mcarterbrown.com  

Old 12-08-2014, 04:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
Red=Moderator

Load-out

Well I'm just getting started.... under the christmas tree is an Evike Package... Matrix "Aim Top" Custom player pack. M4 Carbine, battery, 4 mags total.
Evike.com - The Ultimate Airsoft Retailer & Distributor - Airsoft Guns, Rifles, Parts & Accessories, Tactical Gear - Airsoft Superstore

I have an oldschool Blackhawk Chest Harness in tan.... and my green and white hawaiian shirt

I need to pick up at least another battery and a barrel bag..... and more bb's.

E
Schmitti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 08:43 PM   #2 (permalink)
Red=Moderator

Crappy pics of some of my gear....

Lids... one to protect me from everything I run into (with JT's)... the other for sunny more open fields:
Name:  load_out_lids.jpg
Views: 703
Size:  145.5 KB

Battle Rattle Bag... with 3L Source hydration pouch... Old School Camelback bag.
Name:  load_out_camelback.jpg
Views: 674
Size:  96.7 KB

Oldschool Blackhawk Chest rig....
Name:  load_out_blackhawk_chest.jpg
Views: 681
Size:  143.7 KB

E
Attached Images

Old 12-11-2014, 09:39 PM   #3 (permalink)
Underdog? I got your back

Damn it Eric, if you keep posting up I may have to try my hand at airsoft. I'll post up a pick of my "load out" when I can take one. I have a KWA PTP M9 with two mags and IWB holster and mag carrier. I got it to drill with, but I have always thought it would be fun to go play walk on with nothing showing in staging.
One thing I found was the velocity is so high, I had to get 38g BB's before they would fly straight at any significant distance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PitBull View Post
i think the phantom needle is in my arm for good now..
Feedback
RatFink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 08:29 AM   #4 (permalink)
Doesn't care (/◕ヮ◕)/

CCM Fan
So not fair, I wish we had a few dedicated airsoft places to play here. It seems like the most fun looking fields are airsoft only due to the amout of cover and cleaning involved. Would absolutely love an indoor or outdoor field set up with tons of close quarters stuff. Would be fun just running around with a full auto pistol in tight areas.

I don't always play pump, but when I do, I prefer a rotor.....stay agg my friends.
JLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 08:36 AM   #5 (permalink)
Red=Moderator

Play on guys!

My gear is all hand me down from a friend in the service... my Helmet is my old bike helmet that the hard foam liner detached from.. no good anymore for safe cycling, but perfect as a bump cap in airsoft... and yes it looks tacticool and no I won't take the pig sticker off... that came from the guy that gave me the bag and chest rig.

I figure I would play next year and make sure I really enjoyed things before putting too much money into anything other than bb's and another battery.

As to Pistols... yeah some shoot way to hot. There were a couple I looked at that would only be usable as a sniper at the field near me as they velocity on them is so high!

A few of the guys I know that play both paintball and airsoft have bought some of the CYMA AK "pistols" (short barrel and no stock) as they aren't used to using a stock and still use their full paintball mask. They are also super affordable.

E
Old 12-15-2014, 02:44 PM   #6 (permalink)
Doesn't care (/◕ヮ◕)/

CCM Fan
How good are you with gun brands? Any idea why a tokyo marui hi capa is so hard to find?

Local field has airsoft days once a month and I'd love a pistol to run around with and to plink around at the house with. The more I look it seems the hi capa platform is the most customizable/upgradable one, TM is the big dog and all the rest are clones of it. Problem is ebay is showing up no hits on used ones and pretty much all stores are sold out of the TM hi capa. Any help, are they always sold out often like that or is it just due to the holidays?

I don't always play pump, but when I do, I prefer a rotor.....stay agg my friends.
Old 12-15-2014, 02:57 PM   #7 (permalink)
Red=Moderator

TM is one of the original AEG (Automatic Electric Gun) manufacturers. They are very nice,made in japan with excellent QA/QC, but are expensive and have a lower FPS in comparison to the cheaper Chinese guns. Kids favor the higher FPS and low $ when they get a gun over durability/quality.

THat being said there seem to be some nice affordable guns out there that are Chinese made.

Try Airsoft GI or evike or airsoft atlanta or even Airsoft Elite in the US first. If they don't have what you want for a TM pistol you can usually order them direct from places like Redwolf Airsoft or ehobby and possibly Airsoft Gun Club. Or from brick and mortar stores like DEN Trinity Shop in Japan... DEN Trinity has made some awesome custom guns!

Trying to find TM AEG guns in the US is hard and there are only a few places that carry them (looks like evike is going to get some soon) and there are fewer available models to choose from.

Basically... the market is flooded with cheap Chinese clones and the TM is backing of sales in the US because of it.

E

Last edited by Schmitti; 12-15-2014 at 03:01 PM.
Old 12-15-2014, 03:21 PM   #8 (permalink)
Doesn't care (/◕ヮ◕)/

CCM Fan
Kinda doesn't suprize me. Oh well guess I'll keep my eye open. I don't mind paying a bit extra for a place that has it for sale here, also not to mention it's showing something like 40 dollars shipping for the overseas places. My main focus is to upgrade and tinker with this thing later and it seems the majority of parts may not fit the other hi capa ones.

Old 12-15-2014, 03:27 PM   #9 (permalink)
Red=Moderator

Honestly other than a full metal frame/slide and replacement bucking (for back spin) I'm not sure what more you will want to do... well I'm sure I could imagine it if I tried.

I'm less tempted to do too much smithing on airsoft stuff than paintball... but I'm sure once I fart around with things more I will be less timid and will be eager to split gearboxes open!

E
Old 12-15-2014, 03:31 PM   #10 (permalink)
Red=Moderator

Also... stay away from WE guns as I've heard the mags are crud.

KWA should be a fine alternative to TM.

Some of the other stuff is junk from what I understand. I've looked at getting some of the Non-blowback CO2 guns as just something to have as a SHHtF piece.

E

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Special BB Squad (Airsoft)