mcarterbrown.com  

Scenarios and Big Games Scenario and Big Game information, upcoming events, and small talk

Old 11-21-2017, 01:26 PM   #111 (permalink)
MCB Member

Paint:
I agree, Valken paint these past two years has been upsetting. I shot Graffiti both years and I think the Graffiti shot a bit better this year, but had to overbore the paint in order to prevent barrel breaks.
I do not believe field owners "get the short end of the stick" at all - they just want to make the most money possible however that is possible.
They might get shafted because World Cup is the week before Fulda every year, so premium paint goes down to FL for that event. I just wished they would haul whatever is left over and let us shoot the premium stuff the week after.
I'd be down to preorder premium paint.
Sfy03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 01:41 PM   #112 (permalink)
Triggerfish PB

I shot about a case plus a bag with a DM all weekend with the Graffiti and had zero problems with it. There were some dimples but it didn't seem to alter the flight. I didn't notice too many bounces from players I shot, had a fare amount of bounces on me.
ih8cornnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 02:22 PM   #113 (permalink)

The paint used at cup wouldn't survive the bolt impact a tippmann delivers I reckon, especially at low temps. I do understand why they offer the lower grade paint and I don't think it's because they can't get redemption pro or HK Supreme or 5 star that goes to cup. Redemption would probably survive just fine out of most markers other than blowbacks as long as it isn't out in the cold overnight.

I did mention this to one of the guys at the paint truck on Saturday, and he suggested a lack of demand to be the case. If that's true, I have to assume a lot of players just aren't aware of how big of a difference a better case of paint can make in your day.
uglyduckling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 12:15 AM   #114 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

I was shooting fate and it was a total blender in my DAM. I swapped over to my TM7 and had no issues. I hit a guy 4x in the chest with first strikes at a distance he could still reach me with paint and watched all 4 bounce off.
Old 11-22-2017, 04:41 AM   #115 (permalink)
BAAaaaaaaaa!

I was shooting an axe, with the higher cost paint. The only issue I had was after a move under heavy fire, I dumped a pod into my hopper, mid game on Saturday, when I started to shoot my paint was all over and then the gun quit shooting.
Opened the hopper to find a bunch of broken paint, later realized that a first strike had punched a hole in my pod before I dumped it.

Granted, these are older pods and it was a little cold, so I wrote it off more to that than a hard first strike.

God is Great, Beer is Good, and People are Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilerman View Post
"Silence...I'll bunker you!"
Sic Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
Hands down record holder for the largest purchase ever from BigMatt
Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 11:43 AM   #116 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by n2extreme1 View Post
I was shooting fate and it was a total blender in my DAM.
That's probably a gun issue not a paint issue.
Old 11-22-2017, 12:52 PM   #117 (permalink)
WVU paintball #19

One interesting event happened to me with the refs:

I had been shot out and was walking back to respawn. I got shot about 4 times from a player that was almost 150 feet away and it hurt BAD. I looked under my jersey and 3 of the shots had broken my skin and I was bleeding. The player was shooting Graffiti so I knew it wasn't just the crappy Fate. So I literally walked up the hill to find a ref, passing through their lines and getting shot a few more times. I found a ref standing 20 feet away from the player who shot me. I politely showed him my arm, told him the distance from which I'd been shot, pointed out the player who did it, and explained that I had already been out when this happened and I wasn't trying to get back at the player who tagged me out. These are exactly the last words we exchanged...

Me: "Ref, I'm pretty sure that player is shooting very hot" *points at players*

Ref: "Yeah, a lot of people are doing that" *refs walks away*

That's unsafe and the ref didn't even care. That, coupled with the fact that Fulda keeps letting Valken bring HORRIBLE paint to the event, makes me very hesitant to ever go back.
minimag03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 01:01 PM   #118 (permalink)
WVU paintball #19

Some of my Graffiti had dimples on 3 sides of the ball! How did Valken even manage to do that?

It was also breaking in my guns with a proper underbore. I ended up having to use a .680/.684 when it really needed .675, so I wasn't able to reliably use my cockers. Once I switched to the larger bore in my Axe I didn't have any problems besides every 5th ball taking wild curves.

I'd be willing to pay $80-$90 per case for Redemption at Fulda. I'd even preorder it like someone mentioned before. Anyone with that paint could clean up a field if the other players had the standard Fate/Graffiti. The Redemption I got from Valken at last year was immaculate (they claimed that it was leftovers from Cup or something); all the same bore size, round, +/-2 over the chrono, could handle an underbore, etc. When I finally got a case of it on Saturday I must have shot 10 people in my first hour. That also makes me pissed, because it shows that Valken does know how to make quality paint, they just don't bother for events like Fulda.
Old 11-22-2017, 01:34 PM   #119 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by minimag03 View Post
I'd be willing to pay $80-$90 per case for Redemption at Fulda
You're insane

I only say that after having bought redemption pro at 35/case certain tourney events...

$65? I'd pay that happily for redemption.

Last edited by uglyduckling; 11-22-2017 at 01:57 PM.
Old 11-22-2017, 01:46 PM   #120 (permalink)
WVU paintball #19

We'd never get the field to even consider Redemption for Fulda if we aren't willing to pay more for it. If I'm already paying $70 for complete garbage Graffiti, then I'd much rather pay the extra $10-$20 and have a much better day of paintball. I realize that's a high price, but it's not like their other paint was exactly cheap either.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Scenarios and Big Games