mcarterbrown.com

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 06-28-2012, 08:26 PM   #61 (permalink)
MCB Member

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Crazy we aren't that far from one another, how about a trip to the james River for some monster blue cats? I've been wanting to hit up one of the guide services down there. They seemed reasonable the last time I looked into it. $200 and some change for 2 people for a full day. The one place said you catch plenty in the 10- 20 LB range, they callled them nuisances, with shots at larger.
Best time to take a dump is when on the phone with tech/ customer service.Also when they say something like "This call may be recorded. . . " I always tell them I hope so and proceed to enjoy my bowel movement.

My feedback

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
PATCHEZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 06:09 AM   #62 (permalink)
no, I'M sorry

caught a catfish from a lake once. like 9 inches.

tossed it in the ice box on the boat for maybe an hour, still gasping.

got back to the place and put it in the fridge for maybe another hour, still gasping.

time to cook it, took it out and gutted it, still gasping.

left it in the sink to die for half an hour, still gasping.

maybe it was still alive when i ate it...

pile of poo, HARD MODE, automag pistol---S.P.E.W.II---What if this hurts me?---No, I'M sorry.---Semiautomatic Nelspot 007!---Decay of Nations 4
Camp Pendleton meetup 2010---Watch me fail at pump!---Clareball 2010 vid!---MCB Stock Class Meet!---HELMETCAM!
Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcandy1993 View Post
Before the first day Velcor said let there be Heinous and it was true. And then Heinous said "Let there be God" and it was true. And it was good
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 07:13 PM   #63 (permalink)
.67cal Buwwets!

CCM Fan
Catfish are incredibly tough fish, they will last a long time out of water. I sever the heads of all the catfish species I catch to eat, once that is done they are dead even though their heads will still move, it is just nerves, like if you cut a head off a chicken or snake, their bodies will still move.

I just got back from a 4 day camping and fishing trip. Had a great time, the fishing wasn't quite as good as usual but i still caught enough fish to be happy. I was really hoping to get a smallmouth on the fly rod but didn't get to, no luck when i had that out.

Got my new Anise/Bass River lures in the mail while I was camping, I have a feeling the glowing the dark is gonna be successful, they really glow. The Tequila Sunrise Anise worms i got are not what I expected but better as they are shades of purple, I was expecting red green and yellow. Purple seems to be my best color so these may prove very successfully too. They are what looks like 3 shades laminated.

Last edited by crazyorigin; 07-01-2012 at 09:00 PM.
crazyorigin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 10:25 PM   #64 (permalink)
no, I'M sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyorigin View Post
Catfish are incredibly tough fish, they will last a long time out of water. I sever the heads of all the catfish species I catch to eat, once that is done they are dead even though their heads will still move, it is just nerves, like if you cut a head off a chicken or snake, their bodies will still move.
lots of people say that, but i don't believe that, for the simple reason of because there is no way to gauge consciousness. sure, it's a standard that everybody uses, and it's practical, but its accuracy is debatable. on the other hand, it's the best we got so we have no choice but to use it. at the very least if you sever the spine then at least it won't feel the pain from the rest of its body...

pile of poo, HARD MODE, automag pistol---S.P.E.W.II---What if this hurts me?---No, I'M sorry.---Semiautomatic Nelspot 007!---Decay of Nations 4
Camp Pendleton meetup 2010---Watch me fail at pump!---Clareball 2010 vid!---MCB Stock Class Meet!---HELMETCAM!
Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcandy1993 View Post
Before the first day Velcor said let there be Heinous and it was true. And then Heinous said "Let there be God" and it was true. And it was good
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 10:37 PM   #65 (permalink)
Straight 6 DID Bust!

10 AM until 5 PM yesterday, I was doing this. Fished for about an hour because I ran out of buns, so I just relaxed the rest of the day. Caught 16 bluegill and threw 'em back.

Nothing better than catch and release at the river
Kermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 10:25 PM   #66 (permalink)
.67cal Buwwets!

CCM Fan
I haven't had such good luck lately fishing. The drought has dropped water levels and the fish haven't been as active, I think the food is concentrated in less space and they just aren't hungry, and with the heat they are not very active to conserve energy.

I have been having pretty good luck with the Anise worms, just got done emailing back and forth with Bass River Outdoor with feedback on their new Anise Frog I had been using with some success. The more i use it the more I like it, I just ordered a pack of each color they have so i can try them all. Sent them a couple pictures of bass me and a friend caught, on P1, and they will hopefully get them up on their website.

The people at Bass River Outdoors seem very receptive and appreciative to feedback on their product, I look forward to giving them more feedback on third new soft baits. I am trying to convince them to make a special frog from ideas I have suggested, we will see if they like my ideas, maybe they will try them out. I used to make lures and rigs when i was a kid that are now big selling lures, I wish i had got patents on some of them (Alabama Rig!) I would have been rich.
crazyorigin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 03:06 PM   #67 (permalink)

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadawg View Post
my go to plastics are senkos and zoom super salt centipedes. 4" and 5". pumpkin seed junebug and motor oil on the zooms and junebug and green/white laminate on the senkos.

I also like the sliderhead worms for drop shot rigs in very deep clear water.

I tend to run my plastics Texas style, but also I do a modified rig that works pretty good for me.
I run a brass sinker and glass bead on top of the hook like a carolina rig, but I don't peg it or put it on a swivel leader, instead letting it slide freely on the line like a Texas rig.

The clacking of the bead and brass and the action of the worm drives the big boys here crazy and they smash that worm like they're hitting a crank bait.

I'm new to fishing - just getting back into it. can you expeplain the motor oil and texas rig?

Smiley
infamoussmiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 07:49 AM   #68 (permalink)
MCB Member

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan

Carolina rig stops the sinker a set distance above your bait.

Texas rig the sinker can slip right up to your bait.

The motor oil and pumpkinseed are colors of the plastic bait. As seen above.
Best time to take a dump is when on the phone with tech/ customer service.Also when they say something like "This call may be recorded. . . " I always tell them I hope so and proceed to enjoy my bowel movement.

My feedback

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
PATCHEZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 01:21 AM   #69 (permalink)
MCB Member

My cousin caught a 48.5" alligator Garr about 2 week ago if i get some time ill post a pic! Caught it on a crank bait.
potts213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:29 PM   #70 (permalink)
Hesperia,ca

Thumbs up

river031403 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat