mcarterbrown.com  

Plugged in Online Gaming, and Technology

Old 09-11-2017, 07:56 AM   #21 (permalink)
WOOP WOOOOOOOOP

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
The rtings.com site i poatwd had a nice breakdown for the vizio line. Also they have a price breakdown on most the reviewed tvs... as in it twlls you look at this tv if under 1500, the at that price, what tv will beat it... ill post an example. Btw this sony xbr930 is niiiiice.
Attached Images

iKNOWaFATman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 08:33 AM   #22 (permalink)
Post Whore

Something to point out about the comment on Black Friday.

There are deals to be had on good equipment as well. Retailers want stock gone so they don't pay taxes on it at end of year. They don't want last years model taking up space when the new stuff comes out. That said, ANY time you shop somewhere and see an extra special deal it is always buyer beware.
In addition to spying on you, smart phones are excellent shopping tools to check model numbers and features side by side. You typically will not see some super deep discount on anything that stands on it's own merit...but 10% is 10%....
punkncat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 07:07 AM   #23 (permalink)
Deplorable...

i just saw this discounted:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...510_em_1p_2_ti

any good?

EDIT: here's the rtings/com review:

https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/sony/x850e

past & present https://www.freewebs.com/non-inflammable/

my feedback: https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html

Barrack Hussein Obama: The biggest fraud ever perpetrated upon the American people

Last edited by freedom; 09-16-2017 at 07:11 AM.
freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 08:12 AM   #24 (permalink)
Plays on the cheap

Not sure of that particular model, but I know people with Sonys and they're happy with them. For whatever that's worth.

If 4K and/or internet connectivity isn't important then I'd pass on those features and save the pennies. Like others have said, 4K isn't a mainstream thing right now. I have a 55" Samsung LCD, 1080p and no "smart" functions. Been running for 8 years now with literally no issues. I figure I can always add stuff to it (game consoles and whatnot), so I don't need internet connectivity built-in.

But then again I don't like tons of stuff connected to the internet and don't watch much TV outside of my anime subscriptions. I don't need 4K, HDR, or smart functions. Hell, I don't even know what HDR is.

Last edited by glaman5266; 09-16-2017 at 08:17 AM.
glaman5266 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 08:31 AM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by glaman5266 View Post
anime subscriptions
I only bother with Hulu, Netflix, and Dramafever(Korean & some Chinese) because I need to surf for content.
As for anime, I find plenty of discussions and recommendations.
Heck I've picked up series just on the fact I've seen buttloads of memes of them on Facebook.
Become a nyaa.si(nazi) or join BakaBT and torrent.

MCB Feedback
YBBPI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 08:53 AM   #26 (permalink)
Post Whore

Beware of the "in store" experience. Read reviews. Many stores will put TV they are trying to push on signal amps/clearer source so the picture and color look better.

Case in point. I went earlier this year/late last year to purchase a new big screen. Walked in the Best Buy and two TV stood out, picture wise. One was the Insignia (store) brand, and the other a Sharp. I had went intending to buy a Sammy 1080, but the Insignia looked so good, was 4k, and cheaper. Got it home and within a short while wished I had stuck to my guns, and the reviews. The TV is ok, but does random turn off, and really sub par performance for "true" 4k.
punkncat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 10:00 AM   #27 (permalink)
WOOP WOOOOOOOOP

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
That 850 looks nice. But it also recomends the p series vizio at the bittom as a better deal... i dont have time to cruz right now but im on the same hunt as you.... 1500 is right in my price range and the 850 looks sharp. I need bluetooth option tho... i didnt look if it had it or nit.
Old 09-26-2017, 12:57 PM   #28 (permalink)
Bad Juju

Something like this:

https://bensbargains.com/bargain/viz...gc-for-557224/
ClarkGryphyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 11:28 AM   #29 (permalink)
WOOP WOOOOOOOOP

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkGryphyn View Post
This is a nice tv for the price, but it is also a pipular model to go on sale at black friday. 1100 is avg right now. I have a feeling this one will drop soon. I know rhe 2016 m65 models all.went on sale last year, i almost bought one a couple times
Old 09-27-2017, 01:08 PM   #30 (permalink)
The Moses of Pump

CCM Fan
Kilt Club
Sorry to hijack your thread, but does anybody know of a decent budget 42-48 inch TV? I'm thinking $300ish
JonnyDread is online now   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Plugged in