mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Pump Guns (https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/pump-guns/)
-   -   Phantom Revolution closeout (https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/pump-guns/310422-phantom-revolution-closeout.html)

RUN100 04-22-2018 04:58 PM

Phantom Revolution closeout

Mike just posted a revolution closeout sale on the site for anyone interested !

https://phantomonline.com/product-category/specials/

AnarchicArctic 04-22-2018 05:30 PM

Sweet mercy

doglb 04-22-2018 05:35 PM

Thats Awesome!!:clapping:

dano_____ 04-22-2018 05:46 PM

Sweet baby Jesus that is a low price.

DelTASteve 04-22-2018 05:52 PM

Opened, saw my color combo, instantly closed. My wife already wants to kill me seeing how many boxes labeled "paintball" are in the room of boxes to move. Little does she know the ones labeled "N64" are also full of paintball.

killerito 04-22-2018 06:02 PM

anyone willing to buy one for me and hold onto it until the end of June? im assuming they will all be sold out by then

Clam-I-Am 04-22-2018 06:04 PM

I just noticed that a little while ago. I was going to get my first Phantom this weekend anyways, so I think I know what I'll be getting.

Edit: No. I don't. I really don't know. TOO MANY CHOICES!!!

dkv23 04-22-2018 06:39 PM

And bought one, now to figure out which one of normal phantoms is for sale.
-Duncan

Ruffle 04-22-2018 06:45 PM

Why are they on closeout? Is he going to stop making Revolutions?

dkv23 04-22-2018 06:48 PM

Yep he already stopped.
-Duncan

river031403 04-22-2018 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruffle (Post 3478346)
Why are they on closeout? Is he going to stop making Revolutions?

I think they are on closeout because they weren’t selling at that high of a price..I think close out price should’ve been the original selling price in my opinion

Clam-I-Am 04-22-2018 08:07 PM

Aaaaaaand got mine.

Blue64 04-22-2018 08:10 PM

He stopped in the fall last year and has been clearing his stock. This is the final push.

sniper97 04-22-2018 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. PhunkyPants (Post 3478393)
For guns that don't show the six sizer rings, do you think those come with freak bored barrels? Listings don't have all the detail that normal ones on the site do...

I am sure they will come with the sizers

Diomedes 04-22-2018 09:56 PM

Nope. Nope nope nope nope nope. Nope.

Dr. PhunkyPants 04-22-2018 10:12 PM

Anyone else notice their marker still showing as available after purchase?

Rusty Brass 04-22-2018 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. PhunkyPants (Post 3478411)
Anyone else notice their marker still showing as available after purchase?

He undoubtedly has multiples of some anno patterns. Heard tell he was going to stop doing the one-off guns a little while ago because of annodizer problems/costs.

Clam-I-Am 04-22-2018 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rusty Brass (Post 3478419)
He undoubtedly has multiples of some anno patterns. Heard tell he was going to stop doing the one-off guns a little while ago because of annodizer problems/costs.

Thank you, that clears some things up. I was kind of confused about it staying up after I ordered it.

somethingbenign 04-22-2018 11:34 PM

I have been trying to save up for one as long as they have been out but something always came up. Sadly this time is no different. Enjoy em for me guys.

Marcos1211 04-23-2018 12:04 AM

So question, do these have detents so you can hold the handle back to pump without double feeding? because if i remember correctly wasn't this one of the main drawbacks?

Walker 04-23-2018 02:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcos1211 (Post 3478437)
So question, do these have detents so you can hold the handle back to pump without double feeding? because if i remember correctly wasn't this one of the main drawbacks?

:confused: Why would you want to hold the pump back?

Walker

Pr3mium 04-23-2018 09:14 AM

See, I was going to buy a Phantom after being out of the game for a few years and have been on the fence about it, and now this pops up. I was hoping to find a few reviews/comparisons to the Phantom or other pumps. Anyone with a Revolution wish to share their thoughts, maybe in a pm or something.

TimedFormula 04-23-2018 01:12 PM

Whoever just bought the orange stock class revolution if they're on here and willing to sell please message me. I literally had that in my cart and it told me it sold :(

dkv23 04-23-2018 01:14 PM

I bought it yesterday and Mike just emailed me telling someone else bought it first.
-Duncan

bellicose 04-23-2018 03:07 PM

Wish I would have seen this earlier, and wish he would have waited until supergame.

On a side note, is he coming to supergame this year?

Walker 04-23-2018 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bellicose (Post 3478583)
Wish I would have seen this earlier, and wish he would have waited until supergame.

On a side note, is he coming to supergame this year?

I spoke with him today, he will be at the Supergame....

Walker

Pr3mium 04-23-2018 05:01 PM

Damn, those were going quick. Thought I'd have enough time after work to actually pick one out. Ordered an OC black Revolution. Now time to buy a new 13ci tank and mask. Was expecting to buy a phantom or Enmy but I guess this is what I'm going with.

edit: Which 13ci tank is considered the best? I remember always using ninja tanks, but quality from companies may have changed these past few years. I also noticed a 26ci tank out there. Any good, or oddly shaped?

