mcarterbrown.com  

Scenarios and Big Games Scenario and Big Game information, upcoming events, and small talk

Old 07-28-2016, 10:37 AM   #21 (permalink)
Started in '89

Thanks for the reports. I had shooting matches both Saturday and Sunday so couldn't make either day.

It is sad what the big games at HSI have turned into. I played my first paintball game ever at the monster game in 89. I hit every Monster and Tippmann vs the world game from 89 through 99 or so. Back then there were close to a thousand players for each game, Thunderdome games at lunch break, BYOP, deuce and a half trucks for player transport, a tank/halftrack now and then and even a real helicopter one time. I couldn't wait for the next big game to roll around. Too bad some rotten paint and high prices killed the games.

I think they are heading in the right direction with the $50 GI paint getting them closer in pricing to other fields. Maybe they could get back some of their glory if they went to pre registration $35 case paint for the big games and actually get the word out about the games. There is only this thread and one on PBN about the Monster game, I expected to find more .
Flash74 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Scenarios and Big Games