mcarterbrown.com  

General Chat MCB's Coffee House: Pull up a seat, and grab your favorite caffeinated beverage. Non-paintball related chat within.

Old 06-30-2013, 11:55 AM   #21 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_Obeastly View Post
not weight, incductive prox sensors.
How to Trigger Green Traffic Lights (with Pictures) - wikiHow
doh, didn't read em all before posting.
I always thought it was weight due to cyclists. Either way, I am inclined to make my car dance at red lights. Though most around here never last more than 2 minutes.

Two damn minutes. I can waste hours here reading; and fight for those two minutes as if it will make or break my day. I am sheep.

why do you think i drive so carefully?

My feedback
danssoslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 07:10 PM   #22 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by danssoslow View Post
I always thought it was weight due to cyclists. Either way, I am inclined to make my car dance at red lights. Though most around here never last more than 2 minutes.

Two damn minutes. I can waste hours here reading; and fight for those two minutes as if it will make or break my day. I am sheep.
Always thought that as well until I got to tour the department that was in charge of traffic lights in Springfield, MO. It was an oddly interesting tour. Another tid bit that really got me was that there are only 10 LEDs in the LED stop lights (per color of course). Oh and each control box has a hard wired board that prevents two conflicting traffic signals from happening at the same time so even if the logic controller is wrong that board will kick in and switch it over to flashing reds.

Yes I will edge forward as well and I drive a stick so it isn't even as easy as just letting off the brake. As mentioned, it can be a courtesy to those behind you. Where I live, there aren't a whole lot of stop lights but all of them have intersections and/or entrances/exits to parking lots right by them.

If loud pipes save lives imagine what bright pink helmets could do.

my feedback http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
K_Obeastly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 12:15 AM   #23 (permalink)
smells good!

on more than one occasion i've scooted forward because the car that just pulled-up next to me blocked my view of what i had been looking at (and enjoying )

there's nice scenery while driving through the beach - or college - areas of San Diego in the summer...

WTB: Black 07 Ego Eye Covers

WTB: AGD Z-grip or Y-frame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bored383 View Post
what stimpy said
Quote:
Originally Posted by gainman View Post
My butt hole hurts all the time
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim View Post
Stimps is the man! Not only does he smell his own farts, but he enjoys it at the same time.

FEEDBACK<<<<
stimpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 12:50 AM   #24 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by stimpy View Post
on more than one occasion i've scooted forward because the car that just pulled-up next to me blocked my view of what i had been looking at (and enjoying )

there's nice scenery while driving through the beach - or college - areas of San Diego in the summer...
you know if you actually go to college you can participate in the undie run....
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 01:06 AM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by martix_agent View Post
It's so that more cars can get through the light. Everyone thinks if they inch forward just a little bit, they'll be able to make it and not have to wait an entire cycle again.
...and yet the opposite is true.
Ideally, each car will have over half a car length of space in front of it so that when the light changes they can begin forward motion without having to wait for the car in front of it to begin rolling. In this way, a properly-spaced line of cars will make it safely through the intersection much faster than a tightly-packed column will, numbers being the same.
The Inflicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 01:07 AM   #26 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by danssoslow View Post
Personally, I blame my reasoning (and I am absolutely guilty of doing this) on the Army. If I've heard it once, I've heard it a thousand times, "lock it up!". Moreso to the contrary; when I don't move up, I feel that I have been caught slipping and not paying attention.

If I'm in front of the line, I might nudge a little in the hopes that the light will change if I've been sitting there for a moment. Louisville uses a lot of those weight sensitive pads at stoplights. I'm convinced some need a little bit of sweetspotting to get them to acknowledge my presence.

As a whole, it's my belief that it's all an act of impatience.
I thought the order was "Nut to butt!".

Co-Captain/ Co-Founder
Team-Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper duke View Post
I'd wipe, play-on and overshoot.
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 02:23 AM   #27 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ta2maki View Post
I will move up as a possible courtesy to the cars behind. Often times in the city there is a person that wants to get into the empty, controlled left turn lane but cant because of a few feet. Moving up gives that person room to get into the lane and make their turn without having to wait an extra light cycle. Another instance is in heavy traffic where there is someone caught in the intersection a block behind you and light turns red, moving up can help the clear the block so the cross traffic can get going.

Your actions can affect the traffic farther than you can see.
I don't think we're talking about cases of traffic. We're talking about cases of either stopping 3 car lengths behind another car at a red light, then randomly inching up .... or .... Being the front car at a red light, and inching up hoping the green comes up. Either one seriously pisses me off. I can't help it. It makes absolutely no sense (unless you're a giant truck because it helps you get started, but even they wait for the green light).

That being said, I can't stand driving with my mom because she does this, and I have to yell at her all the time for it. I ask her why she does it, and she can never give me a reason. She just does it.
Old 07-01-2013, 07:12 PM   #28 (permalink)
Yes, that is a joke ---->

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr3mium View Post
I.... Being the front car at a red light, and inching up hoping the green comes up. ...... I ask her why she does it, and she can never give me a reason. She just does it.
How do you know she's inching up hoping the green comes up if she never gives you a reason? Maybe she just doesn't like to be stopped. Like how some people cant stand perfectly still.
ta2maki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 08:14 PM   #29 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ta2maki View Post
How do you know she's inching up hoping the green comes up if she never gives you a reason? Maybe she just doesn't like to be stopped. Like how some people cant stand perfectly still.
But then there's still absolutely no point to it...
Except for the one Heinous gave.
Old 07-01-2013, 09:12 PM   #30 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
I thought the order was "Nut to butt!".
Ha! Never as an command that I remember; but rather a suggestion. Which remind me af another saying:

"A suggestion is a subtle command."

I guess that makes it so.

Mind all, I WILL NOT pass the white line. That is a personal peeve.

why do you think i drive so carefully?

My feedback
danssoslow is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » General Chat