mcarterbrown.com  

Sidearms Bring on the Pistols! From Splatmasters to modern day semi-auto pistols.

Old 11-10-2016, 04:42 PM   #1 (permalink)

Tiberius T8 vs. RAP4 t68 pistols

I've got a t68 pistol and a tiberius t8 in my hands currently. I've been doing paintball stuff for a long time but never really tried pistols in game. What are your thoughts on the t68 vs. the t8? I'm concerned on how many mags I'm gonna need to carry along with how fast/easy it is to reload and stuff. With the t68 I have the 10 round tubes and I only have 1 extra mag for my t8? Any suggestions, tips, or advice?
Deruen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 06:17 PM   #2 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

I have a zeus so similar setup with tubes.

I really like my pistol, but I'm a fan of blow backs. I find it pretty easy to manage the tubes.
I run them in a molle pouch on my carrier vest and in the molle itself.

The T8 mags would definitely be faster to switch between though since you reload gas and paint by mag.

If you run remote you can get pretty quick with tubes. Nice that they are cheap to.
Spyder E-MR5 - for those huge scenario games
seajay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 07:55 PM   #3 (permalink)
Voted most ball-fondliest

If you've only got 1 Tiberius mag, you won't have a good time. Unfortunately, those mags are expensive and heavy; they're the Achilles heel of the T8 pistols.
My feedback: MCB / eBay
freedummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 08:30 PM   #4 (permalink)

I agree with the above, I wouldn't recommend playing with less than 3 mags for the t8. reloading the mags in game is terribly slow and requires juggling 3 things (gun, mag and tube) if youre not running a holster... i shot you a pm at the other place. hit me up, i have a spare mag holster and pouches etc i could sell you for cheap if you want to see how much you like pistol play.
Jaiofspam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 12:31 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedummy View Post
If you've only got 1 Tiberius mag, you won't have a good time. Unfortunately, those mags are expensive and heavy; they're the Achilles heel of the T8 pistols.
I don't mind weight really. I used to play center with a 2001 angel+a big steely and more which ended being like 10 pounds or more easily.
Old 11-12-2016, 12:35 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by seajay View Post
I have a zeus so similar setup with tubes.

I really like my pistol, but I'm a fan of blow backs. I find it pretty easy to manage the tubes.
I run them in a molle pouch on my carrier vest and in the molle itself.

The T8 mags would definitely be faster to switch between though since you reload gas and paint by mag.

If you run remote you can get pretty quick with tubes. Nice that they are cheap to.
Out of curiosity, what do you mean by blowbacks? I was also thinking about getting a pouch ir something too, I just don't know if I should stick with the t68 or T8. The mags are definitely faster but I also dont know how much of a difference that will make in pistol play. I've been trying to find time to go paintballing but I've been so busy -.-
Old 11-12-2016, 12:38 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaiofspam View Post
I agree with the above, I wouldn't recommend playing with less than 3 mags for the t8. reloading the mags in game is terribly slow and requires juggling 3 things (gun, mag and tube) if youre not running a holster... i shot you a pm at the other place. hit me up, i have a spare mag holster and pouches etc i could sell you for cheap if you want to see how much you like pistol play.

I must have never gotten that pm O.o that's weird. Thanks for the suggestion as well.
Old 11-12-2016, 07:21 AM   #8 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deruen View Post
Out of curiosity, what do you mean by blowbacks? I was also thinking about getting a pouch ir something too, I just don't know if I should stick with the t68 or T8. The mags are definitely faster but I also dont know how much of a difference that will make in pistol play. I've been trying to find time to go paintballing but I've been so busy -.-
T68 uses a stacked blow back valve like a spyder.
If you play against someone with mags they can reload pretty quick. But you do need a lot of them.
Spyder E-MR5 - for those huge scenario games
seajay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 05:42 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by seajay View Post
T68 uses a stacked blow back valve like a spyder.
If you play against someone with mags they can reload pretty quick. But you do need a lot of them.
Ah ok thanks
Old 11-12-2016, 07:35 PM   #10 (permalink)
Voted most ball-fondliest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deruen View Post
I don't mind weight really. I used to play center with a 2001 angel+a big steely and more which ended being like 10 pounds or more easily.
Absolutely, it can be done and the weight is less noticeable when its distributed around your body. I've got t8.1s and 10 mags and its a hefty setup, but I like it. I just would never have dove into it if I hadn't gotten a smoking deal on it all.
My feedback: MCB / eBay
freedummy is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Sidearms