mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   New To The Sport (https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/new-sport/)
-   -   Paintball specific clothing necessary? (https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/new-sport/32011-paintball-specific-clothing-necessary.html)

Nonsense Man 02-06-2008 10:54 PM

Paintball specific clothing necessary?

Well I'm pretty new to the sport of paintball I've been playing for a few months now and have been wearing a short/long sleeve shirt (depending on the heat) and a pair of blue jeans. Now my jeans are starting to rip in the knees from crawling and sliding. So I've been looking in to getting some paintball specific pants and was wondering if their were any cheaper pairs all I need is pockets, belt loops, knee padding, and maybe crotch padding. Are their any cheaper pants that provide that? I don't need all that I really just want comfortable, durable, and belt loops.

Phantom Power 02-06-2008 10:59 PM

Take a look at the Smokin' Everlast pants review that TF just posted. It sounds like it might be what you're looking for. The other option is to go just get some mountain biking knee/shin pads and wear them over whatever pants you find comfortable. You certainly don't NEED paintball specific attire.

CrazyBoy78 02-06-2008 11:09 PM

A lot of people just hit their local surplus stores and pick up a pair of BDU pants. They wear well and they're plenty comfy for running around.

Azzy 02-06-2008 11:24 PM

If i just wear jeans and a t-shirt, some people start to wonder if i ever played before. Its fun :)

Jeans, always. they just wear better, until I can find a pair of the renegade chico pants from back in 2001, in olive.

As for a shirt, sometimes, its just a t-shirt, sometimes my vest, sometimes a hawaiian shirt.

Kneepads are a must though.

Nonsense Man 02-06-2008 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phantom Power (Post 309973)
Take a look at the Smokin' Everlast pants review that TF just posted. It sounds like it might be what you're looking for. The other option is to go just get some mountain biking knee/shin pads and wear them over whatever pants you find comfortable. You certainly don't NEED paintball specific attire.

Ya I saw and read that review but can't find anywhere I can buy those pants. Help?

Tblazer13 02-06-2008 11:42 PM

I second Smokin' Pants. If you want to stay cheap, BDUs/Jeans + non paintball specific knee pads are probably ok.

I've been fine playing in jeans without knee pads since I started playing. I ordered a pair of Smokin' SCP Pants recently though.

For shirts, I just wear whatever, usually a T-Shirt.

EDIT: Smokin Paintball Pants

brycelarson 02-06-2008 11:47 PM

I've also gotten good deals on paintball clothes right before the begining of the next season. I could care less if it's last year's style - just keep your eyes on the online retailers - they allways have clearance sales. I used to do BDUs with knee pads - but once I got a pair of real paintball pants - I'm hooked. they're designed to deal with the sport and are certainly worth the $15 I spent on them.

Tblazer13 02-06-2008 11:55 PM

brycelarson's advice is good.

Walking_Target 02-06-2008 11:57 PM

yep, i like my BDUs when i can find em though

Nonsense Man 02-07-2008 12:05 AM

Well I think I'm going to ask for the Outlast paintball pants for my birthday.