mcarterbrown.com  

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-07-2014, 11:18 AM   #1 (permalink)
Buzz Killington
 
Scharfschutze91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Colorado Springs, CO

Reviving the central florida pump/magfed/pistol meet ups

Anyone down to do this again? Make it a yearly or bi-yearly event? Once in the fall and once in the spring?

It would always be CFP in lakeland to make it central to all.

pump, pistol, magfed and mechanical only

DATES:
I was thinking perhaps a yearly game the last Saturday of October as a halloween game. And maybe a spring game like the first saturday of april.

NEED:
if we can get 10 people to commit that should be worth the drive. If we can get 15+ that would be amazing!
__________________
United States Army Artillery Officer

"We will not be intimidated. We will not back down. We have seen war. We don't want war. But if you want war with the United States of America, there is one thing I can promise you, so help me God. Someone ELSE will raise your sons and daughters." - Staff Sergeant David Bellavia

Last edited by Scharfschutze91; 10-07-2014 at 05:29 PM.
Scharfschutze91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 05:10 PM   #2 (permalink)
Active Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012

Am in........
Sumo64c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 05:18 PM   #3 (permalink)
Post Whore
 
chrislognshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006

i can come down. but still can not play. so best thing for me to do is take pictures if had good camera.
__________________
pc steam handle chrisfallout666
chrislognshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 05:25 PM   #4 (permalink)
Post Whore
 
Kahnif's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Lake Tahoe

I can come if it is before mid December
__________________
Feedback
Kahnif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 05:28 PM   #5 (permalink)
Buzz Killington
 
Scharfschutze91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Colorado Springs, CO

I was thinking perhaps a yearly game the last Saturday of October as a halloween game. And maybe a spring game like the first saturday of april.
__________________
United States Army Artillery Officer

"We will not be intimidated. We will not back down. We have seen war. We don't want war. But if you want war with the United States of America, there is one thing I can promise you, so help me God. Someone ELSE will raise your sons and daughters." - Staff Sergeant David Bellavia
Scharfschutze91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 08:51 AM   #6 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba
 
Deuce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Orlando, FL
Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scharfschutze91 View Post
Anyone down to do this again? Make it a yearly or bi-yearly event? Once in the fall and once in the spring?

It would always be CFP in lakeland to make it central to all.

pump, pistol, magfed and mechanical only

DATES:
I was thinking perhaps a yearly game the last Saturday of October as a halloween game. And maybe a spring game like the first saturday of april.

NEED:
if we can get 10 people to commit that should be worth the drive. If we can get 15+ that would be amazing!
MIAPat, So that means you'll actually show this time around? I feel like I'm experiencing deja vu here.
__________________
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 09:22 AM   #7 (permalink)
Buzz Killington
 
Scharfschutze91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Colorado Springs, CO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
MIAPat, So that means you'll actually show this time around? I feel like I'm experiencing deja vu here.
if we do it once a year or twice, i can definitely make it. Especially since i'll be the one hosting it. And if we stick to the last saturday in october, I will have no problem making it. No tests, or finals ever.

The problem last time was that once a month or even every other month started taking a toll on my wallet and I couldn't do that. But even Bi yearly works. Spring may just be iffy for me. So bet to do it yearly in october. August is another good month for me, since I don't have anything going on then, but it is too close to october, and simply too damn hot.
__________________
United States Army Artillery Officer

"We will not be intimidated. We will not back down. We have seen war. We don't want war. But if you want war with the United States of America, there is one thing I can promise you, so help me God. Someone ELSE will raise your sons and daughters." - Staff Sergeant David Bellavia

Last edited by Scharfschutze91; 10-08-2014 at 09:27 AM.
Scharfschutze91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 11:38 AM   #8 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba
 
Deuce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Orlando, FL
Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scharfschutze91 View Post
if we do it once a year or twice, i can definitely make it. Especially since i'll be the one hosting it. And if we stick to the last saturday in october, I will have no problem making it. No tests, or finals ever.

The problem last time was that once a month or even every other month started taking a toll on my wallet and I couldn't do that. But even Bi yearly works. Spring may just be iffy for me. So bet to do it yearly in october. August is another good month for me, since I don't have anything going on then, but it is too close to october, and simply too damn hot.
Hmm. I only recall you making one of the dozens of meets we held. You did say you organized that particular one (at what was then OCP), but nobody at the field had any clue to expect us when we showed, so we basically had to self ref all day. You even left early, iirc. I think the wallet strain at the time was another part of your personal life, not that single meet up.

Anyhow, I'm not trying to derail here, just more or less trying to watch out for people that may be considering travelling for a meet so they don't end up playing alone.

(Bring friends)
__________________
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 11:43 AM   #9 (permalink)
Buzz Killington
 
Scharfschutze91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Colorado Springs, CO

That's always a thing. With the OCP thing I don't know what the hell happened that day because I had called 2 weeks ahead and spoke to some lady in charge there. I should have called the week of though to remind them. That was my fault and I do take blame for that. If we can get 15 or so people who want to do it, I would love to get a meet going on. It would be good to see all you guys again and meet some new faces from here and the community in the South East.

And I think I went to two of them with you, Deuce. Not sure. But I think I went to 4 of them overall.
__________________
United States Army Artillery Officer

"We will not be intimidated. We will not back down. We have seen war. We don't want war. But if you want war with the United States of America, there is one thing I can promise you, so help me God. Someone ELSE will raise your sons and daughters." - Staff Sergeant David Bellavia
Scharfschutze91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 06:27 PM   #10 (permalink)
Semper Fi
 
gainman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
im in. bringing beer.
__________________
Feedback

ANGELS FOR LIFE!!!
gainman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Local Games » Southeast

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO
© MCB Network LLC