and the Wendigo. The Huckleberry with the catalyst is just a meat grinder plain and simple. Though now I'm trying out the Lumina in place of the Huckleberry to see how keeping my compatriots and myself buffed (35% extra damage in PvE!) works out.
Finnigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 03:22 PM   #5926 (permalink)
No Effects, just cooler

Got the Bad Juju the other night. Haven't had time to mess around with it yet.

-Dealings Feedback-
Proudly Playing For:
Wookie Dicks
Lucha Cabras
Old 09-12-2019, 03:43 PM   #5927 (permalink)
Memento mori.

Brass and Wood Fan
Kilt Club
I have the quest for that unlocked but haven't tried it yet. Is is okay to do solo?
Finnigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 04:02 PM   #5928 (permalink)
Patient Zero

Send a message via Yahoo to Tracker Send a message via Skype™ to Tracker

CCM Fan
which one?

^And i did it while wearing a helmetcam^ in 1080P HD if you need proof
Trackers feedback
Tracker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 10:06 PM   #5929 (permalink)
No Effects, just cooler

The final 'Adventure' has a couple annoying parts, but there didn't seem to be a wipe mechanic. I soloed it fairly easily with Thorn/Loaded Question/Wendigo.

-Dealings Feedback-
Proudly Playing For:
Wookie Dicks
Lucha Cabras

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Plugged in