mcarterbrown.com  

Old 12-02-2019, 05:30 PM   #1 (permalink)

Tippmann 98 Magwell Custom Rig

Hey folks,

I lost my old login with a forum I once saved. There was a modder who cut through an old Tippmann 98 and cleared away the aluminum body for a magazine. To be honest, I can't remember what mags they were or how far back it was. But I remember the bottom getting shaved off and a D hole for FSRs right around where the front grip once was. If anyone could like me to that or find pictures of something similar I would really appreciate it!

***PLEASE do not direct my to RAP4/MCS Blizzard mods or the Side mounts for TiPX/Zeta mags. I'm very familiar with these, as I own both. I want to alter the origal body for a permanent DAM mag well.***

THANK YOU!
TDAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 06:14 PM   #2 (permalink)
COB
MCB Member

Take a look in the Gallery section at COBs Creations. There is an assortment of guns all modified for mag use. Custom modified not factory kits. I have moded 98, carbines, pro lights, carver one, JT Raiders, BT 4s, Valken SW1s, hammer, hammer 7, traccer. I have them in TPX/Zeta, dam mag, Dmag, rap4 helix and round head mags. Anything is possible.
COB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 06:17 PM   #3 (permalink)
Super Legit

Quote:
Originally Posted by COB View Post
Take a look in the Gallery section at COBs Creations. There is an assortment of guns all modified for mag use. Custom modified not factory kits. I have moded 98, carbines, pro lights, carver one, JT Raiders, BT 4s, Valken SW1s, hammer, hammer 7, traccer. I have them in TPX/Zeta, dam mag, Dmag, rap4 helix and round head mags. Anything is possible.
Where is this?

^^^ If you are new to the sport and need help finding gear, click here!!!^^^

feedback: https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Trbo323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 06:35 PM   #4 (permalink)
COB
MCB Member

MCB gallery. COB Creations. Please don't ask for link, I am a caveman who types with one finger
Old 12-02-2019, 06:41 PM   #5 (permalink)
COB
MCB Member

Search under user name COB
Old 12-02-2019, 06:53 PM   #6 (permalink)

I did find it! These are awesome. (Link for anyone else looking: https://www.mcarterbrown.com/gallery...searchid=11441)

Do you have any pictures of the underside of some of those BT or Tippmann 98's showing where they were cut?
Old 12-02-2019, 07:01 PM   #7 (permalink)
Super Legit

Ok that explains it. I use a app to view the forum and the galleries are not part of it so I couldn't view it without that link

How do you secure the mag Wells on? I was looking at the ft12. And are the wells printed or so you have to sacrifice another marker to get it?

^^^ If you are new to the sport and need help finding gear, click here!!!^^^

feedback: https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html

Last edited by Trbo323; 12-02-2019 at 07:04 PM.
Trbo323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 07:03 PM   #8 (permalink)
COB
MCB Member

Most of the mag wells are modified purchased products for Tippmann, RAP4 or Dye. Some are printed from various vendor. Most of the left feed STEN types are NOVA Tactical. Not sure they are in business any longer. Some are bolted or screwed in place. Some are 2 part epoxy in place. I can post pics of some shells prepped for mags to show placement. If you want to use a DAM mag well, keep in mind it feeds from the back portion, where RAP would feed from the front. This means that for a 98 mod the mag well would extend forward under the barrel to line up with the correct feed location.
Old 12-04-2019, 07:46 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by COB View Post
Most of the mag wells are modified purchased products for Tippmann, RAP4 or Dye. Some are printed from various vendor. Most of the left feed STEN types are NOVA Tactical. Not sure they are in business any longer. Some are bolted or screwed in place. Some are 2 part epoxy in place. I can post pics of some shells prepped for mags to show placement. If you want to use a DAM mag well, keep in mind it feeds from the back portion, where RAP would feed from the front. This means that for a 98 mod the mag well would extend forward under the barrel to line up with the correct feed location.
Pictures of the prepped shells would be great!!! I have done a DAM mod for my Hammer 7, but I'm looking to tackle the Tippmann 98. The stock I'm going to lay it into will require an extended trigger, but will look great even with the mags a little further forward. I'm mostly worried about prepping the shell for FSRs and accidentally taking out too much material.
Old 12-06-2019, 09:42 PM   #10 (permalink)
COB
MCB Member

Check COB Creation in gallery for pics of 98 shell cut. Also test locations for different magwell systems. Also latest 2 Thompson M1s

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Tippmann