mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Air Gun Designs (https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/air-gun-designs/)
-   -   grumpy emag (https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/air-gun-designs/322474-grumpy-emag.html)

moving_target 07-03-2019 09:52 PM

grumpy emag

So I've got an emag with a level 7 bolt in it that seems to enjoy becoming a blender, but only when I'm actively playing with it.

I've got a rotor on it and have the rof capped at 10 or 11, run it over the chrono in nxl or whatever and it will dump the whole hopper down range no problem, but as soon as I try to shoot in a game I can't go more than about ten shots at seemingly any ROF before a ball chops and then it turns into a blender if I try to keep shooting.

any advice other than get a level 10 kit?

vintage 07-03-2019 10:00 PM

what body are you using? also what barrel/detent?

moving_target 07-03-2019 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vintage (Post 3596960)
what body are you using? also what barrel/detent?

phoenix body, not sure about what the detents are, and I've had issues both with the barrel I got with it (no name? short thing) and the empire barrel kit.

Is it possible that's the issue? the barrel may be getting slightly unscrewed or something along those lines?

alpha_q_up 07-03-2019 10:09 PM

I've never owned a rotor, can you adjust the tension that is applied on the balls that are fed through the hopper? I'm curious of the pressure being applied is trying to force too many balls into the breech

moving_target 07-03-2019 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alpha_q_up (Post 3596963)
I've never owned a rotor, can you adjust the tension that is applied on the balls that are fed through the hopper? I'm curious of the pressure being applied is trying to force too many balls into the breech

hadn't thought about that, will test. also will consider running the revvy or the halo (although I'm pretty sure the halo is even harder on paint than the rotor)

alpha_q_up 07-03-2019 10:27 PM

I know with my pico(halo internals) I had issues with my pump mag(lv7) and it doing that, I changed to a gravity fed hopper and all chopping was gone

superman 07-04-2019 09:25 AM

check to make sure the detents are screwed in far enough to stop the paint from rolling past them. It could also be that the paint is rolling backwards. im not sure which bolt is in that one.

vintage 07-04-2019 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by superman (Post 3597033)
check to make sure the detents are screwed in far enough to stop the paint from rolling past them. It could also be that the paint is rolling backwards. im not sure which bolt is in that one.

what Jake said

JonnyDread 07-05-2019 10:59 AM

Are you against getting a LX?

moving_target 07-05-2019 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonnyDread (Post 3597226)
Are you against getting a LX?

Not at all. Just... Need to find one, and at a price that matches the wallet