mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   General Chat (https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/general-chat/)
-   -   Mcarterbrown - WHy would you compare? Why be wrong in public? (https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/general-chat/271265-mcarterbrown-why-would-you-compare-why-wrong-public.html)

Mar 03-11-2015 02:48 PM

Mcarterbrown - WHy would you compare? Why be wrong in public?

I think one of my least favourite things to see on this forum, is the inevitable slight, the comparison to Paintball Nation. We have all seen it, it seems to be the most unimaginative retort or insult that a person can hurl, and offer no substance but their own feelings. It seems almost every time someone doesn't get their way, or is offended, or feels hard done by they compare Mcarterbrown to Paintball Nation, and suggest that MCB is becoming the other.

First of all, MCB is not, nor will it ever be PBN. PBN is a separate legal entity, and has it's own thing going on somewhere else, with different moderators, and different prevailing attitudes. From what I can gather anyhow, I never really visit.

But I think when people offer the insult they mean to impugn the atmosphere here, to attack the moderators, to insult the members, and in general to just be ****ty.

MCB members are honestly, for the most part, some of the most amazing human beings I have ever had the pleasure to share and trade opinions with, and talk to.

This week a fellow posted that his equipment was stolen from him - within minutes he had offers for markers, masks, gear, all free. Yes, all free.

ANother member, a well known brass wizard, put a beautiful creation into the wild, only to see it get sold and sold, the final buyer however, bought it (at great expense) and packaged it up and shipped it to the brass wizard with his compliments. Not only THAT, but this brass wizard HIMSELF, has completed more "free builds" for members of the forum than I care to list, all from the kindness of his heart.

I have seen members post about depression and suicidal thoughts, and had other members offer them a place to stay, to visit, to come and get their minds off of things - share stories and similar experiences, and help try and mend the fabric of these people's minds - try and make them feel whole.

A member recently broke his leg (horribly I might add) and began receiving shipments of his favourite coffee from up north, from caring members who took it upon themselves to try and brighten this individuals day.

Once a member who had divested himself of al of his paintball assets to contribute financially to his battle with cancer was INNONDATED with the most generous display I have ever witnessed, markers on markers on soft goods on everything - all from the hearts of people who cared enough to participate.

Yearly the members participate in an amazing display of friendship with the Secret Santa exchange, all run by an individual who organizes it and expects NOTHING in return, and even HE got a shock when other members pitched in and got him a beautiful gift for all of his efforts.

MCB is a place where ideas go from paper and computer screens to reality, where inventions get tweaked and perfected, where small companies get a foothold and begin to build success, where people meet and end up meeting in real life and becoming good friends.

MCB for many of us is a family, a home away from home, a soft place to land, a place we need as much as it needs us.

All of this to say that the next time someone slags MCB off the cuff with little thought or regard for all the amazing things that makes this place the most important on-line stop of my day, well they may be getting a vacation.

TheYoda 03-11-2015 02:52 PM

Amen.

Jebus 03-11-2015 02:52 PM

I can't find the Like button...where is the Like button???

It is pretty amazing to see Members here step up and help out where needed, when needed!

Drum 03-11-2015 02:53 PM

So, we're all hippies?

The Flounder 03-11-2015 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jebus (Post 3109956)

Upper right corner where it says Rate Thread

tarakian 03-11-2015 03:11 PM

https://i677.photobucket.com/albums/v...ammer-time.jpg

Greenmtnphantom 03-11-2015 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jebus (Post 3109956)

What do you think this is Facebook :ROTFL:

Bored383 03-11-2015 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drum (Post 3109957)
So, we're all hippies?

well, you are for sure ;)

maybe me too, lol

and that schmitti guy for sure

Brassballs 03-11-2015 03:39 PM

What's up with this threatening post?
who got you all riled up,DSA?

relax man,this is the kind of stuff I dont like to see here.

threatening to ban someone for a PBN reference.is not cool.
everyone has a right to their own opinion

oldschool 03-11-2015 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drum (Post 3109957)
So, we're all hippies?

taking showers?

finally?