mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Autocockers (https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/autocockers/)
-   -   2k will cycle pnuematics but wont recock (https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/autocockers/316613-2k-will-cycle-pnuematics-but-wont-recock.html)

tippmann_guy 12-07-2018 10:43 PM

2k will cycle pnuematics but wont recock

So I got all of my parts , valve tool and the big 450 piece oring kit from Ebay finally and I changed all the orings and greased everything and changed all the pnuematics over to an inception ram , 3way and LPR and now the pnuematics will cycle but will not push the back block back enough to recock the cocking rod . Doesn't even hit it . Will fire if I pull the cocking rod by hand

Please help this is the first cocker I have rebuilt.

Also side note I do have the SF trilogy frame on it but with the eyes off cause I haven't had the body drilled yet . Yes the frame Has the T and a line running from the 3way to the trigger frame .
Just so you all have an idea of the marker in your head

The Flounder 12-07-2018 10:46 PM

How close is it to hitting the cocking rod? The rods came in a few different lengths depending on the back block.

tippmann_guy 12-07-2018 10:48 PM

Like just before it . I also just got the marker off Ebay and besides the dye barrel I think its stock

The Flounder 12-07-2018 10:56 PM

If you can't turn it in further try adding some spacers to figure how much shorter the rod needs to be. Is the bolt clearing the feed neck so a ball can drop in?

fusion83 12-07-2018 11:14 PM

Have you increased your lpr pressure? With blue maddman springs I had to add shims to the lpr to get pressure high enough for the back block to cock the cocking rod

punkncat 12-07-2018 11:39 PM

When aired down, and pull to recock by hand, where is bolt in relation to recock?

Do you have a "bumper" (commonly a reg seat) between cocking knob/block on the rod?

tippmann_guy 12-08-2018 06:39 AM

I have a bumper, when I recock by hand the bolt is closed , I turned the lpr to the point that at first when I had the hoses backwards I could barely push in the back block by hand and let's be clear the rod needs to be longer it seems . What is factory prostock rod length ?

NYKNIGHT01 12-08-2018 08:43 AM

I'm getting to the party late....but based on what I have read ...u have a sledgehammer lpr. 2ks had em as stock. These don't have an adjustment in the nose llikenmore "modern" lprs. And based on ur last post...I'm willing to bet set too high. When they are too high..it won't cycle properly. Back blocks should be able to be pushed forward with medium hand pressure. I'm also gonna wager that ur timing rod to too far forward. Hoses on a Standard frame standard 3way are. Front/ front middle middle rear/ rear. Lower lpr....let's start there. Output should be 60-70 psi for a stock set up. Urs sounds like it above 90 if u cant push the block forward.

tippmann_guy 12-08-2018 09:31 AM

I have an American 2k reg locked town at 500psi running a gas through grip

tippmann_guy 12-08-2018 09:31 AM

Forgot to add that