mcarterbrown.com  

Scenarios and Big Games Scenario and Big Game information, upcoming events, and small talk

Old 06-05-2019, 06:24 PM   #51 (permalink)
Freelance Aphorist

CCM Fan
I won't make it this year. This'll be the first one I have missed since I started going in 2011. Sadness...
Old 06-05-2019, 09:41 PM   #52 (permalink)

Registered with 172nd wsrsaw
tacodorifto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 11:03 PM   #53 (permalink)
MCB Member

Will be registering with 117th Warsaw this year. NATO the past (2) years and excited to go back to Warsaw! FOR MOTHER RUSSIA!!!!!
Sfy03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 09:02 AM   #54 (permalink)
MCB Member

My team has been pulled to warsaw. 120th
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc Zox View Post
people should not watch laws, sausage & markers being made
Mr.Rush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 04:18 AM   #55 (permalink)

How early do you guys recommend getting there in order to obtain a campsite?
nucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 09:02 AM   #56 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Playing Warsaw. East German infantry.
Old 06-25-2019, 09:55 AM   #57 (permalink)
mag shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nucks View Post
How early do you guys recommend getting there in order to obtain a campsite?
now lol

My shop page: Bearded Works

feedback(https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html)
superman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 12:03 PM   #58 (permalink)
One Foot Less

Quote:
Originally Posted by superman View Post
now lol
This isn't wrong.

A few suggestions I make in regard to the camping and parking situation. Try to stay on the upper right hand side of the field unless you have a four wheel drive or very capable (of not getting stuck) vehicle if it has been raining. From the center of the camping area on down the left side was such that I saw quite a few people get stuck. Also DO NOT park out on the road. The police/township will tow you off.
Best bet is to try and get there as early as possible and camp on the back right side. Bring everything you could possibly need with so you don't have to leave and just be prepared to be patient getting out. The reason I say this....we camped on the side nearest the road. It was convenient in other ways, however the walk wiped me out before the game had a chance to. A lot of people bring carts or wheelers to get back and forth. By the end I was dragging *** so hard that a few drivers of them took pity on me and rode me back to camp.
Old 06-25-2019, 12:06 PM   #59 (permalink)
mag shooter

We did it right last year. Had 1 base cap setup near the spawn. Had 10+ people putting out of a tent/truck for the guy camping during the day and left all the vehicles up front where you could easily get out when it dried up. Hopefully they put some more rock down for the roads in and out. It was pretty sketchy for some of the cars.

My shop page: Bearded Works

feedback(https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html)
superman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 02:14 PM   #60 (permalink)
Midget Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to cfos00

Check out my second article on getting there early, but here's the cliff notes version.

I got there last year on Thursday night, probably around 8PM or so. There were a few of the bigger campsites already taken, but it was empty enough that you could stake a claim and have a good amount of space on NATO or Warsaw's sides. If you come in Friday by the afternoon, you are ok. If you get in Friday night, you're playing with fire in terms of getting anywhere you'd want. You're likely to have a bit of competition in getting a spot you want. If you come in Sat, you're getting stuck somewhere and won't have any say in it.

In terms of setting a staging point, this is what I've done and my team has done. Take a car and park that puppy as close to the air stations as possible. Those spots near the road or one column in are good. If you go further down, it may get more muddy. If you're renting, pay for the SUV upgrade. It will help. Don't move that car, and use it for staging. You'll really be thankful for that later.

Also, if you come in Sat, get there a couple hours early. Not kidding, the parking lot alone can take a good 20 minutes just to get from the front to a spot. Then you have big lines to register, big lines for air, and big lines to chrono. You can get air and chrono the day before if you get there Friday. Oddly enough, paint is usually pretty quick. But get there earlier than you would most big games.
cfos00 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Scenarios and Big Games