mcarterbrown.com  

Old 09-07-2011, 03:34 PM   #6731 (permalink)
Closed bolt FTW

CCM Fan
just took apart my thumper after about 200rnds and numerous times of just messing with the action. Nothing really bad to report, no abnormal wear was found, nothing loose. Still shoots great, aside from the occasional issue with chambering a ball cant really say i have any complaints about the gun. Going to try it out this weekend if i go play for the first time in a game setting.

I did find my WWA crown point tip to go on the WWA freak back i have. Makes for a nice 8-9" barrel
Old 09-07-2011, 04:55 PM   #6732 (permalink)
Olde Basterd#2

CCM Fan
Kilt Club
Man I'm dying here! I can't wait for mine. Feyd................
Old 09-07-2011, 05:27 PM   #6733 (permalink)
Team Long Stroke

Fan of EMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by LU_aDaK View Post
Thank you guys. And again, I understand it was a preorder - but the trade off for the discount was waiting for the marker - not hoping something brand new might work after a slew of revisions. I understand they are trying, but I truly feel people waited for a working marker, and the number of issues just points to a failure to test and a rush to the market - that is not something customers should be forced to deal with... if they were advertised as "be the first to try the pre-production run of Thumpers and get a discount" than it would be a different story.

-again, thank you for the feedback, I will utilize it when making my decision.
That's usually what happens with pre-orders though. I mean take a look at the DSG and DRV, the Falcon, any of that stuff. They've all gone through revisions and updates since the original design, not to mention that the Thumper itself is almost completely new in terms of operating mechanisms. New designs are going to bring new problems that will ultimately get solved by those who designed it, and bring new, different markers into a world where there were only a few previous designs to base off of.
Kinda scary how someone in a bright red hawaiian shirt can sneak up behind you like that, huh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCB CHAT
[20:54:32] <Walking_Target> Kinda awesome, you walk in and there's the giant black dildo right in front of the register
[20:54:33] <thisissparta> it's AWESOME.
My Budding Feedback
MCB
LilShank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 11:50 AM   #6734 (permalink)
Serving Tea for CCM

Send a message via AIM to senghing27

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by senghing27 View Post
Brian called me during my night class.
Mine is coming back with some more improvements.... I wonder what they are?!
Mailman just dropped off a package from Idaho....

Mah thumper was inside. I'm currently working on a paper, but from just a glance, my VA has the setscrew hole drilled and tapped and the original inlet hole has been drilled and tapped....

Interesting.
Old 09-08-2011, 07:27 PM   #6735 (permalink)
Not a Squatch...

Send a message via AIM to Timber_Ghost

Can't wait to hear more...
Old 09-08-2011, 07:43 PM   #6736 (permalink)
Olde Basterd#2

CCM Fan
Kilt Club
Mine came in # M7-00046
Ah let the good times roll. First it looks great. Cycles fine. Put a 12 gram in it and got about 25/28 shots no problem. Then my bud Weasel noticed during that round the 12 gram holder was hissing a bit. No problem just tighten it up. Next 12 gram and it acted up a little with the feeding. I chopped a ball it was just stuck half way down. Take down the front end and clean it. Oil the 12 gram holder. But at this point I tried the direct feed and screwed in my tank that had maybe 1000 PSI in it. Shot like ten shots and it worked fine. It seems to like compressed air better than C02. It came with carbon fiber rods and I thought I had them change it to SS. I going to send an E-mail and see if he will ship them to me. Also I think the issue on the feed in the hard 90 of the feed itself. Just to abrupt. That or the détente. Has any one tried the gun with out the détente yet? Can you use a sized barrel instead? Just a thought. Feyd.................
Old 09-08-2011, 08:12 PM   #6737 (permalink)
Banned

PPS Fan
The rods are press fit into the front breech part that moves. So getting the regular rods won't do you any good, as you would need that front breech part for the press fit rods.
teh dead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 08:25 PM   #6738 (permalink)
Limited paint FTW

Brass and Wood Fan
Going on what Feyd said about the bucket changer leaking, I've noticed on mine that it is very easy to accidentally turn it a little and make the bucket changer start leaking.
Old 09-08-2011, 08:30 PM   #6739 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Haven't got to take er to the field yet but all three of mine seem to shoot reballs just fine in all configurations; OC, SC, Co2, and compressed air. Overall, one of the most comfortable guns to hold, pump and shoot. Love the slider trigger and aluminum frame. Will see after the weekend though.

https://i761.photobucket.com/albums/x...r/P1010668.jpg
https://i761.photobucket.com/albums/x...r/P1010670.jpg
https://i761.photobucket.com/albums/x...r/P1010673.jpg
https://i761.photobucket.com/albums/x...r/P1010674.jpg
Old 09-08-2011, 08:55 PM   #6740 (permalink)
Boom. Yummy

Brass and Wood Fan
Kilt Club
Just unwrapped mine. Does anyone else's seem to not engage the trigger if you cock it while it pointed straight up?

Still need to gas it up.

I think I need to put a big ole sergi humpback grip frame on it to move my hand back so my thumb doeasn't need to move so far back to thumbcock.
dundadun is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Pump Markers