UltraBadger 04-23-2018 05:04 PM

Man, I would totally be on this if the Revolution were a little easier on brittle paint. At least it's my understanding that they can be hard on paint.

bellicose 04-23-2018 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walker (Post 3478600)
I spoke with him today, he will be at the Supergame....

Walker

I called him and he said that he would have some Revolutions at Supergame at the discounted price. I am going to cross my fingers and wait until then. Mike is awesome on the phone, he sounded very excited when I asked him about supergame.

Clam-I-Am 04-23-2018 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pr3mium (Post 3478630)
Ordered an OC black Revolution.

Same. Really looking forward to it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimedFormula (Post 3478555)
Whoever just bought the orange stock class revolution if they're on here and willing to sell please message me. I literally had that in my cart and it told me it sold :(

Oof. That sucks. That one looked seriously good.

Only 6 different ones left, which is both impressive and not at all surprising.

ScottyBeans 04-23-2018 11:27 PM

I bought the olive OC one this morning but had my order cancelled today. Guess someone else got it before me :(

TimedFormula 04-24-2018 01:07 AM

I've been pretty depressed and really disappointed today that the orange one sold. I'm hoping it pops back up for sale or that there is another at supergame.

Wraith 04-24-2018 04:07 AM

Yeah, I was super tempted by it too.

Law 04-24-2018 10:00 AM

I really want to thank you all for buying these before I could!!!! Hmm, it seems like there are less normal phantoms on there than usual. Only 8 open class listed? Is running down normal stock as well?

AnarchicArctic 04-24-2018 10:34 AM

These went super quick! If you missed out like me, Mike mentioned that he’d be releasing a few more into the wild during May and June

Falcon16 04-24-2018 12:32 PM

Sucks that the revolution is being closed out. Though I'll agree $390 should have been the normal price. I could never justify how much it was over the normal phantom even though it had some serious advantages (easier velocity change and paint sizing primarily) Here's hoping some of those ideas could be filtered into the normal phantom or offered as upgrade parts

TimedFormula 04-24-2018 02:19 PM

I wish Mike would reconsider ceasing production of the revolution and instead remarket it and lower the price if possible.

Bang*Bang** 04-24-2018 02:51 PM

Holy cow! Two days later and it looks like they're all gone!

I was just talking to Mike on the phone the other day and he suggested he might blow out the Phantom Revolutions at half price to get rid of them. I didn't realize he meant within a week.

He mentioned that he felt there was just too many adjustments on them for people to truly enjoy using the markers (I imagine he means in comparison to the regular phantoms). And also he mentioned that they just weren't selling well enough for him.

I don't know of he was selling them at cost on this recent blowout, but if that's the case, then it would explain why he wasn't retailing them for that low a price ($390? Wow!).

I feel like this isn't the thread to talk about it, or even if it should be talked about publicly, but Mike also said he's looking at moving into retirement. Not right away, but in the coming years. I imagine that's another reason to blow out the revolution stock.

It breaks my heart a little bit.

Pr3mium 04-24-2018 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bang*Bang** (Post 3478928)
Holy cow! Two days later and it looks like they're all gone!

I was just talking to Mike on the phone the other day and he suggested he might blow out the Phantom Revolutions at half price to get rid of them. I didn't realize he meant within a week.

He mentioned that he felt there was just too many adjustments on them for people to truly enjoy using the markers (I imagine he means in comparison to the regular phantoms). And also he mentioned that they just weren't selling well enough for him.

I don't know of he was selling them at cost on this recent blowout, but if that's the case, then it would explain why he wasn't retailing them for that low a price ($390? Wow!).

I feel like this isn't the thread to talk about it, or even if it should be talked about publicly, but Mike also said he's looking at moving into retirement. Not right away, but in the coming years. I imagine that's another reason to blow out the revolution stock.

It breaks my heart a little bit.

I'd just like to correct and say $390 was for both OC and SC configuration. $325 for OC, and I think SC also.

You probably got him to move on doing this closeout earlier than expected just by talking about it with him.

Well, after not playing for a few years and my Phantom having been my favorite gun I ever had (at least close to my T2, but didn't play with it enough), I'm very excited. :gunsfiring:

estin 04-24-2018 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Falcon16 (Post 3478887)
Sucks that the revolution is being closed out. Though I'll agree $390 should have been the normal price.

Its weird because people don't seem to bat an eye at $700 for a new CCM, but $625-650 for an acid wash revolution with a full sizer run was scoffed at. :confused:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bang*Bang** (Post 3478928)

but Mike also said he's looking at moving into retirement. Not right away, but in the coming years.

NOOOO!

https://i.imgur.com/eqyrrG3.gif