mcarterbrown.com  

Plugged in Online Gaming, and Technology

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2012, 12:31 PM   #91 (permalink)
MCB Member
 
Sneaky Sir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Hutchinson, MN

I just finished up the TV series Terra Nova and am waiting impatiently for season 2. Very nice story and a little dinosaur action too.

For a good Sci-Fi I also just rewatched Equiplibrium, futuristic film where in society it's a crime to have emotions. A little matrix-esque but it does have Keanu Reeves in it so that's partially why. Also pistol wielding can be a martial art

A classic pirate flick, gotta go with Cutthroat Island

A good martial arts one is The Legend of the Fist, Return of Chen Zhen

Clint Eastwood action, The Outlaw Josey Whales and Two Mules For Sister Sara are always good.
__________________
10mm Auto- From Mild To Extra Wild
Sneaky Sir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 12:49 PM   #92 (permalink)
MCB Member
 
EL17E 76's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: am I where I am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneaky Sir View Post
I just finished up the TV series Terra Nova and am waiting impatiently for season 2. Very nice story and a little dinosaur action too.
Hope you are joking
Terra Nova was not renewed for a second season and more than likely never will be(the number of plotlines left open was amazing; admittedly they were hoping for a second season) - I refuse now to invest in any "new" series that comes out until it is atleast three seasons old.

Guilty pleasure Sci-Fi movies : Ultraviolet and Aeon Flux
__________________
Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightstar View Post
I translated this as: Scenario games are popular with overshooting douchebags raging on cocaine and steroid cocktails while roasting puppies and punching babies. Stay home unless you enjoy impromptu fistfights.
EL17E 76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 01:09 PM   #93 (permalink)
MCB Member
 
Sneaky Sir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Hutchinson, MN

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL17E 76 View Post
Hope you are joking
Terra Nova was not renewed for a second season and more than likely never will be(the number of plotlines left open was amazing; admittedly they were hoping for a second season) - I refuse now to invest in any "new" series that comes out until it is atleast three seasons old.

Guilty pleasure Sci-Fi movies : Ultraviolet and Aeon Flux
I didn't go into it with a lot of expectations so it's hard to be disappointed

I just approached it like I did with the Lost series. I was either going to like it or not. I kind of assumed they would tie up some of the open plotlines at a later date.

Yea it had the common crappy, repitious moments, but all series do. And some of the actors could have done a lot better, but I still found that it was a nice time passer. And besides, how often are they dinosaur movies put out nowadays that the graphics don't suck a big one. At least the CG was acceptable. I mean the Jurassic Parks were the last good dino flicks that I know of and sometimes I just find myself craving a good ravenous reptile film.
__________________
10mm Auto- From Mild To Extra Wild
Sneaky Sir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 01:24 PM   #94 (permalink)
MCB Member
 
EL17E 76's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: am I where I am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneaky Sir View Post
I didn't go into it with a lot of expectations so it's hard to be disappointed

I just approached it like I did with the Lost series. I was either going to like it or not. I kind of assumed they would tie up some of the open plotlines at a later date.

Yea it had the common crappy, repitious moments, but all series do. And some of the actors could have done a lot better, but I still found that it was a nice time passer. And besides, how often are they dinosaur movies put out nowadays that the graphics don't suck a big one. At least the CG was acceptable. I mean the Jurassic Parks were the last good dino flicks that I know of and sometimes I just find myself craving a good ravenous reptile film.
I also enjoyed it and was waiting for it to be picked for a second season then my hopes were dashed two weeks or so after S1 ender aired on FOX. I was hoping SyFy or someone would pick it up but nothing
__________________
Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightstar View Post
I translated this as: Scenario games are popular with overshooting douchebags raging on cocaine and steroid cocktails while roasting puppies and punching babies. Stay home unless you enjoy impromptu fistfights.
EL17E 76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 01:32 PM   #95 (permalink)
Zoo
Back on the ice
 
Zoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Blue Jackets' HQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL17E 76 View Post
Guilty pleasure Sci-Fi movies : Ultraviolet and Aeon Flux
Ultraviolet is definitely a guilty pleasure also for me. Overdone plot, borderline acting. But the visual effects are awesome, and Mila in all those skintight outfits....
__________________

www.DeltaSquad.info & Facebook


Trying to register on automags.org? PM 'Beemer' here to get you set up.
Zoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 01:33 PM   #96 (permalink)
Active Member
 
Beest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ann Arbor, Mi

Goon - Hockey movie

Blackadder - British comedy show from the '80s- Lot's of dry ascerbic wit, started at season 2 as 1 is pretty lame.

season 2 starts weaker than I remembered, episode 5 is good and 6 the best.

season 3 has started strongly, first 3 episodes all very good, about half way through. First episode of season 3 is about elections, very timely.

There is a season 4 which I remeber as being very good.

I guess I'll go back and give season 1 a try after I'm done, maybe.
__________________
Cheers
Beest
Adapt and Survive

Last edited by Beest; 11-08-2012 at 01:41 PM.
Beest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 02:02 PM   #97 (permalink)
MCB Member
 
Sneaky Sir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Hutchinson, MN

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL17E 76 View Post
I also enjoyed it and was waiting for it to be picked for a second season then my hopes were dashed two weeks or so after S1 ender aired on FOX. I was hoping SyFy or someone would pick it up but nothing
Sorry, I believe misread your first post, I thought you meant you didn't like the series and that I was a fool for enjoying it. But if you meant that as "I hope you're joking about a 2nd season, I might start skipping I'm so happy" then yes I can understand your disappointment.
__________________
10mm Auto- From Mild To Extra Wild
Sneaky Sir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 04:17 PM   #98 (permalink)
Boom. Yummy
 
dundadun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: SoCal

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
Terra nova was pretty bad, except for the last episode. Somehow that was amazing.

Also equilibrium doesn't have Keanu reeves in it...it has Christian bale.
dundadun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 04:36 PM   #99 (permalink)
MCB Member
 
apom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Harrisburg, PA

Has anyone mentioned MacGuyver? Cause Macguyver wins.
__________________
my feedback (+1/0) // krmarshall@outlook.com
"all that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream"
apom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 05:20 PM   #100 (permalink)
Radical!
 
nerdcore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: NishNash

Haha! My mom-in-law had a crush on Macguyver for a while, or that's what my wife says.

Unrelated but reminded of it, wonder what it would take to get Guyver on netflix, either the animes or the live-actions, or better yet, both...
nerdcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Plugged in

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO
© MCB Network LLC