mcarterbrown.com  

Old 10-05-2019, 09:38 PM   #1 (permalink)

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
Brand new tipx leak

Hi all,

My new tipx worked great for several games then when I changed a 12 gram and pulled the trigger to puncture the new 12 gram it leaked out of the back and would not fire? I attempted to adjust pressure relief valve but no Allen wrench fits?? Did something change in the newer tipxs?
Bubkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 11:34 PM   #2 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Was the leak out that section (adjustment)...or "inside" like below the adjustment screw
NYKNIGHT01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 11:36 PM   #3 (permalink)

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
Leak appears to be inside that area , not blowing out from there
Old 10-06-2019, 12:54 PM   #4 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

May be the firing pin assembly...it's mounted to the bottom area back there...
Old 10-06-2019, 08:16 PM   #5 (permalink)

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
I ordered a parts kit and 2x spare firing pins so I’ll try to fix it this week. Any reason why my marker/tipxs in general could have issues so quickly? I can’t say I’m very confident in heading to field with any plans to play with my tipx all day. Do you have any recommended maintenance that I should do on a new tipx to make it more reliable?
Old 10-07-2019, 02:35 PM   #6 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Had mine for a few years and no issues..fixed a few and the only thing I ever saw as an issue was people not knowing how to set the overpressure / fps adjuster properly.
Pins get screwed up when people put the marker back together improperly.
Other than that....this has been a super reliable marker. They hate tourney paint so there's that!
Once and a while...I'll use an eye droper and set a drop or two on the pierce pin before air up.
Old 10-07-2019, 04:49 PM   #7 (permalink)
Super Legit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubkat View Post
I ordered a parts kit and 2x spare firing pins so Iíll try to fix it this week. Any reason why my marker/tipxs in general could have issues so quickly? I canít say Iím very confident in heading to field with any plans to play with my tipx all day. Do you have any recommended maintenance that I should do on a new tipx to make it more reliable?
Quote:
Any reason why my marker/tipxs in general could have issues so quickly? I canít say Iím very confident in heading to field with any plans to play with my tipx all day.
Because tippmann tried to copy a agd design but didn't do as good of a job as agd did

Imo the firing pin assembly is the Achilles heel of the marker, the o rings are tiny, are typically not available at shops/fields and are so specific they can't be replaced with a ring that is a different material/durometer (I've tried). Since they are urathane rings if they sit for a while they go bad

I don't think there is currently a good pistol made if you ask me

That aside, if I were forced to choose I'd still go with the TIPX

^^^ If you are new to the sport and need help finding gear, click here!!!^^^

feedback: https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Trbo323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 07:56 PM   #8 (permalink)

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
Today I took the tipx apart and looked at the firing pin; which didn’t seem bent. There was however some tiny amount of pink substance (maybe paint)around the outside of the pin which I cleaned off. The marker worked for about 10 shots then stopped working again; so I think I’m on the right track to fixing it. I can see how the clamshell design can be clunky when teching the marker; however overall it didn’t seem too complex so I’m more optimistic about the Tipx.
Old 10-08-2019, 08:51 PM   #9 (permalink)
Super Legit

Quote:
Today I took the tipx apart and looked at the firing pin; which didnít seem bent. There was however some tiny amount of pink substance (maybe paint)around the outside of the pin which I cleaned off. The marker worked for about 10 shots then stopped working again; so I think Iím on the right track to fixing it. I can see how the clamshell design can be clunky when teching the marker; however overall it didnít seem too complex so Iím more optimistic about the Tipx.
Sounds like the rings are going bad in the firing pin assembly.

What happens is the o rings go bad and cause more friction on the firing pin. When that happens it will fire but not reset. Open it up and chances are the pin will be in the forward position (towards the front of the marker) at rest it should be to the back

^^^ If you are new to the sport and need help finding gear, click here!!!^^^

feedback: https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Trbo323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 04:06 PM   #10 (permalink)

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
Still waiting on my parts kit to arrive. Took the tipx apart again and removed the firing pin guide and noticed only reminants of a red o-ring on the end. Do I just replace this o ring or do I need a new guide? I also attempted Teflon tape which didn’t work.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Tippmann