mcarterbrown.com  

Old 03-08-2017, 12:19 PM   #1 (permalink)
phy
MCB Member

LB on hpa

So I'm looking for a little advice on getting my lb project shooting up to speed on hpa. Yes I know what I'm getting myself into.

Here's some background on the project. I got bit by the brass bug again and picked up a cut p68at sans the at stuff with the intent to rebarrel it and run it on hpa. I've finished the hot work, rebarreling it with a walz style freak setup and drilled out the transfer port to 1/4". It works great on co2 so it's time for a valve job.

I'my trying to figure out the best way forward. Should I open up the stock valve guide drilling out out ala a turbo valve, or just buy a palmer's one? and if I go the palmer's route get their sheridan valve guide or the one for their brass guns. I'm assuming the difference is the on for their custom guns needs the cocker style valve retaining screw on the bottom tube to align it.

Andy
phy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 08:33 PM   #2 (permalink)
phy
MCB Member

Talked with Ty and he pointed me in the right direction. Also pics.

Old 03-08-2017, 08:41 PM   #3 (permalink)

Brass and Wood Fan
He's the man! And that looks beautiful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurtCow View Post
Happens to me every time I go down on my sister. I told her to take care of that ****.

(Wait... what section is this in?!?)
babshaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 09:21 AM   #4 (permalink)
Some People Juggle Geese

That's pretty good looking. Next pump day you, Jon, and I should use out LBs in a game together. Did you drill out the ASA yet for a RVA? Or use an adjustable hammer?

Also is the set screw on your bolt wide open?
When I worked in the county prison, all my pals among the correctional officer staff were always talking about how they needed a large(r) caliber handgun in case they were confronted by someone on "PCP" or "Angel dust".

Now... all they talk about is zombies.
netsurferdude2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 09:33 AM   #5 (permalink)
phy
MCB Member

The set screw is wide open. I've not drilled out the rva yet. Planning to do that when I make a trip to the drill press but I want to do the valve mods at the same time. Also still to do is make something to retain and index the barrel and install the front sight.

I need to do something about the pump handle too, it's been cut rather jaggedly and it digs into the hand. Titus used to have delrin versions but those seem to be gone. Anyone know a source? Would like to do the full 6" version.

While I'm at it the grip is slightly bent. What are my chances of bending it back with out cracking it? Part of me wants to put a cf mag frame on there with a nice set walnut wrap arounds.
Old 03-09-2017, 09:47 AM   #6 (permalink)
Brass Monkey Customs

Brass and Wood Fan
Kilt Club
Looking good!

Ty

Brass Monkey Customs

Brass Freak, Freak XL compatible and Equation inserts in .670, .678, and .685

Still selling brass tubing, with .678 barrel stock available!

My feedback: MCB - eBay - AO

Follow Brass Monkey Customs on Instagram and Facebook (work in progress)
tymcneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 09:52 AM   #7 (permalink)
Stay Stock Classy

Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
That's a clean looking freak setup! Where'd you get the thumb screw for the grip frame?
Old 03-09-2017, 09:55 AM   #8 (permalink)
Some People Juggle Geese

Quote:
Originally Posted by phy View Post
The set screw is wide open. I've not drilled out the rva yet. Planning to do that when I make a trip to the drill press but I want to do the valve mods at the same time. Also still to do is make something to retain and index the barrel and install the front sight.

I need to do something about the pump handle too, it's been cut rather jaggedly and it digs into the hand. Titus used to have delrin versions but those seem to be gone. Anyone know a source? Would like to do the full 6" version.

While I'm at it the grip is slightly bent. What are my chances of bending it back with out cracking it? Part of me wants to put a cf mag frame on there with a nice set walnut wrap arounds.
I'd say palmers would be the place for the pump handle.

What is bent on the grip frame?
When I worked in the county prison, all my pals among the correctional officer staff were always talking about how they needed a large(r) caliber handgun in case they were confronted by someone on "PCP" or "Angel dust".

Now... all they talk about is zombies.
netsurferdude2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 10:19 AM   #9 (permalink)
phy
MCB Member

I have no idea what the origin of the thumb screw is, it came with the marker. I originally thought it was for a mag, its the right shape and a hex for a allen wrench, but it's too short. It also has an oring on the bottom. I'll pop up some pics when I get a chance.

You can barely see it in the pics but the bottom of the frame is pushed back a little, about 1/16th" or so. It's enough that if I make a nice set of grips it'll bother the hell out of me.
Old 03-09-2017, 11:00 AM   #10 (permalink)
Stay Stock Classy

Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
Sounds like it's from a phantom, but I don't know if the threads on those are for 8-32 like on a Sheridan.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Sheridan