mcarterbrown.com  

WTB Want to Buy!! The object you desire may just be a post away. Just ask!

Old 02-16-2016, 04:33 PM   #1 (permalink)
Pump It Real Good

Brass and Wood Fan
ProtoNY's Most Wanted List: BE, CCI, CCM, FAST, Misc.

*** Updated, as of October 20, 2018 ***

Time to overhaul this and keep it up to date. Have come up with a new list of what I am looking for, broken down for (hopefully) easy reading.

Brass Eagle
  • Nightmare RVA (I believe that these were aftermarket, and not directly from BE.)
  • Point Zero Sight

CCI:
Orange Black Acid Wash Phantom Parts
  • Orange Black Hard Line Kit, or separately:
    • Orange Black Vertical Adapter
    • Orange Black Gauged Rear Adapter
  • Orange Black 12g Bucket Changer
CCM
  • Standard Pump Handle (Translucent Blue, Translucent Purple, or Translucent Amber)

FAST:
  • F1 Illustrator Trigger Frame

Misc:
  • Whaler Hopper, 90 round preference.

Please post here and follow-up with a PM, should you have anything on my list. PayPal is always the easiest, but I am willing to work with you.

Thanks!

Last edited by ProtoNY; 10-20-2018 at 12:49 PM. Reason: Removed Gold Black parts
ProtoNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 09:51 PM   #2 (permalink)
A Suffusion of Yellow

Brass Eagle: Are you referring to the threaded adapter?

My feedback: https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
b-cuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 10:48 PM   #3 (permalink)
Pump It Real Good

Brass and Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by b-cuzz View Post
Brass Eagle: Are you referring to the threaded adapter?
Good question - and the answer is, I am not sure. I've always admired the older BE markers, but never used them apart from the rentals. Picked up a Nightmare SB a couple of weeks ago that was an ex-field rental. It has a non-threaded aluminum adapter spot welded in. This is an aluminum (later) Nightmare, so I am not sure if they were using threaded adapters at that point or not.

Here is the one on there now. Photo from the original listing that I bought it from:

Essentially, I am pretty sure that once this adapter comes out that I am likely not going to be able to salvage it. Talking to an ex-field owner who used to run BE rentals back in the late-80s, he had mentioned that they had recommended epoxy for attaching the feed. Imagine that whatever the solution is, that it will be slightly "non-standard" in the end.

Primary concern is that I want to get the body clean and start with a clean direct feed adapter so that I can get it anodized, at some point. Since this is not a brass one, I figured I would like to get it looking as close to factory, as I can.
Old 02-17-2016, 09:24 AM   #4 (permalink)
A Suffusion of Yellow

I have a factory BE threaded feedneck that came to me on a Jaguar body. I was going to swap the body onto my Poison, but they're different. When I got it, I noticed the neck wasn't epoxied/lock-tite'd/ whatever, and now have a body I can't use.

Old 02-17-2016, 09:31 AM   #5 (permalink)
Pump It Real Good

Brass and Wood Fan
Have the feeling that a threaded feedneck would not work for me, either, unfortunately. This feedneck that I have was definitely added later in its life, likely evolving as part of a rental fleet from a tube-fed stock class Nightmare to the direct feed CA marker that it is today.

This weekend, I am going to do my best to get the welds off of there and take a good look, though. What I was able to see and feel on the inside appears that the base of my feedneck has no threading on it. If I am pleasantly surprised to find threads, though, I will definitely ping you back right away.
Old 02-17-2016, 09:54 AM   #6 (permalink)
New In Box Broken

The normal nightmare will have a pressed in feedneck. Thread in may work if the hole is cleanly made.
RuleOfSines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 09:58 AM   #7 (permalink)
Pump It Real Good

Brass and Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by RuleOfSines View Post
The normal nightmare will have a pressed in feedneck. Thread in may work if the hole is cleanly made.
Thanks for the confirmation! We'll see how the hole looks in the next few days. I know next to nothing about older BE, apart from the fact that I drooled over their ads back in the late 80s.
Old 02-17-2016, 06:39 PM   #8 (permalink)
A Suffusion of Yellow

Couldn't see the pic on the work computer, but I can now. You're right, it doesn't look threaded. I assumed it was, my LB Comp is.

Old 02-17-2016, 06:49 PM   #9 (permalink)
Pump It Real Good

Brass and Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by b-cuzz View Post
Couldn't see the pic on the work computer, but I can now. You're right, it doesn't look threaded. I assumed it was, my LB Comp is.
I've routinely missed out on the Comps, when I've been looking for them - and missed a really nice Ninja, not that long ago, too. Just happy to have one in working order that does not leak.
Old 08-21-2018, 10:00 AM   #10 (permalink)
Pump It Real Good

Brass and Wood Fan
TTT, after updating this previously sorely-neglected and out-of-date post.

mcarterbrown.com » Buy, Sell, Trade » WTB